• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

2017 setup - Full HD Projector + PS4 Pro + PSVR combo. No 4K HDR projector yet.

[ig]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/300/32599458730_d44ead4ac7_h.jpg[/img]

[mg]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/764/32599458400_74d6b2194f_h.jpg[/img]

Is that stuff directly on top of your receiver? How does it not melt?

Josh5890

Maybe someone here can help. I have a small computer desk with a couple compartments. In it I have a power strip, router, Steam Link, Playstation TV, and an HDMI Switch. I would like to get the smaller items hanging up on the side of the cabinet. My main thing is that I don't want to attach anything to the devices that I cannot easily take off down the road. Any ideas or suggestions?

I apologize for the crappy photo. I'm still working on lighting in the room.

SrHCxOhm.jpg

Maybe someone here can help. I have a small computer desk with a couple compartments. In it I have a power strip, router, Steam Link, Playstation TV, and an HDMI Switch. I would like to get the smaller items hanging up on the side of the cabinet. My main thing is that I don't want to attach anything to the devices that I cannot easily take off down the road. Any ideas or suggestions?

I apologize for the crappy photo. I'm still working on lighting in the room.

SrHCxOhm.jpg
Personally, I just use black tape to hang up switches and stuff to the sides of my cabinet, but I understand not everybody will be down with that.

You can get these adhesive strips with heavy duty velcro on one side. They would work great and allow you to remove them easily.

090528-hangingstrip.jpg

They are easy to take off when you are done with them.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So, I'm looking for a good AV rack that I can put my receiver, amp, BD player, consoles, etc. on in my main setup. Not a credenza or anything -- like an actual rack that has space for larger components, and that's nice. Don't really care about the price. Any suggestions?

Bookman

Gaming room. This is not our living room, its a small extra room for gaming and Netflix. There is actually a extra bed and a bike (?) In there.

8CHhZ

Edit: sorry, can't get the images to work, hope imgur link is ok and not banneble?

Gaming room. This is not our living room, its a small extra room for gaming and Netflix. There is actually a extra bed and a bike (?) In there.

8CHhZ

Edit: sorry, can't get the images to work, hope imgur link is ok and not banneble?

You need to link to the image itself, not the gallery. Use the direct link in the img tags or copy the BBCode direct from Imgur.

kanuuna

This one's definitely my biggest upgrade in a while, and I probably won't be upgrading a whole lot else until I get better space for any additions. I'm looking to get a new subwoofer to go with this set soon, but here's my new setup.

The TV is 'old'. It's a Panasonic plasma (ZT60) from 2013. I had previously had it on a stand, now it's mounted on the wall. Worked out better than I thought with the tilt adjustment.

oloh1.jpg

The back. I changed sofas with someone, and this one's way smaller than my last one. If no one else is around, the swivel chair is the best spot to sit.
oloh2.jpg

Speakers: These are the big upgrade. I will admit to having taken a page from Chittagong's setup. I had hoped to move up a step from my previous Genelecs (5x 8020B), and I had considered upgrading to a mix of 8040Bs (Left, Right, Center) and 8030Bs (Surround L/R), but in the end I ended up going an extra mile. Three 8351A speakers now play the LCR channels, while two Genelec 8340As for surround sound complete the 5.1 setup. The wall mounts for the front speakers are as big as my old speakers themselves. The sound is terrific, and they've not even been adjusted using the speaker manufacturer's speaker management software (GLM) yet - that should happen some time this week.

The consoles (PS4 Pro, PS3) that I have hooked up here are hidden away in the TV storage unit. A Sonos Connect and Pro-Ject carbon stand on top for music.

oloh7.jpg

On the PC side, things haven't moved around as much. There's a rather new 16:9 monitor set vertically to compliment the ultrawide monitor that I use as my main display, but other than nothing's changed. I would like to upgrade to 1080 Ti this year (from a regular 980), but whether or not that's something I end up jumping on is another story.

oloh8.jpg

I might take new pictures once I have a new subwoofer in place.

lem0n

This one's definitely my biggest upgrade in a while, and I probably won't be upgrading a whole lot else until I get better space for any additions. I'm looking to get a new subwoofer to go with this set soon, but here's my new setup.

The TV is 'old'. It's a Panasonic plasma (ZT60) from 2013. I had previously had it on a stand, now it's mounted on the wall. Worked out better than I thought with the tilt adjustment.

oloh1.jpg

The back. I changed sofas with someone, and this one's way smaller than my last one. If no one else is around, the swivel chair is the best spot to sit.
oloh2.jpg

Speakers: These are the big upgrade. I will admit to having taken a page from Chittagong's setup. I had hoped to move up a step from my previous Genelecs (5x 8020B), and I had considered upgrading to a mix of 8040Bs (Left, Right, Center) and 8030Bs (Surround L/R), but in the end I ended up going an extra mile. Three 8351A speakers now play the LCR channels, while two Genelec 8340As for surround sound complete the 5.1 setup. The wall mounts for the front speakers are as big as my old speakers themselves. The sound is terrific, and they've not even been adjusted using the speaker manufacturer's speaker management software (GLM) yet - that should happen some time this week.

The consoles (PS4 Pro, PS3) that I have hooked up here are hidden away in the TV storage unit. A Sonos Connect and Pro-Ject carbon stand on top for music.

oloh7.jpg

On the PC side, things haven't moved around as much. There's a rather new 16:9 monitor set vertically to compliment the ultrawide monitor that I use as my main display, but other than nothing's changed. I would like to upgrade to 1080 Ti this year (from a regular 980), but whether or not that's something I end up jumping on is another story.

oloh8.jpg

You've got great taste. Love it all!

Chittagong

Gold Member

oloh1.jpg

oloh2.jpg

Oh man, you made such a great choice. The 8351s are such a massive step up from the 8040s that I could never go back. They are so powerful, and go so low that you don't need a subwoofer. They are truly another world. Beautiful setup around them too!

Here's my setup

vY5B6h.jpg

LG 43UH60 TV With a Sony Soundbar

Upgraded to a 4k Setup
Systems pictured:
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4 Pro
XB1 S
XB360
Xbox
Wii
Dreamcast
SNES
Genesis 2
Yobo NES Clone
Retron 5

Xe1WnY.jpg

Sony Wega Hi-Scan KV-32HS420

Ye Olde CRT HDTV

Systems Pictured:
PS2 Slim
N64
PSTV

o2v3Iv.jpg

PC An old AMD A4 With a Geforce GTX 750Ti with an Asus MG42U 4K Monitor (Kinda overkill but still)

Celcius

°Temp. member

Amazing setup, what are your pc specs?

kanuuna

^^^ Thanks!

Amazing setup, what are your pc specs?

The PC is from 2015 (upgraded specifically to a PC that could run The Witcher 3 with the ultrawide monitor I got to go with it). Specs look like this:

Case: NZXT H440
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 (Stock)
CPU: Intel i7-4970K (Stock)
PSU: Corsair CX Series 850W
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
HDD: Samsung Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD + Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black

Monitors are Dell U3451W (3440x1440) & UP2716D (2560x1440). For audio, I use HiFiMAN HE-500 headphones with an Audinst HUD-MX2 DAC. No speakers hooked up to it at present.

Brandson

So I just got this exact desk for my kitchen pc setup, paired with a Herman Miller Sayl chair. It is really stunning in person, and has solved all of my cable management issues in that spot. The tabletop is thick solid white oak, and feels quite substantial. I strapped an Anker power strip to the metal frame as shown in this photo. That might even be a picture of the Anker unit I got as they look pretty much identical. I also strapped a usb/spdif converter to the frame, which was previously sitting on top of my DAC. Thinking of replacing my ATX-sized tower pc in that space with a next gen Intel Skull Canyon NUC when it gets released later this year, which I may also be able to mount to the frame to hide it. Pics will come later on once I finish up a few other wall-mounting tasks in that space, but just wanted to give this desk my thumbs up. My wife didn't think much of it in web photos when I showed it to her before ordering, but in person she is stunned by how good it looks and works.

Moved into a new house about a year and a half ago and I'm finally getting around to updating my office/home theater room.

First upgrade was to a 2016 Vizio M65 and a new stand for it.
Also included:
PS3
PS4
Wii that's not hooked up
Onkyo SR-608
Polk Monitor 70s and Monitor CS2 for the centers and a pair of Sony SS-B3000s for the surrounds.

My desk is a disaster at the moment, but the plan is to build a shelf along the wall behind it to get the speakers above the monitors, and replace the desk with a build in desk that goes across the whole area. Then I'll do some sorely needed cable management.

For the desk, I've got a cheap ASUS 24" 1080p monitor from 2010 and a new Dell U2715H 27" 1440p monitor. They are hooked up to a PC I build in 2009 that needs to be updated, but still works and my 2012 Macbook Air, that's in about the same state as the desktop.

For speakers I have a pair of Pioneer SP-BS22s on a Yamaha R-S201 stereo receiver.

Bonus: Barley the 8 month old chocolate lab that lets me know when I've been sitting at my computer too long and need to give her more attention.

harz-marz

Great setups!!

Can anyone recommend a good place in the UK or online to get a stylish, affordable office chair?

Thanks!!

gagecube

Banned
52XoLtQ

IOA0E3k

It's not much but it gets the job done. I just got the Samsung 4K TV a few days ago to play the PS4 Pro on and in the second picture I sacrificed my dining room table to become a desk for the PC I built a few weeks ago. It's modest but I love it. Plus, there's always room for improvement

Dereck

Personally, I just use black tape to hang up switches and stuff to the sides of my cabinet, but I understand not everybody will be down with that.

You can get these adhesive strips with heavy duty velcro on one side. They would work great and allow you to remove them easily.

090528-hangingstrip.jpg

They are easy to take off when you are done with them.
Oh my god thank you

I'm a single guy, but as I usually have my 3 children living with me it's still very much a family home. Therefore, I didn't want to go full bachelor pad, hence no neon lights or poster art. It's just steely greys and clean whites with natural oaks and leathers.

C6COYnJWUAE3qqW

Most of my gaming is done on a 50" Panasonic 4K. Currently have my PS4 Pro & PSVR, Wii U and Xbox 360 hooked up full time.

C6COrOOXEAA2aQ6

I also have an Optoma Full HD 3D projector with an 84" screen for movies and big-screen gaming. Great for 4 player split screen games with mates.

C6CQdgaWYAAnsxq

The Projector in action.

C6CRJRTWYAECweu

Sound comes via the Yamaha 5.1 system.

My current library is stored in here, with my PS Moves and Wii U gamepad docked and ready to go at all times. There's a second cabinet in the dining room housing more games and accessories.

C6COuz7XEAMBoHD

I also have a good number of retro systems boxed up about the place that come out for occasional airings.

Squarehard

I wish my gaming setup is nice, but only thing interesting is my collection.

I'll get around to posting that tomorrow, but man, some of these set ups making me jelly. T___T

sw26

Love the thread as always. I have been meaning to post my setup for a while now. Long story short my setup is the result of ~3 years of work, as I moved in to a flat in late 2013 which required significant renovations and I only finally got this finished mid-2016 (as various other rooms were higher priority and I'm a procrastinator).

Before (day I got the keys):

After:

Closeup view of the setup:

- 50" Sony 1080p TV and Soundbar on top shelf
- PS3 Slim V1,Virgin Media (cable) box and Dualshock 4 charging dock on the middle shelf. Because I need some way in my life to play Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear Solid 1 through 4 at any given time.
- OG PS4, Playstation Headphones and Sub on the bottom shelf. I considered a proper surround setup but given I have shared walls and aren't much of an audiophile in any event I went for a soundbar setup which works fine for me.

My mediocre attempt at cable management. Looks ok from the front which is all I care about pretty much.

My entire physical video game collection. There is a lot more where that came from digitally, but I like to keep it lean having 'recovered' from a pretty bad hoarding phase a number of years ago when I had 200+ games across 7 or 8 systems. Ebay proceeds from that phase probably paid for most of the setup which is nice.

Not pictured - my PC (read: Football Manager) setup in another room comprising a basic dual monitor deal.

Oxn

Love the thread as always. I have been meaning to post my setup for a while now. Long story short my setup is the result of ~3 years of work, as I moved in to a flat in late 2013 which required significant renovations and I only finally got this finished mid-2016 (as various other rooms were higher priority and I'm a procrastinator).

Before (day I got the keys):

After:

Closeup view of the setup:

- 50" Sony 1080p TV and Soundbar on top shelf
- PS3 Slim V1,Virgin Media (cable) box and Dualshock 4 charging dock on the middle shelf. Because I need some way in my life to play Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear Solid 1 through 4 at any given time.
- OG PS4, Playstation Headphones and Sub on the bottom shelf. I considered a proper surround setup but given I have shared walls and aren't much of an audiophile in any event I went for a soundbar setup which works fine for me.

My mediocre attempt at cable management. Looks ok from the front which is all I care about pretty much.

My entire physical video game collection. There is a lot more where that came from digitally, but I like to keep it lean having 'recovered' from a pretty bad hoarding phase a number of years ago when I had 200+ games across 7 or 8 systems. Ebay proceeds from that phase probably paid for most of the setup which is nice.

Not pictured - my PC (read: Football Manager) setup in another room comprising a basic dual monitor deal.

I love that coffee table.

WHERE?????

Not the greatest but it gets me through until I have a larger room and I can tear up the ceilings and walls lol

9487A68E-F3DF-402D-9110-F45FC29A4B87_zpsgytrnbsh.jpg

C0917089-E158-4ACB-8C52-886B9E436088_zpsy49lvws7.jpg

326AA185-FCD7-4150-80ED-B3328E0E8379_zpsxfx3vd1k.jpg

9398779C-B15C-4D72-85BD-7BF2E5B23DFF_zpsp9xuebbi.jpg

74DA395C-E7FD-47EA-A5C5-3DA4799B0BD0_zpsbmyis8cq.jpg

79AB24DC-74B4-4A1D-AD4A-E61C8C910E13_zpscnlpn9ki.jpg

The finish on the Paradigm's when they catch light
A989784B-CCC2-4B9E-9F30-4DC82610C9EF_zpssof2a6qd.jpg

7BF3C76E-3CFB-4D94-B41D-FFA5C5A56706_zpsz6m8eful.jpg

177BE52C-394E-4AD4-912B-D49CB8013A16_zpsh4kzafot.jpg

C39B50C8-89D1-41FC-BD62-8FC7C05C4BEE_zps6l2j1i3u.jpg

Living Room Set Up
LG 65E6P
Anthem MRX 1120
Panamax M5300PM
Oppo UDP203
PS4 Pro
Xbox One S
Switch
Apple TV (gen 4)
Harmony Elite
Paradigm Prestige 85F (midnight cherry) (fronts)
Paradigm Prestige 45C (midnight cherry) (center)
DefTech Mythos Gem XL (side surrounds and back channels)
SVS Prime Elevation (front heights and rear heights)
SVS SB12

Having full 7.1.4 is pretty nice. Cannot wait to get in a place where I can open up the walls and ceiling and get a bigger sub lol

Seth

anyone have a recommendation on a bookcase or something good for storing games for the current consoles? Id like something that isn't flimsy. The one i have now has a shitty paper thin back that just comes off after a few days. Im also out of room on it, need something big.

Top Bottom