• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

Images are quite large

E9QlUZr.jpg

JkVN5Ip.jpg

Oooh, I forgot this thread existed! I used to look at it all the time as a lurker. I'm gonna take some pics when I get home, granted my setup's not crazy nice or anything, but I'd love to contribute!

Ultimadrago

I have posted pics of my gaming loft but I haven't posted any pics of my office yet. It took me quite awhile to Paint the room and the the Stripes and get it decent and Its only about 90% done but it will probably be awhile before a finish it up (Cable Management, Curtains, Framed Posters, Other Shelves, Etc.). But here it is as of now.

The view walking into my Office.

Neat & tidy!

This thread is refreshing to look at... but damn, how do some of you guys afford these setups, let alone some of these places? Aren't alot of you in college? I'd actually love to hear it, even if you don't want to tell everyone on the thread.

A lot of gamers, being the huge nerds that they are, tend to be well educated/hard working folks. Much like any hobby you have to fund it some how; I find that well paying job works best. Or you can always resort to selling your god-like body to the hordes of women looking for some lovin.

j/k

I'm a 29 year old with a Digital Advertising gig at a big name publisher. Gaming is my crack habit, and my job funds it.

Tabris

Do some of you even live in these place or just have them to take pictures of. None of the pics look like actual human beings exist there, just Ikea ads.

Yeah, I don't get this. You don't clean your place? Of course we're not going to take a picture when it's not clean. The pictures you see of my setup are "company ready".

This thread is refreshing to look at... but damn, how do some of you guys afford these setups, let alone some of these places? Aren't alot of you in college? I'd actually love to hear it, even if you don't want to tell everyone on the thread.

It's not actually that expensive (some people here do have designer furniture that is extremely expensive) when you shop at places like Ikea. You can get clean high-gloss furniture that makes it look like it's worth more. I'm also a 30 year old with a fairly successful career in now currently Sales but in SaaS based companies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Speaking of offices, I think I may have found the perfect desk and I'm really tempted to buy it if it wasn't for the high cost:

http://hecklerdesign.com/product/onelessdesk/

OneLessOffice-Clear-coat-Location11-1170x575.jpg

That looks painfully impractical. From the picture, it doesn't look like there's enough space for decent speakers, or maybe even for a decently sized mousepad and keyboard. And it looks like you'd have to stare up at the screen instead of being able to look dead on, which is going to mean a lot of neck and shoulder strain. And the edge of that desk is going to murder your wrists.

nesboy43

Banned
Got this piece of furniture at Bestbuy for 150 bucks in December, it's nice wood, made in America, and it's perfect for having tons of devices hooked into a TV. It has multiple slots and each has holes in the back for wires, it is perfect. This is the best piece of furniture I ever bought, as I can see I have tons of systems hooked into there.

I use Hercules Digital speakers (DJ speakers) with an RCA to 3.5mm Stereo plug hooking it in. I have 2 Sony 3 in 1 RCA switch boxes, so 6 consoles can be hooked in without moving cords. If I switch from video 1 to video 2 I just plug in the other RCA to stereo adapter in the speakers so I have the right sound. Very easy set up, doesn't look messy, and perfect for older games.

DSC_0136_zpsd85d3454.jpg

It might be too dark to see but I have a Sony Bravia 32 inch 1080p HDTV and a PS3 standing up on the left of it, a 360 to the right. The TV is used for my computer monitor as well. They are on a wood dresser that has my wireless router and modem inside as well as my clothes. My analog stereo is close to the desk and the speakers are to the left and right of it, also have a record player hooked in too.

DSC_0137_zps24f19d44.jpg

dralla

Been rockin' the same set up for a while now. 9G KURO, Infinity Primus 362 speakers, Boston Acoustics sub [not pictured], and a Denon receiver, whose model number I can't remember at the moment.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

CLBridges

My little gaming area I have setup upstairs. (Not pictured is my PS3 and X51)

Glad to be able to participate in this thread this year. Shout out to everybody who posted their setup, gave me a lot of ideas!

Monitor: LG IPS277L-BN 27" LED Monitor IPS
Speakers: Panasonic SC-HTB20 2.1-Channel 240-Watt Multi-Positional Full HD 3D Audio System
Sony Wireless Headset (Looking to upgrade to the Pulse soon)
3DS and PSP for handheld gaming :)

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
That looks painfully impractical. From the picture, it doesn't look like there's enough space for decent speakers, or maybe even for a decently sized mousepad and keyboard. And it looks like you'd have to stare up at the screen instead of being able to look dead on, which is going to mean a lot of neck and shoulder strain. And the edge of that desk is going to murder your wrists.

Did you look at any of the pictures of it in use? The monitor height looks perfect and your wrists are wresting on your laptop like they would with any other desk. There's also plenty of room for a keyboard and mouse (again, they even show this use case in the pics). I always assumed most people work with headphones on rather than having music play from large computer speakers, but you're right it isn't ideal for that particular case.

Not sure I could justify the price tag, though.

That's not a table. That's a two piece console (furniture).

That's like posting up a picture of an ottoman and declaring that you've found the perfect table.

He said desk, not table.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

You really should be putting speakers on their own stands.

Spot on about the height and edge of the desk though.

Shitty camera, shitty monitor, cable mess. I love it.

Even that picture of the mess is giving me a involuntary twitch. How do you live with it?

MonkeyDot

Banned

Even that picture of the mess is giving me a involuntary twitch. How do you live with it?

It actually has been needing a clean-up, might as well do it now. Will post results.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Dinner table just means more space for less money.

jbvFnv1p8O23EA.jpg

Ooh very nice. I already basically use my dinner table as a desk. If I had the space I'd get a huge, flat desk. I don't really need drawers or anything, just surface.

I'm really not understanding this arguments. Looks fine to me on both counts:

Monitor is at eye level. Wrists are on laptop, where they'll be no matter what desk you use. If you're only referring to an external keyboard, typing on one of those keyboard is always going to have some discomfort if you aren't using some sort of pad for your wrists *shrug*

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Any suggestions on a good cheap projector ($300 or there abouts)? I would mainly only be hooking up a Macbook Air and occasionally a PS3 to show movies outside.

Cheers!

Thraktor

Alright, folks, I've been lurking this thread for a long while now, and now finally ready to post my setup.

Behold!

apartmentbefore.jpg

Seriously, though, I just moved into a new apartment, and this right here is what I like to call the "before" picture. We're in the process of getting all our furniture/entertainment kit sorted out, so I should have some "after" photos for you all in a few weeks time.

Alright, folks, I've been lurking this thread for a long while now, and now finally ready to post my setup.

Behold!

http://www.conductunbecoming.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/apartmentbefore.jpg[IMG]

Seriously, though, I just moved into a new apartment, and this right here is what I like to call the "before" picture. We're in the process of getting all our furniture/entertainment kit sorted out, so I should have some "after" photos for you all in a few weeks time.[/QUOTE]

This looks bleedin' awesome. Hipster style!

Amagon

My little gaming area I have setup upstairs. (Not pictured is my PS3 and X51)

Glad to be able to participate in this thread this year. Shout out to everybody who posted their setup, gave me a lot of ideas!

Would love to know what speakers are these.

Thraktor

Needs more art and uncomfortable looking chairs to be hipster. His couch looks comfy

It is pretty comfy (sitting on it right now).

Made me lol, that's awesome. You should leave it like that then invite a bunch of people over for a party and see their reaction.

We actually have had people over with basically that setup (plus a Saturn). Hell, the day we got the keys we had some folks over and all there was were the two couches.

Finally got around to taking some decent pictures, so here's the setup:

First off, my nightstand, home of the handhelds:

mfFwgSd.jpg

Next, here's the whole TV stand/shelf setup:

N5qQQU4.jpg

TV up close, it's a 47" LG LM6700 series w/ passive 3D tech:

iMAtrZS.jpg

Now for the Consoles/Games:

Vita, PS3, 360, and some random PS2 games...

d5eGH36.jpg

Wii Console, Wii Fit Board, Wii Games, & 3DS Games (bin is full of Wii controllers)...

Z4LboSY.jpg

My original 360 red-ringed shortly after I bought a PS3 so I went without a 360 for a few years. For that reason, my current 360s is kind of the black sheep of my setup despite it's prominent looking position, but the console seems to overheat when it's not getting airflow so I have it centered on the shelf like this...

2M7xaGR.jpg

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Been rockin' the same set up for a while now. 9G KURO, Infinity Primus 362 speakers, Boston Acoustics sub [not pictured], and a Denon receiver, whose model number I can't remember at the moment.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

How have the primus been treating you?

Picked up the P363 Floorstanders and am still looking to complete the set.

oatmeal

Banned

Behold!

apartmentbefore.jpg

Seriously, though, I just moved into a new apartment, and this right here is what I like to call the "before" picture. We're in the process of getting all our furniture/entertainment kit sorted out, so I should have some "after" photos for you all in a few weeks time.

Hah, love it.

Top Bottom