• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

First, I wanted to say all you guys have such beautiful setups. It's really inspiring and pushed me to keep working on mine. It's been a real process of changing things around several times. I am finally ready to show what it looks like so far. I hope you guys like it!

My main space
http://i.imgur.com/H2nCGbG.jpg[/]
Different angle
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EPVEVaX.jpg
Close-up of my arcade (I always dreamed of having one)
http://i.imgur.com/VKjvDXe.jpg[/]
My PC gaming setup
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Sjk0iE.jpg[/]
My old-school gaming setup. All the signs were painted on the wall by my dad. Almost all of the signs were taken from [URL="http://www.redesignrevolution.com/minimalist-poster-designs-of-n64-games-by-timmy-burrows/"]Timmy Burrows[/URL] work.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/t3IubAR.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

Love the brick. Though is the centre stand bowing?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Finally wrapping up some bits and pieces in my apartment after almost a year of taking possession. Slotted a finished rack into my media room nook, squeezed in between Jurassic Park pinball and the arcade cabinet. Rack houses MySky HDi, Apple TV, PlayStation 3, network switch, 2 x network transmitters, network storage, amp, subwoofer controller, and Savant home automation system. Out of shot is my main TV which is a 65 inch Panasonic Plasma.

10843994_1379001042398218_589741054_n.jpg

damn where do you guys find candy cabs or arcade machines like that been trying to find some in toronto but i guess you have to order them from some sort of website?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
damn where do you guys find candy cabs or arcade machines like that been trying to find some in toronto but i guess you have to order them from some sort of website?

I got both the pinball machine and arcade machine off the NZ equivalent of eBay. The pinball machine was a private seller, but the arcade cabinet was actually a vendor who both builds and refurbishes arcade machines and MAME cabinets.

Am sure you could find someone similar up in Canada. Quick Google search found this which has some options

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-gta-greater-toronto-area/arcade-cabinet/k0l1700272

themindkillah

Neo Member
Love the brick. Though is the centre stand bowing?

Thanks! Yeah, you're right. The big speaker combo is a new purchase and my aging ikea furniture is struggling with it. Need to fix it ASAP! :p

Best retro set up i've ever seen. Congrats to your dad.

Thank you! I'm lucky to have a talented artist like my dad. The wall is simplistic but he doesn't get to work on stuff like this much anymore. This is a guy who used to work on the floats in the carnival of Rio de Janeiro. Anyway I'm real proud of him.

First, I wanted to say all you guys have such beautiful setups. It's really inspiring and pushed me to keep working on mine. It's been a real process of changing things around several times. I am finally ready to show what it looks like so far. I hope you guys like it!

EPVEVaX.jpg

Those hardwoods make me hard.

Allforce

Thanks! Yeah, you're right. The big speaker combo is a new purchase and my aging ikea furniture is struggling with it. Need to fix it ASAP! :p

Thank you! I'm lucky to have a talented artist like my dad. The wall is simplistic but he doesn't get to work on stuff like this much anymore. This is a guy who used to work on the floats in the carnival of Rio de Janeiro. Anyway I'm real proud of him.

Am I wrong in guessing that your setup is in the basement? Very impressive looking, not many people go for hardwood floors in a basement but it's something I'd like to do down the line.

e90Mark

My main space
http://i.imgur.com/H2nCGbG.jpg[/img
Different angle
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EPVEVaX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VKjvDXe.jpg[/img
My PC gaming setup
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Sjk0iE.jpg[/img
My old-school gaming setup. All the signs were painted on the wall by my dad. Almost all of the signs were taken from [URL="http://www.redesignrevolution.com/minimalist-poster-designs-of-n64-games-by-timmy-burrows/"]Timmy Burrows[/URL] work.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/t3IubAR.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Okay, wow. This is absolutely gorgeous. What TV is that?

Rosur

Recently moved in my own place that I'm renting but instead of being in the bedroom my Consoles have their own space in my living room.

dFsIv8t.jpg

edit if needed I can re-size.

Being 21, and struggling with finding my own, this thread is giving me some life goals that I need to work toward. Just a little kick in the butt. There are some seriously gorgeous setups people have and I would like to have my own some day.

themindkillah

Neo Member
Those hardwoods make me hard.

me too! LOL

Am I wrong in guessing that your setup is in the basement? Very impressive looking, not many people go for hardwood floors in a basement but it's something I'd like to do down the line.

Oh yeah, my mancave was only allowed in the basement by the Mrs. I have been told my 11 month son will soon be able to wreak havoc in everything. Just as soon as he starts walking.

Okay, wow. This is absolutely gorgeous. What TV is that?

Thanks! It's a Panasonic Viera TCP60VT60.

Atlas157

Here's my setup. It's nothing special because I can't afford any fancy furniture so I'm just using an old PC desk for my TV. I'm planning to buy a new TV stand soon.

Pictured: Xbox 360 E, PS4, PS3, PS2, Wii U, and a Panasonic TC-L47E50.

YKFNNn7.jpg

I know the cable management is shitty. I'll work on that when I get the new stand.

Here's the bookshelf with all my games and stuff.

Edit: I wish I had an amazing setup like some of you guys. Being a college student without a job sucks. :(

Seik

Banned
Some of you guys have setups worthy of a freaking furniture catalog! :O

I need to step up my game and renew some of my stuff...

Kup

This is my first time posting in this thread, but I've been a long-time lurker. I couldn't resist posting as I just moved into my own place last week. These photos are of the Living Room and I have deliberately kept the style minimalist (needs a lick of paint still). I have a Games Room upstairs, which is purely for storage of games and hardware - but it's work in progress at the moment. I didn't want the Living Room to look like a Games Room, but it is the main place where I do my gaming.

Oxn

This is my first time posting in this thread, but I've been a long-time lurker. I couldn't resist posting as I just moved into my own place last week. These photos are of the Living Room and I have deliberately kept the style minimalist (needs a lick of paint still). I have a Games Room upstairs, which is purely for storage of games and hardware - but it's work in progress at the moment. I didn't want the Living Room to look like a Games Room, but it is the main place where I do my gaming.

Bonus cat (Evie) sitting on the gaming bean bag:

Where did you get that TV stand? Do they make a bigger version?

Im betting you're not from the States are you? Europe always have the nicer looking furnitures.

My main space
H2nCGbG.jpg

Different angle
EPVEVaX.jpg

VKjvDXe.jpg

My PC gaming setup
1Sjk0iE.jpg

My old-school gaming setup. All the signs were painted on the wall by my dad. Almost all of the signs were taken from Timmy Burrows work.
t3IubAR.jpg

I love this. Similar to my setup but overall a lot nicer. Looks so clean and comfy but no compromise on quality.

Kup

Where did you get that TV stand? Do they make a bigger version?

Im betting you're not from the States are you? Europe always have the nicer looking furnitures.

I'm in the UK, but I got it from Amazon. I didn't see a larger version - this was exactly the size I needed.

alext5

Neo Member
We finished our basement recently so we moved the home theater from the first floor to the basement :

h5EcDYi.jpg

We really need a new couch !

Bonus cat (Evie) sitting on the gaming bean bag:

Hey what TV is that? How is the picture and would you reccomend it?

Looks like a panasonic which i have been looking at.

Kup

Hey what TV is that? How is the picture and would you reccomend it?

Looks like a panasonic which i have been looking at.

It's a 50 inch Sony Bravia LED KDL-50W706B in Silver. I have always loved Sony TVs and they're especially good for gaming, in my opinion. The picture clarity is exceptional - I use the Game setting and had to make some personal adjustments to sharpness and disable some additional image processing until I was happy. Input lag is practically non-existent.

I have watched one or two Blu-rays on it this week and the Cinema setting hit the nail on the head for my tastes (no crushed blacks or ghosting either). It's also a Smart TV so I am able to use Amazon Instant Video and other catch-up TV services as well as Freeview for live TV channels in the UK.

I couldn't recommend it more, to be honest.

My PC gaming setup
1Sjk0iE.jpg
]
Where did you get that Shadow of the Colossus poster in the frame? Looks really awesome,would love one myself.

Although I had (and still have) some plans for the future, right now my setup is more or less the same as it was in December last year. So first off, I'll quote my post from last year's thread :):

Suur Tõll;93726933 said:
As far as I remember, I've never posted in a gaming setup thread before, but there's a first time for everything, so! This is my current living room setup. We recently moved into a bigger apartment and are still in the middle of the arduous process of ordering (custom) furniture, which is why the majority of gaming-related (and other) possessions is still (and might remain) in boxes somewhere in the corners or under the bed. I guess I will post a status update to next year's thread.

(Click for larger pictures.)

View from the couch.

Close-up of the computer table.

Finally, a peek inside the drawers of the TV stand. The top one houses some of my daughter's favorite DVDs and CDs, as well as some of my favorite box sets. The bottom one is for BluRays and PS3 games. The wireless XB360 controller is paired with the PC. There's also a DualShock 3 in there somewhere.

I have some hopeful future plans for the small space on top of the amp (on the top shelf of the TV stand), because it seems to be curiously WiiU-proportioned (coincidentally the only this-gen console I'm currently interested in). :) I also recognise that my current keyboard is maybe not optimal for games requiring manual dexterity (but is wonderfully handy for remotely manipulating XBMC controls from the couch). So there's room for improvement, but it's a nice problem to have.

The only recent development is that I installed new speaker stands and speaker cables, so now my setup looks like this:

pickups_2014_11_01_small.JPG

AsianOni

Here's my contribution before the end of the year, as I decided to clean up a little after the final exams. Sorry for the smartphone quality (yeah even though there's a lot of camera) and the dust/mess.

G5ceFgkl.jpg

My main desk with the PC

08GQRHil.jpg

Second desk where I usually put the laptop if I need it... and also everything else.

FxSqJgjl.jpg

I'm glad I only have the 360 from the past gen, because I already have no space left... (the 3DS games and my collector boxes are in various closets)

Soon to add somewhere : an XO.

Oxn

Here's my contribution before the end of the year, as I decided to clean up a little after the final exams. Sorry for the smartphone quality (yeah even though there's a lot of camera) and the dust/mess.

G5ceFgkl.jpg

My main desk with the PC

08GQRHil.jpg

Second desk where I usually put the laptop if I need it... and also everything else.

FxSqJgjl.jpg

I'm glad I only have the 360 from the past gen, because I already have no space left... (the 3DS games and my collector boxes are in various closets)

Soon to add somewhere : an XO.

We both got soundsticks

Mine is the Soundstick 3 though.

eso76

New chair, finally have a proper PC chair now.
20141222_160117.jpg

EDIT: removed, i missed your post in which you said you'd buy the chair i posted..

So, how are you liking it so far ?

(wait, where does one buy an okamura luce ? how much are those ? so beautiful, too bad they don't make them in orange :p)

(wait, where does one buy an okamura luce ? how much are those ?
I bought it from their local (Estonian) dealer, but their global site has a handy map that may be of some help (they also have a US-specific site).

As to the price, I believe it was somewhere in the vicinity of EUR 450 (approx. USD 550) (without the optional armrests). I would expect U.S. pricing to be considerably lower, as it is wont to be. Not the cheapest, but I regret nothing.

Maedre

Banned
My actual setup. 55" Sony KDL 805B with my Denon 1703. The speakers are two Nuberts. Nothing fancy but better than my old Loewe satellites.

Headphones are: Sony wireless something something and my beloved AKG 280.
Consoles are: PS3, PS4, Wii U and XBox One.
image8caop.jpg

Chriatmas Time

imagetwu4l.jpg

I'm personally looking forward to cleaning up the disaster that was Christmas and reorganizing my downstairs room. Got a couple new prints to frame which means I may as well re-do the whole setup!

deadlast

If I can get the blessings of glorious Leader
my wife
, I will be building an arcade cabinet to house my ps4 and a mame setup.

Top Bottom