• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill arcade? Tekken 6 to be shown tomorrow?

Tekken 6 - To be released by the end of 07 for PS3 arcade chipset
c_l1171646147_0.JPG
c_l1171646147_1.JPG

c_l1171646147_5.JPG
c_l1171646147_6.JPG

c_l1171646147_15.JPG
c_l1171646147_16.JPG

tk6_aou_08.jpg
tk6_aou_09.jpg

tk6_aou_06.jpg

Shogmaster says PS3 game will look worse due to the lack of ram (compared to the arcade sets which usually have more Ram). Well Shogmaster Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 3, Tekken 5 say HI 2 U!

Silent Hill The Arcade
c_l1171643906_11.bmp

c_l1171643906_10.bmp

Initial Post
from Konami shooter thread

bloke said:
Btw on the am-net BBS that information originates from, there's an AOU '07 thread with people hinting at Silent Hill arcade game (also mentioned on gamefront today), Tekken 6 and Monster Hunter card game all having appereance at the show.

That's pretty interesting! I wonder how a silent hill arcade game would play? Probably a light gun game.... And Tekken 6 for the arcades, I wonder what hardware its running on? Sony hasn't announced a PS3 arcade board yet.

Link
http://www.am-net.jp/gnewbbs/joyful2ch.cgi?mode=res&no=1382

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Silent Hill arcade game...not really what I wanted to hear, but, curiosity strikes. I wonder what its going to play like.

Oldschoolgamer said:
Silent Hill arcade game...not really what I wanted to hear, but, curiosity strikes. I wonder what its going to play like.

*booming voice* THE. FLASHLIGHT. OF. THE. DEAD. */booming voice*

ugh.... I hope Silent Hill 5 isn't a FPS 'arcade' game. :(

I'm not opposed to a FP Silent Hill game (actually, in a way I would, since Team Silent has brilliant character modelers :D), but since the series tends to relish the 'playing by yourself in a dark room' element, I just don't see it working as a quarter cruncher.

Hopefully, like Origins, this is just a separate project, unaffiliated with SH5.

ant1532

Banned
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Please Tekken 6 with online play for the 360. That would be a dream.
Yeah, but still, if it played anything like DoA4 online, it would be hard to pull off many combos(especially since it's a sort of rhythm with Tekken and lag would destroy that)

But yeah.... Tekken 6 would be awesome!!!!

But damn, I'm so happy with all these fighters finally!

LJ11

Diablohead said:
I know that tekken ingame shot is realy old now but what were they thinking at the time, smoking even. :lol

It was Tekken 5 DR.

This thread is missing MarkMan.

Blablurn

Would be awesome!

BTW, don't you know that this pic has nothing to do with the original tekken 6?

Just look at the other Tekken thread.

Diablohead said:
I know that tekken ingame shot is realy old now but what were they thinking at the time, smoking even. :lol

They just took the PS2 models and applied some shader effects to em. It was early, that's what the producer said... but honestly I don't expect anything spectacular from Namco anymore

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
A Silent Hill arcade game?! I hope that's not the case. I can't imagine a worse possible platform for a new Silent Hill title. Silent Hill is probably the one Konami game LEAST suited towards the arcades. What's next? A Suikoden arcade game?

Silent hill Arcade, I can't really picture it, but I'm not completely against the idea yet. I just hope they're still working on a more traditional SH5 for consoles.

Doom_Bringer said:
They just took the PS2 models and applied some shader effects to em. It was early, that's what the producer said... but honestly I don't expect anything spectacular from Namco anymore

I don't think they will let you down on Tekken 6. I think it will look pretty delicious.

Moderation Unlimited said:
I don't think they will let you down on Tekken 6. I think it will look pretty delicious.

I don't know man. There were some rumors that it was going multiplatform.... Plus look at Namco's next gen efforts so far and consider the rumor that their lead programmers actually left to work for Sony..

We will see what happens but I don't expect anything spectacular

after playing RR7 in 1080p- I don't care if it's a souped up RR6... it's gorgeous. Hell, even Tekken 5 DR 1080p looks wonderful.

I have no doubts in Tekken 6, multiplatform or not. I think Namco will come through with this one.

If not, there's always Rare and KILLER INSTINCT 3. :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
(MarkMan's note: Tekken 6 video shown at E3 has nothing to do with T6, it was just a last minute video done at request of Sony for the show, they used the existing DR graphics engine for it... as told to me by the Tekken: DR producer himself at E3... end note.)

<< obligatory pointing to avatar

lol...

hope it looks good

From last I heard, the game isn't even close to being done, I wonder wtf they will show, if anything.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
duckroll said:
Silent Hill Arcade is a new Gun Shooting game from Konami.
That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Hopefully Yamaoka and crew have NOTHING to do with it.

dark10x said:
That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Hopefully Yamaoka and crew have NOTHING to do with it.

:(

watch the game come to PS3 and 360 as SH5. :(

but seriously, I just can't visualize this. Will your targeting automatically suck because you are a 'everyday' normal person? Will there be puzzle elements? A 'score' (as in points)? Ugh...

antiloop

uhm.. just wanted to participate in this thread to say that I want to see Tekken 6 tomorrow. Even if it looks like the shot above.

SH too.

That's all.

teiresias

Silent Hill 5 on Wii will have an exclusive mini-game where you use the Wiimote to aid in the birthing and delivery of God.

duckroll

Okay Tekken 6 is real. But video-only. Bandai Namco games also have the following arcade games lined up for AOU: Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3, Mario Kart Arcade Granprix 2 and New Space Order.

aktham

i'm sad that tekken 6 is here so soon, i just started getting into T5DR which is so damn good.

At the same time i'm happy that a new fighting game is being worked on....we don't get many good fighters anymore :(

Seriously is there a 360 arcade board in Jpn? What about the one that Sega made that's really similar to PS3? Could Tekken 6 be running on that?? Any idea?

Top Bottom