• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

Mystic654

Just picked up my New Samsung 4k SUHD TV.

54MjAR4.jpg

mr stroke

Switched monitors from last year

PC room-

27" Acer Predator XB270HU & 40" 4k Philips BDM4065UC

C5fkQJpl.jpg

Theater/Console room-

w/Panasonic AE7000 and 106" Elite screen
FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

mr stroke

It's a 55EC9300 so 1080p but to be honest I only have a Wii U and PS4 connected to it, and I stream Netflix, so a 4k Oled would have been completely wasted on me as all the content would just be upscaled.

The input lag on the 4k Oleds is still quite high too, whereas in PC mode I get about 35ms input lag which is ok.

Really happy with it though, never fails to impress me.

dang, now I got OLED lust :|

I really would like to use that 55" for a PC monitor, but 1080p at 55" is too low of a resolution at that size, but damn if the colors don't look incredible :eek:

Unfortunately, still the same as 2015. I did just take delivery of a Xbox One today, but it's back at my desk for a bit.

My setup has been fairly static for about five years now.

14422082852_3852c4e98d_c.jpg

Panny P42X1 plasma, Roku 3, Comcast HD converter box

Dreamcast/Wii U Deluxe, Magnavox DVD player (phasing out), Denon AVR-X2000 (new)

Saturn

Xbox 360 S w/ HD-DVD, (not pictured) PS3 60GB

(slightly pictured) JVC 5.1 system, DD-WRT WRT54G for repeater bridge purposes

In the cabinet are the Blus and HDs, and games for all systems

I am in the process of designing a whole new living room from scratch. I haven't decided if I'll be building the seating, but I'm building all the hardscapes in the room - component storage, media storage, tables, other storage. I am leaning cherry Arts/Crafts or Greene & Greene for the seating, and high-gloss white Shaker-style cabinets for the components. In fact I am taking measurements tonight to load into Sketchup this week. Wife and I are going back and forth over what we like - she would like everything hidden, I am advocating some stuff out for airflow purposes.

Something I've been struggling with is a way to neatly charge the controllers and store the accessories. I missed out on the low-profile PS3 charger.

Still WIP ( 80 % done though) ...

Close-up available if requested.

Man Cave / Office / Retro :

3ijeR0P.jpg

PLQMxyJ.jpg

sdHrHgk.jpg

sLrNxeT.jpg

Living Room / Entertainment Center / Current Gen :

OTpweZO.jpg

yhXELf3.jpg

UCt3dvY.jpg

6480Bia.jpg

turbocat

Love this thread.

My main gaming spaces (living room, bedroom) are nothing special, but we just got finished redoing our office. Yet again, nothing too special, but we love it thus far. Far side is mine, which will likely change soon if I end up actually building the new PC that I'm considering.

Matt704

Neo Member

AMD FX-6300
Sapphire Radeon R7 260X
8GB RAM
CM Storm Keyboard & Mouse
ASUS 23.6" Monitor

Xbox One
Astro A40 Headset w/ Mixamp

eXistor

Love this thread.

My main gaming spaces (living room, bedroom) are nothing special, but we just got finished redoing our office. Yet again, nothing too special, but we love it thus far. Far side is mine, which will likely change soon if I end up actually building the new PC that I'm considering.

Your cat is awesome!

My small setup:: I've got 2 small children and 1 large tv so its a case of as much power as I can, but hidden from tiny hands! Also really like the DIY approach so there's lots of homebrew Vesa mounts and knocked together cases:

42" LCD, PS4 and, eughhh, shitty cablebox

4SuBKEF.jpg

Then hidden behind the TV: My gaming PC (4690k, GTX 970) and a 2012 Mac Mini which acts as a quiet, low power HTPC

Zs7EoZZ.jpg

Then my recent addition, 3TB media server running off a raspberry pi b+, in a childrens shoebox, all squared away under the stairs. Probably the cheapest thing I've put together but also one of the most fun things I've done!

drpStjQ.jpg

ZI8RG1V.jpg

You cant really see it but the Pi and HDDs are sitting on a rack made of Lego. It's not just for kids!

shanafan

Then my recent addition, 3TB media server running off a raspberry pi b+, in a childrens shoebox, all squared away under the stairs. Probably the cheapest thing I've put together but also one of the most fun things I've done!

LFGyjH7.jpg

ZI8RG1V.jpg

You cant really see it but the Pi and HDDs are sitting on a rack made of Lego. It's not just for kids!

I love it! How do you use the Raspberry? Do you use Plex on your PS4, or just stream through your computer?

I love it! How do you use the Raspberry? Do you use Plex on your PS4, or just stream through your computer?

Pi is set up as an SMB share, so I have Kodi running on the Mac Mini behind the TV and also on my Laptop and various tablets. They all access it as a windows network share, nice and simple. That way I can manage it entirely from any windows computer and it remains fully headless. It's connected using Powerline plugs as well, so its much quicker streaming overall.

luoapp

Been watching this thread for years, finally feel like I have a setup worth posting! (Eagle eyed viewers might notice something on the bookshelves)

Very nice and clean setup, I like it. But I have to ask, 1) where are all the consoles? 2) WHY THE TV IS NOT CENTERED? /OCD

ajcacio

Banned
Very nice and clean setup, I like it. But I have to ask, 1) where are all the consoles? 2) WHY THE TV IS NOT CENTERED? /OCD

Ha the Playstation is hidden in the white media console. And the enormous cable box won't fit in there so I had to put it on top. Once I get some new cables, I'll put it down in the empty space on the left and center the TV!

Nice setup! Where's your office chair from? It looks comfortable.
Thank you. Still working on it a bit with some art and other accessories.

The chair is from Scandinavian Designs.

This is magnificent and I adore the VF5 and Sega love.
Tons of awesome stuff like the Bayo 2 OST and VO4 Memorial Box spotted as well.

Such a sharp eye for treasures :) and glad to see the passion recognized. Will do a close up on the OST and other rarities soon.

SinSilla

Has been a while since posting my setup, moved in the meantime so here is my new place.

wZWNkh7h.jpg

32FIBMih.jpg

m7wFz5eh.jpg

First of all excuse the poor quality of the desk shot, took that with my mobile and well, didn't tidy up. Whatever.

I do game primarily at my desk but i have my PC hooked up to my 60" TV as well.

In case anyone is wondering why my center channel is placed so low, that actually is my subwoofer.

epik

Here's my setup .. much hasn't changed on the TV / Media side..but a ton has changed on the PC side with a new desk and all.

Might dabble into some custom led lighting and possible a monitor wall mount so create extra desk space.

Ig6aZus.jpg

sHSsMz5.jpg

Has been a while since posting my setup, moved in the meantime so here is my new place.

http://i.imgur.com/wZWNkh7h.jpg[/mg]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/32FIBMih.jpg[/]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/m7wFz5eh.jpg[/]

First of all excuse the poor quality of the desk shot, took that with my mobile and well, didn't tidy up. Whatever.

In case anyone is wondering why my center channel is placed so low, that actually is my subwoofer.[/QUOTE]

I'm more interested why you put the phone up front.

SinSilla

I'm more interested why you put the phone up front.

Well, because it just sits there for charging anyway and my splitter is right behind the right speaker. It was the most logical and practical place to put it. (It got no wires you know)

Is something wrong with that? You can't imagine how confused i am by that question.

I'm in germany if that matters, i think most americans have them hanging on the kitchen wall or some other weird place no? Lol

SinSilla

What keyboard are you using? kinda looks like a K830

The k830 and similar wireless Keyboards bend like crazy just lifting them up. Was too flimsy for me because the keyboard is in reach of my daughter. Its a Rapoo E9090p with Aluminium body.

Has its own flaws though, like high frequency noise during charging and it sometimes misses keystrokes. I like it overall.

Qasiel

I love your setup SinSilla. I've been eyeing a Malm desk in white for my home office for a while but I think your picture seals the deal and I might grab one this month. Went onto the Ikea website today and they have a sale starting next week, so I might wait and see then.

SinSilla

I love your setup SinSilla. I've been eyeing a Malm desk in white for my home office for a while but I think your picture seals the deal and I might grab one this month. Went onto the Ikea website today and they have a sale starting next week, so I might wait and see then.

You can say what you want about Ikea furniture, but the malm series is a great affordable series. Me and my wife left Ikea that day with 350kg of furniture (you can See some of the other malm stuff on the second pic). The memory alone hurts my back.

Heysoos

You can say what you want about Ikea furniture, but the malm series is a great affordable series. Me and my wife left Ikea that day with 350kg of furniture (you can See some of the other malm stuff on the second pic). The memory alone hurts my back.

I always end up liking desks from Ikea, but the closest one to me is north of Austin which would make it roughly a 6 hour drive for me. And their online shipping is stupid expensive. :(

Arttemis

Soon, I'll be participating in this thread for the first time!

Just upgraded to a Sony 55" W800B TV, and this morning I pulled the trigger on a Denon S700W receiver... Now I'm just waiting to find a sub-$200 set of Monoprice 10565 5.1 speakers. A few months ago, I got an Ikea Lappland entertainment center, and within the month, I'll be buying a matching Kallax 3-column shelf to go right beside it.

Here's a bad phone pic of the current entertainment center set-up with the TV unmounted and no external speakers:

Laundry list of what to come (hopefully) within the month:
Ikea Kallax 3 column shlef
Denon AVR-S700W A/V receiver
Monoprice 10565 5.1 speakers
Furman 15 amp power conditioner
(Wii U?)

FaintDeftone

I don't have a picture of my main entertainment center but here is my computer desk that I purchased and built recently along with my gaming PC and a bunch of gaming memorabilia:

8FO9sBI.jpg

e90Mark

wZWNkh7h.jpg

In case anyone is wondering why my center channel is placed so low, that actually is my subwoofer.

This shot right here is pure room pron.

As others have requested, still love to see how all your controllers, chargers and other accessories are stored on a regular basis. Not really a big deal if you only have a controller per system, but when you have 3-4 per system, plus all the assorted other stuff.

I'm making a cabinet to hold everything, and I'm trying to find the best solution to charging right now. The quad chargers seem the best option, but Xbox ones are harder to find.

Top Bottom