• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

man, some of the setups in here are so nice. my goal is to buy a house within the next two years, so once i do i'll definitely be putting together a nice room and hopefully contributing to the 2016 edition of this thread. until then i'll be admiring these pics haha

VoxPop

So, everything is set up. Remember me?

My setup is now complete with my new PS4:

nm8mrhtn.jpg

(big)

Perfect. Love the room!

Wow, some really amazing setups in this thread. Here's mine:

Desk
apartment01.jpg

Entertainment center
apartment02.jpg

PC
guts_all.jpg

Pioneer Kuro 500M, Denon 2809 receiver, Klipsch Icon V-series speakers. PC is hooked up to the TV of course. Window behind the TV looks much brighter than it actually is because I had to open the blinds a bit to get a good shot and I have a bad camera. I also have a PS4, but haven't taken a new picture.

J0dy77

Wow, some really amazing setups in this thread. Here's mine:

Desk
apartment01.jpg

Entertainment center
apartment02.jpg

PC
guts_all.jpg

Pioneer Kuro 500M, Denon 2809 receiver, Klipsch Icon V-series speakers. PC is hooked up to the TV of course. Window behind the TV looks much brighter than it actually is because I had to open the blinds a bit to get a good shot and I have a bad camera. I also have a PS4, but haven't taken a new picture.

Nice desk. Mind if I ask where u got it?

What is the black box-looking thing with the glossy white top on your console stand?

Your entire setup looks really sharp, it's obvious you've put a lot of time and effort into making your space look so beautiful.
I think that's just a storage area that is part of the stand

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haven't checked this thread in a while, but I'm glad to see some more contemporary and traditional representation. Always lots of modern and minimalist in here, normally. Not that the style is bad, frankly, it's the easier style to work with a lot of electronics, but I like seeing something different like wooden floors, lots of loud colors rather than neutrals, etc.

Kilrathi

Going to be getting a xbox one with kinect soon, and i am trying figure out where to the put the device on my dresser with my tv. I have the PS Eye(I have a second one attached to the Eye of Judgement stand), Time Crisis 4 Senors, Wii Senor bar, and the xbox 360 kinect all hooked up.

20140601_004253.jpg

Any thoughts on the where to put the kinect 2.0?

Faith

Your room could be out of a design magazine.
I found this concept in a furniture brochure. I changed some stuff and Cinema4D (3D modelling program) helped me a lot, more details here.

You must have one of the best (if not the best) gaming setup here imo. Congrats!
Thanks a lot :)

Adam A7Xs, nice. Mine have served me very well.
They surprise me even today, best speakers I've ever had. Combined with my closed subwoofer and some little changes in the frequency response with a parametric EQ it sounds outstanding.

What is the black box-looking thing with the glossy white top on your console stand?
It's just the storage area.

Your entire setup looks really sharp, it's obvious you've put a lot of time and effort into making your space look so beautiful.
Yeah, before I started studying Chemistry I worked for almost a whole year in a consumer electronics shop. Without it, most of it would have been possible, I posted a list of everything some pages ago. Now with my new PS4, I invested around 15.000$ in this room. I knew back then that I wouldn't move out of my parents apartment till I finish my study and get a decent job, so I thought I want to spend these years in an awesome room :D

I cannot be any more physically jealous of this setup, damn. Exceptional stuff.
I know the feeling. Most part of my life I was jealous of the stuff that my friends had. They had wealthy parents and I didn't have this privilege. Now I appreciate everything I have to the fullest, because I had to work for it.

nm8mrhtn.jpg

(big)
Very nice setup, but what has really caught my eye is your cable management underneath your desk. Is that part of the desk itself, or something separate you've rigged up?

I'm fairly happy with my PC setup, but the mess of wires at the back of the desk is still a problem for me. I've done some of it with cable ties etc, but I need to tuck them up and out of the way somehow.

Faith

did anyone meantion your avatar goes well with your room ? :D
How do you mean that? ^^

Very nice setup, but what has really caught my eye is your cable management underneath your desk. Is that part of the desk itself, or something separate you've rigged up?
The whole desk is do-it-yourself made. I got the wooden desk from a DIY-store because I wanted a special size (2x0.75m) and my father painted it white. For the cable management I got this cabal channel from IKEA and attached it to the desk. The table-leg is also from IKEA, it's awesome because you can change the height. In order to keep the desk holding I also attached thick wooden sticks to the wall. Here is a picture how it looks like.

And I forgot something important, the hole to put the cables trough the table xD

d0nnie

Banned
Some of these gaming set-ups are amazing...right out of a magazine.

Here's my humble set-up...

gaming01jsukr.jpg

gaming02plugk.jpg

There's a second XBO in another bedroom, which the GF uses. I might be selling mine soon, waiting on E3 to decide.

Competa

Banned
a kind of off topic question, but... When the screen is so large, like, 100 inches, doesn't it have a lot of input lag? I would imagine its unplayable.

Or is latency a thing of the past LCD days?

Largebody

Neo Member
A couple updates. New SHARP TV. Upgraded to a 1440p Computer monitor. Sold My XBOX ONE to buy another GPU, now running two 780's in SLI. Love it. Wish I had a better camera to provide higher quality pictures… Damn iPhones.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be my downfall when I move into a new apartment at the end of the month. So many great ideas, so few spare dollars...

The one thing I know for sure is that this thread confirms that I, indeed, have terrible taste and need to step my home-styling game up.

I finally finished scrolling this thread... there are so many impressive setups and distinct styles here. I'm in the process of moving into a new place and will hopefully be able to post a few pics after I get everything settled in.

One day I hope to have a separate game room/basement inspired by some of the ones I've seen here.

The whole desk is do-it-yourself made. I got the wooden desk from a DIY-store because I wanted a special size (2x0.75m) and my father painted it white. For the cable management I got this cabal channel from IKEA and attached it to the desk. The table-leg is also from IKEA, it's awesome because you can change the height. In order to keep the desk holding I also attached thick wooden sticks to the wall. Here is a picture how it looks like.

And I forgot something important, the hole to put the cables trough the table xD
Thankyou so much for the great reply! I hadn't checked this thread for a while, but it's much appreciated.

My desk has a back panel, which the desktop overhangs by about 20cm. This leaves enough space for me to attach something similar to your cable channel. The cables are already pretty neat with cable ties etc, but they all dangle down below the bottom edge of the desk's back panel (it doesn't extend all the way to the floor), so getting a little "cable shelf" like you've got there would keep them all tucked away. Now to find the time...

Syrus

Banned
No pics yet but I got a nice 2 seated recliner, 59 Samsung plasma , 7.1 onkyo rec, 4 floor standing pioneers center and 2 bookshelf for rears. Energy S10.3 sub. Friggin amazing sound and picture

LegendX48

Too lazy to post more up to date pics of my pc setup but my console setup (which is in my room) has finally been redone.
Cross post from the 2014 June pick ups thread:
14169532198_7bd1d61bcd_b.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a receiver (and good speakers) sometime in the future seeing as I have more HDMI devices than my tv has HDMI ports. That or a ton of adapters.

SinSilla

nm8mrhtn.jpg

(big)

Nice setup, but why are your monitors so extremely toed in? For good stereo imaging around 30° is recommended, yours seem to be at almost 50°. Have you tried a different angle?

Faith

great room again, but a white device would seriously screw up the entire look LOL
Haha I know, my Sony Xperia Z2 is white xD

I'm still trying to find the type of mat/rug you have under your chair. If anyone happens to know what it is exactly, please let me know!
You won't find it in a furniture store, because it's not a chair mat, it's an outdoor mat for a door. Check some DIY-stores ;)

Nice setup, but why are your monitors so extremely toed in? For good stereo imaging around 30° is recommended, yours seem to be at almost 50°. Have you tried a different angle?
It's around 45°. But you are right, now it's 30° and it sounds better. Thanks for the tip.

buenoblue

C58Ems7.jpg
[/IMG]

fwVf6Ul.jpg

Hope i linked it right, im such a noob.

Heres my man Cave In action. Need a better camera.

Contains Ps4, Xbox One, WiiU, i7 PC with GTX 780ti, Ps3, Wii, Denon 2113 7.1 AVR with Q Accoustics Concept 20 & sw150 sub, 47 inch lg 1080p 3d tv and a optoma HD300x 1080p 3d projector with 84inch screen.

oh and a leather 2 seater recliner. hopefully nothing else gets released lol.

Too lazy to post more up to date pics of my pc setup but my console setup (which is in my room) has finally been redone.
Cross post from the 2014 June pick ups thread:

I'm thinking of getting a receiver (and good speakers) sometime in the future seeing as I have more HDMI devices than my tv has HDMI ports. That or a ton of adapters.

Yeah I ran into this issue as well. My TV only has 2 HDMI ports. I did buy an HDMI Switcher and my PS4 doesn't seem to like it and I have issues with the PS4 HDMI handshake. I do plan on getting a Xbox One and Wii U in the future, hopefully the HDMI switcher will work better with those consoles.

simpleton

I couldn't get the pics of my main system to turn out properly, everything had a horrible glare on it. I really need some camera lessons. So I thought I'd post this video instead (which is equally bad quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNWe4emTUE

(Looks like you can't embed here?)

Here are a couple pics that were of at least acceptable quality of my fireplace system and my mame / emulator cabinet. I also am in the process of finishing my basement and it has a 120 inch screen, but still no flooring or ceiling in place.

fireplacesystem.jpg

mamesystem.jpg

Finally took a couple more pics. Still look like crap but apparently it's the best I can do without taking a photography course. Just added a new shelf for games, a Sega Master system and for no reason at all a Xbox HD-DVD drive. That brings it up to 16 consoles and 1 gaming PC all hooked up and working to one TV. (if you include the 32x and Sega CD as separate systems from the Genesis)

front.jpg

back.jpg

Allforce

That's an awesome use of that loft, nice work man.

Working on getting some new photos up of my setup, we moved and I finally got around to hanging some prints up today so it looks presentable.

Fantastic looking setups all around. This series inspired me to join up. Read back through the 2010-2013 threads as well. Once I move the kids crap out of the way, I'll post some of my own.

Theman2k

Hi everyone, first let me apologize if this thread is not the place for what i'm going to ask.

I see all of these amazing setups, and i am currently before renovating the house.
It would be greatly appreciated, if i could get some tips or guides and tutorials to make amazing looking setups.
Mainly cable and wire arrangement, my goal is to hide them inside the walls in a tube so everything along the home will seem wireless.

I also liked a lot of the furniture and game/movie picture frames, so any good tips on those would be greatly appreciated too. :)

Thanks, I want to make a kick ass home too !

Top Bottom