• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

SinSilla

I just recently upgraded my screen to a 34" curved model. So this is my desk setup right now.

nzEAuzn.jpg

Its in the same room as my big screen Setup, so its usually a tough choice where to game. :)

MHjPKxOh.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
I just recently upgraded my screen to a 34" curved model. So this is my desk setup right now.

nzEAuzn.jpg

Its in the same room as my big screen Setup, so its usually a tough choice where to game. :)

MHjPKxOh.jpg

I love your setups. Beautiful hardwood floors, no clutter. Something to aspire to.

Robiin

New table showed up a few days ago, which "completed" our living/gaming space. Because we have a tiny apartment, we wanted a table that could be elevated when we want to eat, almost all regular sofa tables are way too low in my opinion. So we found this beautiful oak one with an electric elevator. More expensive than we woul have liked, but it's an investment I guess. Oiled it up and it's ready to rock.

As I said, small apartment so we have tried to do the best with what we got to work with. A soundbar because we don't have the space for a surround system, a 46'' Samsung TV because it's what will fit between our vitrine cabinet and wall, and the couch fits perfectly along the wall between the TV and the door to the balcony.

Also we turned our only storage room into a media closet. Because we don't have any shelves or anything anywhere else here is where all of our games, movies and books lie. Three walls covered with shelves up to the ceiling.

As I said, small apartment so we have tried to do the best with what we got to work with. A soundbar because we don't have the space for a surround system, a 46'' Samsung TV because it's what will fit between our vitrine cabinet and wall, and the couch fits perfectly along the wall between the TV and the door to the balcony.

What TV is that? I'm in love with the non existent bezels!

SinSilla

Man those white speakers, I dare not ask how much they cost I'm betting more than my full setup haha.

Oh, the Speakers are a cheap little gem. Those are Epos Epic 2. Got them for 600€. I love them so much though that i designed my own stands and they got a new Piano finish and terminal. The Stands and PaintShop add about 2500€ to the total cost (more than 100hours of work).

Here is an before/after.

hktsmq2h.jpg

Oh, the Speakers are a cheap little gem. Those are Epos Epic 2. Got them for 600€. I love them so much though that i designed my own stands and they got a new Piano finish and terminal. The Stands and PaintShop add about 2500€ to the total cost (more than 100hours of work).

Here is an before/after.

hktsmq2h.jpg

Did you do the piano finish yourself? If so I would love a small tutorial on how to do it since you appear to have done a fantastic job!

Celcius

°Temp. member

nzEAuzn.jpg

MHjPKxOh.jpg

Amazing, the speaker stands make the room look 10x expensive haha. I'm just disappointed that they can't be bought

Fitts

Here is an before/after.

hktsmq2h.jpg

This is awesome! Very unique... first pair of white speakers I've liked and don't think look garish. And good job not overdoing the white in your HT setup/space. Very elegant.

Vipu

Banned
My new PC. specs below.
DIxS00f.jpg

9fheOKv.jpg

i7-6700K (4.5Ghz)
Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2400 (can OC to 3200 if needed)
MSI Z170A G43 Plus
MSI GTX 1070 8GB (2050/4120)
Samsung 1TB 850 Evo SSD
EVGA Supernova 750W G2
Fractal Design Define S

BenQ RL2455HM 24" 1080p 60Hz monitor
Corsair K65 Mechanical Keyboard
Gigabyte M6900 mouse
Creative T20 Series II speakers
Wired Xbox 360 controller
WD 250GB back up HDD
Malm (pull out) Desk from Ikea.

Nice specs BUT dont you think its time to upgrade that screen?
Its so bad compared to rest of your setup.

Vipu

Banned
These are Basotect Absorbers, i have a couple more installed in the room. They are used to optimize room Acoustics/reverb.

You can see them in the setup posted before mine as well.

How much those costed and from where did you get them?
I have been thinking to get some acoustic panels next to TV etc that looks good but dont know where can I start looking.

Hip Hop

Finally upgraded my PC to a GTX 970, so I have to post my setup now.

GKMfAS3.jpg

8NgiIxU.jpg

u6F9pP0.jpg

3tAsff3.jpg

PC:
Corsair Air 540 Case
GTX 970
i5 3570k
Xbox One Controller
Logitech G710 Keyboard
Logitech G502 Mouse
MONITORS:
Asus VG248QE with wall-mounted ASUS VS247H-P on the sides.
HEADPHONES:
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Phillips SHP9500 with V-Moda BoomPro Mic
SPEAKERS:
JBL LSR305
MISC:
Oxygen 49 Keyboard
Akai MPD26

Chittagong

Gold Member
Couple of new fresh progress pics. We are about 3 months out now.

Back of lounge and breakfast terrace shaping up. A couple of rolls of kitchen materials on the floor.

RS0XWYY.jpg

View from lounge to snug area. Snug will have a smaller 4K Sony TV hooked up to Analogue NT, Apple TV and Amazon TV. It'll also be my headphone corner, Schiit Ragnarok & Yggdrasil hooked up to a pair of HiFIMAN HE-1000, fed from Tidal via Autonomic Mirage over a Crestron network.

GrzOxE8.jpg

Buttons

That apartment looks amazing, I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

I'd love an apartment with a view like that, simply stunning. :)

Back of lounge and breakfast terrace shaping up. A couple of rolls of kitchen materials on the floor.

RS0XWYY.jpg

View from lounge to snug area. Snug will have a smaller 4K Sony TV hooked up to Analogue NT, Apple TV and Amazon TV. It'll also be my headphone corner, Schiit Ragnarok & Yggdrasil hooked up to a pair of HiFIMAN HE-1000, fed from Tidal via Autonomic Mirage over a Crestron network.

GrzOxE8.jpg

Man, that looks very nice! What City is that?

Chittagong

Gold Member
That apartment looks amazing, I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

I'd love an apartment with a view like that, simply stunning. :)

Thanks! Having seen a parking lot from my two previous flats for the last 7 years, I wanted a view this time. Has been a long process to get there as I have pretty specific AV and style requirements, and this being the first flat I hired people to do the interiors for (too busy at work to do myself).

Man, that looks very nice! What City is that?

Thanks! London City :)

TBiddy

Jesus, that looks amazing Chittagong. Do you need a new best friend? I can cook and will listen to whatever music you decide to put on!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jesus, that looks amazing Chittagong. Do you need a new best friend? I can cook and will listen to whatever music you decide to put on!

Haha, thanks! Truth to be told the only downside with a flat like this is that you can't really share the excitement with friends, as they'll inevitably think you are a bragging dick. So we are laying low, aside from anonymous places like GAF

RS0XWYY.jpg

GrzOxE8.jpg

So i also live in London, and if you bought a place, that has that view, you have more money than god.

Well done sir. Looking forward to see what you do with that space.

Nice to see other London GAF users too.

TBiddy

Haha, thanks! Truth to be told the only downside with a flat like this is that you can't really share the excitement with friends, as they'll inevitably think you are a bragging dick. So we are laying low, aside from anonymous places like GAF

When you got a place like that, it's okay to brag. But I did not expect that the Law of Jante was actually a thing, outside of Scandinavia.

RS0XWYY.jpg

GrzOxE8.jpg
Nice gaming setup! I can totally envision it.

Just get some wealthier friends. Simple.

SCB3

dA28sOi.jpg

Full Area

IJnCwoW.jpg

Slowly getting there I think

PC Specs:
AMD FX-6300 Black - Overclocked to 4.3ghz
ASUS M5A97 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 950 Strix (soon to be a 1070/80)
12gb Corsair vengeance RAM
3 Western Digital Blue 2tb HDDs
250gb Sandisk SSD
750w PSU
Zalman Z9 Plus case
Now need to sort out the wires a bit more before I start updating some more stuff (Especially the Monitor)

Reallink

Here is an before/after.

hktsmq2h.jpg

Out of curiosity, why did you not just dump the full 3100Euro's into a nice pair of white towers? Hidden gem or not, surely that's enough to have bought much better sound quality and high end aesthetics to boot.

For the US, anyone have any advice on where to get good media storage bookcases? I seem to be struggling to find anything too big to put games and movies I have in. IKEA seems to have some stuff but most others seem to have small stuff.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

RS0XWYY.jpg

GrzOxE8.jpg

I'm sorry but...

THAT VIEW IS FUCKING AMAZING!!

SinSilla

Out of curiosity, why did you not just dump the full 3100Euro's into a nice pair of white towers? Hidden gem or not, surely that's enough to have bought much better sound quality and high end aesthetics to boot.

Primarily, because I didn't have to pay as much. (Just Materials and a large donation to his seawater fishtank). It's just what they are worth. My father in law works as a master Carpenter and we made this "our" project. Thats why it carries the silver plate with our names on it.

For 3000€ Cash i sure as hell would have bought different Speakers.

Top Bottom