• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

sikkinixx

^

Crazy collection! Really useful info in the video too. My brother in law has hit about 2000 DVDs and has been trying to cope with the increasing size. I'll pass along the video.

Fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to post this and create the video. It's always great to see people who are that passionate.

Also your wife seems incredibly understanding of your hobby which is very cool :)

i0L0fwk.png

JRsSFQU.png

Udt8O6j.png

My first proper gaming set up. Tried to keep it simple (and not too expensive) but also tried to add some style. The creative T3130 2.1 speakers sound amazing (placing the subwoofer behind the TV worked out pretty well).

MrNineties

My first proper gaming set up. Tried to keep it simple (and not too expensive) but also tried to add some style. The creative T3130 2.1 speakers sound amazing (placing the subwoofer behind the TV worked out pretty well).

Wonder if you have the name of that stand you're using? Looks quite nice. Love the white Slim too!

Dinjooh

I had to wait for months for the various parts to my setup (tv unit had to come from sweden, and that took ages), so i've been itching to post this for quite some time.

C46PdqP.jpg

hotandserious

Neo Member
01.jpg

Crazy collection! Really useful info in the video too. My brother in law has hit about 2000 DVDs and has been trying to cope with the increasing size. I'll pass along the video.

Thanks! If it is of any help at all, it'll have been all worthwhile!

Fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to post this and create the video. It's always great to see people who are that passionate.

Also your wife seems incredibly understanding of your hobby which is very cool :)

LOL - Yeah, I got lucky with her. She's a bit younger than I am and played consoles I missed out on. She had a Gameboy back in the day and aced the original Crash Bandicoot on PSX.

She's not really a "gamer" - but there are a handful of games that she plays obsessively when in the mood - Super Stardust HD, Pixeljunk Monsters, Resogun and all of the Ratchet and Clank games.

Impressive.

The DVD storage solution is super amazing.

Thanks entrement!

Chastten

Banned
While very, very impressive, I couldn't even imaging living with that in my living room. Not too mention it'd be a chaos when my nephews/nieces come over :p

I'd love having a mancave of some sorts with a collection like that though.

i0L0fwk.png

JRsSFQU.png

Udt8O6j.png

Two things;

A. What model LG is that? I almost bought the 47" 120hz model yesterday.

B. You need to fix your aspect ratio. You're losing some of the PS3 screen!

Wonder if you have the name of that stand you're using? Looks quite nice. Love the white Slim too!

I live in the Philippines so I'm not sure if you'll be able to buy it but I got from here.

Two things;

A. What model LG is that? I almost bought the 47" 120hz model yesterday.

B. You need to fix your aspect ratio. You're losing some of the PS3 screen!

A. The TV is LG 39 - LB5820.

B. Thanks for pointing it out! I managed to fix the aspect ratio.

otapnam

I had to wait for months for the various parts to my setup (tv unit had to come from sweden, and that took ages), so i've been itching to post this for quite some time.

C46PdqP.jpg

i like the height of the top shelf in the media console. kinda wish we got one with more space - i wont be able to place a receiver inside mine when i eventually get one. Really like the wooden top too !

Coda

I'll admit I have a bit of a wires everywhere scenario, but it's so hard when you have two setups and a bunch of consoles.

IMG_2510_zps78d9d1eb.jpg

IMG_2511_zps8cba0ec9.jpg

IMG_2513_zps0a7a43f7.jpg

Old school setup with Sony KV-13FS100 (which is a great 13 inch CRT for retro gaming and has a 3 line comb filter which makes the picture quite sharp and nice). Tiger approves. =b

IMG_2512_zps644bfaa4.jpg

Found this chest on the side of the road somewhere, it right away reminded me of a chest you'd find in a video game so I just snatched it and put my PS4 in it haha.

MrNineties

I'll admit I have a bit of a wires everywhere scenario, but it's so hard when you have two setups and a bunch of consoles.

Old school setup with Sony KV-13FS100 (which is a great 13 inch CRT for retro gaming and has a 3 line comb filter which makes the picture quite sharp and nice). Tiger approves. =b

Found this chest on the side of the road somewhere, it right away reminded me of a chest you'd find in a video game so I just snatched it and put my PS4 in it haha.

A white theme going. I like it!

Dinjooh

Am I the only one who has this urge to go to LUCKY n WILD's place to sort out those cables?

lol, 10/10

Great shots. It'd be great if people would also list what some of their furniture is and where they got it from like you would see in a catalog.

Tabris

I finally figured out what this is. It's the gaming setup of Ron Swanson if Ron Swanson gamed.

Great shots. It'd be great if people would also list what some of their furniture is and where they got it from like you would see in a catalog.

2 Barcelona Chairs
Eames Lounge Chair White
Aeron Chair - with optional back rest / ergonomic controls
Ikea Friel Entertainment Stand (No longer available)
Ikea Besta TV Stand with Doors (Lots of custom options with Besta, no direct link available)
Ikea TOFTERYD Coffee Table
Ikea Micke Desk
Jordan White Leather Bar Stool
Dyson Tower Fan

I don't know the name of my couch and can't find it on the furniture's website anymore.

Coda

Am I the only one who has this urge to go to LUCKY n WILD's place to sort out those cables?

lol, 10/10

:) A lot of those cables below are from me recently playing guitar with all my pedals. It's normally not as messy but still. I'm always shifting things so wires unfold over time always.

hotandserious

Neo Member
vg04.jpg

Wow, what an amazing collection! Thank you for sharing it with us!

I love these shelf units so much! Where did you get them?

Unfortunately they are long out of production IKEA nightstands / bedside tables that used to be very popular with a/v enthusiasts. They go by the name CORRAS. It might be possible to find them second hand...?

Josh5890

A lot of great set ups folks. I'm probably 2-3 years out from having my own house but the girlfriend has promised me the entire basement as my man cave if we end up getting a house together.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

C46PdqP.jpg
Have you ever thought about using the same molding that you have hiding the wires up to the TV for the speakers on either side instead of seeing the wire? I think it would look better.

IMG_2512_zps644bfaa4.jpg

I actually thought it was from an Uncharted collector's edition or something. I love it.

EDIT: Tabris put that you're in Vancouver in the OP. Every year it's the same thing with a bunch of new people asking where you are and yet you never do it.

Opt1kon_

Always love these threads.

Desperately need to upgrade my monitor - I know. Just not sure if I want to do 4K/Ultrawide/G-Sync/144Hz/etc.

12574845023_87f727a663_b.jpg

Desktop:
Little Devil PC-V7
RIVF IV
i7 3820 @ 4.6
EVGA Titan @ +100
16GB @ 2133
512 + 256 GB SSD
Blu-Ray
EK Waterblocks & Res

Laptop:
Late 2013 15" Retina Macbook Pro
i7 Haswell QC
512GB SSD
16GB
750M 2GB

15558594313_8e72100eba_b.jpg

15991077640_99a5c778ef_b.jpg

16177632252_fb3971503d_b.jpg

15992589237_56e3948018_b.jpg

... Anything prior to last-gen is in storage right now until I get a bigger place.

My Lord where'd you get that beautiful table from sweet baby jesus its lovely

Opt1kon_

jyzEKFE.jpg

I do BMX and play games, kind of miss the days of the old dave mirra bmx games on the ps1 hope they bring them back one day sorry for the double post as well and the ginormous photos, i use a DSLR and shoot in Fine

fr0XDO9.jpg

Dinjooh

Samsung 55", PS4 and a Bluray player. No room for a receiver unfortunately.
Ikea Hemnes TV Bench
Ikea Kivik Loveseat

sVji9Oj.jpg

Sofa looks comfy as fuck.

Have you ever thought about using the same molding that you have hiding the wires up to the TV for the speakers on either side instead of seeing the wire? I think it would look better.

I did play around with it a bit, yes. My conclusion was that the cable tray (molding?) that I used beneath my TV was simply too big for that one cord on each side, and it would take too much attention. Now the solution would be to buy some slim thin ones, but eh - I haven't seen any yet.

Oh and it's not my speakers!

lights9ns18.gif

Acrylic7

jyzEKFE.jpg

I do BMX and play games, kind of miss the days of the old dave mirra bmx games on the ps1 hope they bring them back one day sorry for the double post as well and the ginormous photos, i use a DSLR and shoot in Fine

fr0XDO9.jpg

Is that a custom PS4 or stickers?

One of my favorite threads :) I always love looking at people's setup and planning on what my new setup will be once I move out of my parent's house :3
Mine have not changed since last year :/ currently a poor grad student haha

e90Mark

Anybody have experience with those TV stands with a mount? Wall mounting isn't an option for me.

My new sound bar doesn't fit on my current TV stand with the TV on it. (Blocks the bottom of the TV)

rothgar

Love this thread too. We're moving into a new house, and my mind is going nuts thinking of how I am going to arrange the man cave. So many possibilities...

Bradach

Very nice unit. I'm a big fan of white units with wooden tops.

Any reason you mounted the TV so high though? I find it most comfortable to have the center of the screen at sitting down eye level.

Sean P.

Thanks! They are from Heco (Aleva TC). In my old flat I did not have that much space and I wanted something with a small footprint and good stereo sound... Do not know if you can get them outside of the EU though...

www.heco-audio.de

Sadly I don't think they are either. Those are really what I've been looking for though, maybe I can find something similar. Very jealous!

Dinjooh

Nice setups all around. Thought I might share mine too. Be kind...

Living room:

And some winter view as we had snow over the holidays...

Couple of things:

I fucking love your kitchen. The dark wood and the black boards with crayon makes the perfect mancave look, that combined with a very bright room makes it very pleasing to the eye.

The lamps that are hanging over your table, where are they from?

Very nice unit. I'm a big fan of white units with wooden tops.

Any reason you mounted the TV so high though? I find it most comfortable to have the center of the screen at sitting down eye level.

Hmm. I always found that the most comfortable height for viewing - I usually lie down on the couch, or sit in my relaxy chair when playing, so my head is almost tilted to look upwards.

The TV is exclusively for playing games (neither me nor my girlfriend watches TV) so it's pretty much placed based on my gaming preferences.

I love subscribing to these threads, such an inspiration for setups and living spaces.

Mine's been constantly changing the last few months, all for the better. Certainly not gonna be a flashy set up, but I look forward to posting pics of what I started with up to what it'll be soon and the different phases in between.

And for those who don't feel like their setups aren't "good enough" to post here, that's bullshit, post it up anyways. This thread isn't just for the rich folks.

Everyone's got different situations going on, and I think this thread wouldn't be as interesting if we only had MTV-Cribs-Level setups.

I love seeing budget-conscience setups from the average joe, it's an art working with what you got.

Coda

Glad you guys enjoy that chest, I figured people would get a kick out of that.

Also, I had to do some proper cleaning and re-do a photo of the whole room for you all. :)

IMG_2515_zpseb2ffd0c.jpg

Tabris

So there has been an insane amount of fog in Vancouver over last couple of days. What makes it very creepy at my place is you can only see the W sign and nothing else:

3BoLXkR.jpg

Bonk

Couple of things:

I fucking love your kitchen. The dark wood and the black boards with crayon makes the perfect mancave look, that combined with a very bright room makes it very pleasing to the eye.

The lamps that are hanging over your table, where are they from?

I mostly have to thank our landlord for the kitchen. I think it was intended as his man cave originally..

The lamp is momo from http://www.sottoluce.com/

Top Bottom