• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

I finally bought my first home and moved out of my parents.

Here is my setup:

Panasonic 65ax800
4x B&W 685 bookshelf speakers
B&W ASW61STB subwoofer
B&W HTM62B center channel
Denon 1713 AVR
Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Xbox 360 gaming consoles
Panamax MR5100 surge protector

Mmm vaulted ceilings...

Congrats on moving out.

A few pics of my small basement setup. Not the fanciest but it does the job.

7DYRBiR.jpg

unozL5v.jpg

myca77

Some very nice setups here.

Been wanting to share mine but never got around to it, so here goes!

Couch and coffee table.

0Snw48ql.jpg

Computer corner. MBP (Work), Mac mini Quad i7 (Home/music), PC core 2 quad with GTX580 (Gaming). All hooked up to the KRK 2.1 set up and/or the onkyo 5.1 system through the patch bay and/or Mackie mixing desk.

7rOg6ysl.jpg

PS4, PS3, Wii-U, Vita, GBA Micro, controllers et-al.

ke8Intul.jpg

Sony VPL-HW55ES projector (needs fixing next year) running from an onkyo 5.1 receiver to a 92" motorised floor standing screen. When it's down the rather nice cast iron fire place can be seen.

Sev52oql.jpg

Guitar and blu-ray corner (sneaky 360 controller hiding in there).

sZwps4el.jpg

Picks for Rocksmith.

MjejfVll.jpg

The electrics in my flat have been a bit dodgy since I moved in, so everything is hooked up to power conditioned uninterrupted power supplies. All those black and white panels on the walls are bass traps or acoustic panels which really help with the room acoustics.

I sometimes miss the makeshift Mame cabinet thing I built a few years ago, but I was faced with the choice of keeping that and the awful 2 seater couch or getting the much nicer couch that is in the photos. Comfort won out.

myca77

Yo bro whats the make and model on that sectional? Looks nice and I really don't like the Johnson furniture sectional i got last year

I think it was a DFS ripple, UK based company, no Idea if they have a presence in the US. It only just made it up the three very tight flights of stairs even though it's in three pieces.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sony VPL-HW55ES projector (needs fixing next year) running from an onkyo 5.1 receiver to a 92" motorised floor standing screen. When it's down the rather nice cast iron fire place can be seen.

floor standing electric screen? Make/Model? Never heard of that but it sounds like a great idea to save pissing about in your ceiling space.

myca77

floor standing electric screen? Make/Model? Never heard of that but it sounds like a great idea to save pissing about in your ceiling space.

It's a Sapphire screen. I believe they are made in the same factories as a lot of the other "Budget" screens if my prior visits to the AV forums are anything to go by. It's pretty heavy and not the most attractive thing, but my ceiling was too high for a regular ceiling screen, I would have had to build a shelf over the fireplace which I'm hesitant to do in a rented flat. It's pretty good though, I've been very happy with it this last year.

It's very similar to this video of one.

There are some companies that will do them in bespoke furniture.

http://www.elitescreens.com/index.php/products/electric-screens-floor-rising

iirc they were a little out of my budget. There was another company I found that did ones a lot nicer than the link above, but I cannot remember who they were, very pricey though.

Yes Boss!

Put my little 125 square-foot arcade room in order. More of a check and organization since everything is going into storage for a couple years.

9B5CD112-86C4-46B3-9B22-7A20D7B40AF9_zps5ntvpawf.jpg

CB6B5B3C-4494-4D6E-AF28-9CEDD8A8F3C7_zpszy6cebdf.jpg

36617D87-2617-4A04-B980-C5A8A92D0F79_zps49fuoywj.jpg

3CB22290-97BC-4F51-AEFE-639CAFF1AB95_zpsgluijp2w.jpg

Archaonlotr

Neo Member
info on this desk please?

Sorry Steal, i picked the desk up 6 years ago at a furniture studio - its not mainstream or produced in numbers

it was originally a dining table - but they were closing down, and i managed to get it for a very cheap 1k

Been happy with it all this time, i wanted something that looks professional for a desk

Dave_6

Sorry Steal, i picked the desk up 6 years ago at a furniture studio - its not mainstream or produced in numbers

it was originally a dining table - but they were closing down, and i managed to get it for a very cheap 1k

Been happy with it all this time, i wanted something that looks professional for a desk

It's a nice looking desk, so is the keyboard and the PC!

THEF3AR

LG 42LN5300 42" 1080p 60Hz LED

I bought it over the summer for dirt cheap at Walmart. It's been great for what I use it for. Only two HDMI inputs and only optical audio out, but I only have my PS4 and my Fire TV Stick plugged in.

I have that same tv. Do you mind sharing your settings for gaming with me?

Put my little 125 square-foot arcade room in order. More of a check and organization since everything is going into storage for a couple years.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/9B5CD112-86C4-46B3-9B22-7A20D7B40AF9_zps5ntvpawf.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/CB6B5B3C-4494-4D6E-AF28-9CEDD8A8F3C7_zpszy6cebdf.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/36617D87-2617-4A04-B980-C5A8A92D0F79_zps49fuoywj.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/3CB22290-97BC-4F51-AEFE-639CAFF1AB95_zpsgluijp2w.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Nice setup, haven't seen you post it in a while.

9B5CD112-86C4-46B3-9B22-7A20D7B40AF9_zps5ntvpawf.jpg

CB6B5B3C-4494-4D6E-AF28-9CEDD8A8F3C7_zpszy6cebdf.jpg

36617D87-2617-4A04-B980-C5A8A92D0F79_zps49fuoywj.jpg

3CB22290-97BC-4F51-AEFE-639CAFF1AB95_zpsgluijp2w.jpg

by the power of greyskull...

seen a few people with candy cabs, with myself at one time owning an atomiswave candy, but a vewlix?? damn, that's awesome.

Archaonlotr

Neo Member
I was thinking about getting a chair like yours, but I'm worried it won't be comfortable for long periods of sitting. How do you like it?

Most comfortable chair ive ever used, i dont like to feel like im sitting / leaning against pillows - its very good support

it also leans back, and can be locked upright if needed

Not sure how much they differ from place to place, quality may be a big factor

AfroLuffy

Most comfortable chair ive ever used, i dont like to feel like im sitting / leaning against pillows - its very good support

it also leans back, and can be locked upright if needed

Not sure how much they differ from place to place, quality may be a big factor

Oh, cool, I honestly wasn't expecting to hear that. I'll have to get one now. Which model do you have and/or where did you get it? I've seen lots of variations out there. Thanks! :)

Archaonlotr

Neo Member
Oh, cool, I honestly wasn't expecting to hear that. I'll have to get one now. Which model do you have and/or where did you get it? I've seen lots of variations out there. Thanks! :)

Always go and sit in them first - and get a feel for the chair, never buy a chair on recommendations - everyone is different

i bought my chair from an Australian Furniture store (coco republic), its real leather / and the quality is outstanding, thus going strong after 6+ years

I paid 900.00 for it back then, your probably not in Australia though

Sanjay

That's an Amstyle Maglo. It's not too expensive either, actually at roughly 180€.

If you are in the US though it might be hard to find. I think it's either italian or german, not sure.

I just ordered this chair, I love orange and I needed a new chair. I will let you know if its any good.

Its being shipped from German so it could be from there.

themindkillah

Neo Member
First, I wanted to say all you guys have such beautiful setups. It's really inspiring and pushed me to keep working on mine. It's been a real process of changing things around several times. I am finally ready to show what it looks like so far. I hope you guys like it!

My main space
H2nCGbG.jpg

Different angle
EPVEVaX.jpg

Close-up of my arcade (I always dreamed of having one)
VKjvDXe.jpg

My PC gaming setup
1Sjk0iE.jpg

My old-school gaming setup. All the signs were painted on the wall by my dad. Almost all of the signs were taken from Timmy Burrows work.
t3IubAR.jpg

farmerboy

That is awesome. The first pic especially is how I've envisioned something for myself if I had a room just for my shit.

But a wife and kids means NO DICE for farmerboy

finalflame

So many of these setups are AMAZING. Kudos to everyone who has put such effort into having a nice, relaxing, chill gaming environment. I aspire to have that again some day.

This is my current "transitioning into living in the Bay Area" chill coding/gaming corner. I share a room, so essentially this is my part of the room, with my bed next to my desk and a drawer across. PS4 is behind the TV, and Ni No Kuni special edition PS3 + WiiU are under the desk on top of a drawer thing.

And my most prized gaming possession, not seen in the picture:

CDV13

How do some of you sit so far away from your TV's? I have to be basically right in front of my TV to game.

I've always wondered the same thing. Even when I have my contacts in, I need to be leaned like right into the tv. I can only lounge during RPGs, if I try at any other genre I do so bad. It's odd.

dodgeme

Don't think I've posted my whole setup this year so here it is. Sorry about a few bad pictures, only using an iPhone in poor lighting. Room is in a basement and I don't really like the overhead lights so it stays rather dark down here.

Here is my main setup
It consists of:
46" Samsung 120hz 3DTV
Harman-Kardon AVR-1710 driving my surround sound, speakers were all picked up a thrift stores or open-box. In fact most of this setup is either that or open-box from Best-Buy, some really good deals to be had. I have Boston HD8 and HD7's for the Front and Side Speakers along with a matching center speaker from Boston, the rears are a set of Polks I got cheap and the subwoofer is an older Harman-Kardon piece.
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony PS4
Microsoft Xbox One
Microsoft Xbox 360
The Gamecube isn't hooked up at the moment, kinda just leave it there as it looks weird with a hole there.

Here's a glance at my games as well.

I'm also a bit of a movie buff if this picture doesn't portray that, I do have pics of all the movies but I won't bore you all. You can see my sub in the picture as well, quite large but was essentially free as I got it at a yard sale for $10 with a matching receiver that I flipped for $150.
Gaming PC corner, bit of a mess but I live here, not trying to make it look artificially clean for pictures.

Finally, my retro corner, I have shown this in various states before but I recently got the Olympus OEV203 which is a rebranded 20" Sony PVM. I also am using an old Phillips 785 Receiver to drive stereo sound for the games. All the consoles are hooked up via RGB or component so I can get a picture like this.

Top Bottom