• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

Amagon

Too lazy to post more up to date pics of my pc setup but my console setup (which is in my room) has finally been redone.
Cross post from the 2014 June pick ups thread:
14169532198_7bd1d61bcd_b.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a receiver (and good speakers) sometime in the future seeing as I have more HDMI devices than my tv has HDMI ports. That or a ton of adapters.

Where can I find that tv stand?

I think ive posted in here about how I've gotten so many ideas from you guys on what I want to do

our house will finish construction at the end of next month and i'm so excited to finally get everything set up and in place

As answered by Mascot, it's the Aeron, and I can also vouch and say it's probably one of if not the best office/desk chairs available. Well worth the money.

Where can I buy a new Aeron at a normal price (<$650) that isn't Craigslist? I check all the time and it's nothing but shady stuff or used chairs. STL area.

Gaz_RB

My setup:
[Sorry for the bad pic, just used my phone]
Right now I've just got the PS4 and PC hooked up to the big TV. I had the PS3 hooked up too, but I just finished the last PS3 game from my backlog (feels reaaaalllly nice), so I unplugged it. I've got my gaming laptop because I travel a lot, and to have GAF or twitch open when I'm playing games or streaming. Pretty humble, but it's nice until I find a more permanent place to live (still in college). Every piece of furniture cost less than 20 bucks. Goodwill is an awesome place.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
My setup:

[Sorry for the bad pic, just used my phone]
Right now I've just got the PS4 and PC hooked up to the big TV. I had the PS3 hooked up too, but I just finished the last PS3 game from my backlog (feels reaaaalllly nice), so I unplugged it. I've got my gaming laptop because I travel a lot, and to have GAF or twitch open when I'm playing games or streaming. Pretty humble, but it's nice until I find a more permanent place to live (still in college). Every piece of furniture cost less than 20 bucks. Goodwill is an awesome place.

Desert boots for the win!

Venfayth

What kinds of desks are you guys using for your computers? I'm looking for something good and sturdy to hold up a triple monitor stand, and opaque preferably, to hide cables underneath.

Any suggestions?

Smokey

I am using the Ikea Galant for my setup below. . Love it. There's plenty of space for a triple monitor setup (I ran one on it). Got the Beast v2.0 in it's case with the cables straightened out. Got the PS4 up as well.

Battlestation setup and complete:

Edit: Specs from last page for the curious:

Case - Corsair Air 540
Monitor - Samsung U28D590 4K monitor
Motherboard - Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU - Core i7 4930k 6 core processor
RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Graphics - 3x EVGA SuperClocked GTX Titan Blacks
Fans - 3x 120mm Corsair AF120s HP, 4x Corsair SP120
Cooling - Corsair H100i
PSU - Evga Supernova 1300w
Storage - 2TB HDD, 1x 750GB Samsung Evo SSD,1x 120GB Intel SSD,
Other - White sleeved EVGA PSU cables, EVGA 3 way Pro SLI bridge, Nzxt Sentry Mix 2 fan controller, Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Corsair M65 mouse

Marceles

I am using the Ikea Galant for my setup below. . Love it. There's plenty of space for a triple monitor setup (I ran one on it). Got the Beast v2.0 in it's case with the cables straightened out. Got the PS4 up as well.

Battlestation:

Welp, I hate you...are those Titans too?

Smokey

I really want a new keyboard, non-wireless.

How you like that one?

It is a mechanical gaming keyboard with Cherry Brown switches. Not sure if you've ever used a mechanical before, but they are great. There's different color switches effect the sound and the feedback. Browns are on the quieter side. With that being said I like it but I'm thinking of getting a Cherry Blue switch keyboard. I have one at my office and typing on it feels amazing. It is quite a bit louder than the 710+.

If you want quiet but still nice feedback I'd recommend it.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
It is a mechanical gaming keyboard with Cherry Brown switches. Not sure if you've ever used a mechanical before, but they are great. There's different color switches that effect the sound and the feedback. Browns are on the quieter side. With that being said I like it but I'm thinking of getting a Cherry Blue switch keyboard. I have one at my office and typing on it feels amazing. It is quite a bit louder than the 710+.

If you want quiet but still nice feedback I'd recommend it.

Sounds like exactly what I want...heh. Thanks!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I hate clutter.

I keep all my game-related boxes and most boxes for electronic items if they're small enough. Helps a TON when moving or selling stuff off.

But I'm also fortunate enough that my folks live very close by-- I store all the boxes in their basement when not needed (am in an apartment). A lot of my stuff is still there, in fact, including older games and systems. Really need to just get rid of it all. I have no urge to go back and play my Saturn stuff at this point, for example.

Quick

Banned
I hate clutter.

I used to keep all my boxes, then I realized that most of them are impractical for potential future storage options.

Threw most of them out, and my storage is a lot more spacious.

I'd give them away to GAF, but none of them were really rare, and the thought of sending someone an empty box seems stupid.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yes, Titan Blacks. I added the specs from my last post.
I'm kind of surprised that you spent money on three Titan Blacks but went with a TN panel monitor. As someone that just bought a new monitor and jumped through the shopping hoops, what was the rationale behind that choice? Your PC itself is beautiful looking, though. Nicely done.

Smokey

I'm kind of surprised that you spent money on three Titan Blacks but went with a TN panel monitor. As someone that just bought a new monitor and jumped through the shopping hoops, what was the rationale behind that choice? Your PC itself is beautiful looking, though. Nicely done.

I have this 4k monitor, a Dell U3011, and 3x 120hz monitors :p

I wanted 4k and this was the only reasonable way to do so. Really liked the 32'' models,. but didn't want to spend their asking price. Plus they were still on MST. The Samsung I have is SST which drastically reduces the headaches of getting 4k up and running.

And thanks for the words!

casmith07

Man I love this thread. Subbed.

Lots of great ideas here. I'll be able to do this one day when I'm no longer in the military moving every two years and I'm stationary.

TMC

First setup in my first apartment. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to cover those cords from the electrical outlet? I hate how they were placed. I can't really change my setup to cater to them. It drives me crazy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
First setup in my first apartment. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to cover those cords from the electrical outlet? I hate how they were placed. I can't really change my setup to cater to them. It drives me crazy.

Pot plants or other decorations?

Floor-standing speakers, easy. Even if you can't take full advantage of them in the apartment, they'll be good later.

TMC

Pot plants or other decorations?

I did have a plant on the right side for about a month until it pretty much died. Likely due to not having enough sunlight.

Floor-standing speakers, easy. Even if you can't take full advantage of them in the apartment, they'll be good later.

That was one of my first thoughts because it would be perfect since there is an outlet on each side I need to cover up. I would definitely do this if I wasn't in an apartment. I'm on the second floor so it would be an even bigger issue. I will look into this though.

Thanks for the suggestions!

OK, I've spent the last couple of weeks looking at setups, furniture, what have you. This is what it is now.

Here's the pretty accurate render:

14276166978_47931129a1_z.jpg

Here is what I've come up with the first draft:

14276306577_e5c6576f62_z.jpg

I used Ikea models for ease. All cabinetry will be custom made. I may outsource the dual chaise and sofa to Ikea, it will depend on my schedule. I'll start rendering the custom cabinetry probably next week. I have a project for a friend I have to complete before I begin work.

Quick

Banned
Collapse them and keep the small pile of packing materials from them somewhere?

Sure, but I also just wanted to get rid of them. A lot of them are thin cardboard that won't support much weight, so it wasn't at all practical to begin with. I did keep a couple of them to store my CDs in.

Lucent

Not sure why but its never crossed my mind to remove it.

I kept mine on just because I think it makes it look cool with the triangle and exclamation point symbol. lol. Mine doesn't have the HDMI logo on it though so it doesn't look as cluttered in text though.

And I've been saving pics of peoples set ups and stuff for awhile now. Inspiration for the future. lol.

My setup

1926726_10152216571229512_1459915254_n.jpg

1902847_10152216571244512_2061391955_n.jpg

1920111_10152216571294512_1203560445_n.jpg

Closeup of Nixie Clock

1451480_10152014016504512_2085419100_n.jpg

PC with Dual Monitor Setup and R9 290, Samsung PN64E8000 64" Plasma, PS3, XBox One, Xbox 360, Pioneer 9.2 Channel Receiver, Pioneer Elite BD player, KEF Master Reference 200C Centre, JBL E100 fronts, Definitive Technologies Supercube I 1500w Subwoofer, Infinity Modulus Rears.

Eames Chair, Roxanne Sofa from IDdesign UAE, ICE Coffee Table, Lamina Nixie Clock, Rug and other sofa also from ID Design

Top Bottom