• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shulk Amiibo is a Gamestop Exclusive

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's up for pre-order on EB Games Canada. They say on their Twitter that it's very limited.

WTF, Nintendo?

Megatron

What the fuck?

"We reserve the right to charge your credit card a $5 restocking fee if your order is not picked up within 48 hours"

Have they always done this for store pick up orders? Seems shady as hell. If I dont pick it up you will just put it back on the shelf and sell it immediately. No need to steal $5 from me. And 48 hours is not much of a window.

Ludist210

What the fuck?

"We reserve the right to charge your credit card a $5 restocking fee if your order is not picked up within 48 hours"

Have they always done this for store pick up orders? Seems shady as hell. If I dont pick it up you will just put it back on the shelf and sell it immediately. No need to steal $5 from me. And 48 hours is not much of a window.
I don't know about the $5 restocking fee, but 48 hours has always been their policy AFAIK. I missed a pickup window once, but since the people at my local store and I are friends, they held it for me (plus it was fully paid for).

Two Words

What the fuck?

I think they do it to keep people away who aren't certain that they will buy it. It's always annoying when a customer requests a hold on something, the store honors it and denies sales from other customers, then the guy who requested the hold never shows up. If the store has to risk loss of business to hold it for you, what is unreasonable about you risking a loss of $5 if you don't hold up your end of the bargain?

Also, this is only for online store holds, not in-store reserves. That is because online holds don't require any money down like in-store reserves.

Now you can buy it, trade it back to GameStop later for $1, then they can resell it used for twice the original retail price...

I'm actually considering it, Shulk is awesome

NateDog

Any news on how to get one in mainland Europe yet? The local gamestop can not sell me a preorder on Shulk.

Up for pre-order on Zavvi anyway, that's where I have mine ordered just in case it turns out to be limited here too. 10% code works on it too.

Growlie19

I was already in the store to pick up a gift for my little brother, so I figured why not and preordered Shulk. Won't be able to use it until I get a New 3DS or Wii U, but it'll be nice to look at while everyone else complains on GAF that it's no longer in stock.

Top Bottom