• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2: VR - Trailer Concept.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Concept trailer for a potential Silent Hill 2 re-imagining in VR! I tried to demonstrate how the atmosphere, combat and puzzle-solving of Silent Hill would translate to VR.

This all runs almost at real-time in blender, but nothing's playable. A lot of assets are ripped straight from Silent Hill 2 to save production time. It's incredible how well some of these hold up nearly 20 years later.

Orta

Banned
A game I think I'd genuinely give some thought to playing in vr. It would be terrifying.

KiteGr

This sounds as respectful to the source material as a Silent Hill themed patchinko machine...

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Would love to see a proper VR Silent Hill title, but I doubt it will ever come to be unless Konami sells the IP.

johntown

Banned
Sadly this will never happen......why because Konami.

I hope I am wrong and someone actually does this even if it is an hour or two of the game.

Romulus

When I let people demo my VR setup, horror is too much for most. Suddenly, gamers who normally have no issues with horror are completely unable to look around the next corner, literally paralyzed in fear. Most rip off the headset. "Nope. I'm done."

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why would I want a first person Silent Hill? No thanks.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
playing the original right now but I'm stuck. Cant figure out what this number supposed to be. Does anyone know?

Top Bottom