• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill: HD Collection US cover revealed

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
DaBuddaDa said:
There are pictures right above it that explicitly show what games are in the collection that say "SILENT HILL 2" and "SILENT HILL 3."

Yes, and the pictures look horrible. A text-only solution would have been better. You ignored the key part of my post.

DaBuddaDa

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Yes, and the pictures look horrible. A text-only solution would have been better. You ignored the key part of my post.
I'm not arguing personal tastes, I'm asking about what it actually is. It is telling you the exact same information twice right next to each other.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
DaBuddaDa said:
I'm not arguing personal tastes, I'm asking about what it actually is. It is telling you the exact same information twice right next to each other.

Yeah, you're right about that. It's not necessary to have both. I don't think, however, that the elimination of the text would have much impact on the overall look.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sn4ke_911 said:
That's Maria. Look at her necklace.

maria-from-silent-hill.jpg

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Maria.
the collar :p

I knew i should've recognized the necklace. Thanks!

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Yeah, you're right about that. It's not necessary to have both. I don't think, however, that the elimination of the text would have much impact on the overall look.
And I think the elimination of the text would be a much poorer choice when you look at it from "we're trying to sell this to everyone" view.

Dascu

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
and some clive barker looking monster to make it look real cool.

http://i.imgur.com/qhHqP.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's not real... is it?

Edit: Holy shit.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Rahxephon91 said:
And I think the elimination of the text would be a much poorer choice when you look at it from "we're trying to sell this to everyone" view.

I suppose at the bare minimum it should have the word "includes" on there so the most idiotic of shoppers don't have to put 2+2 together by themselves. Still, if it's about seeing this thing on the shelf, they're going to have to take a closer look to figure it out regardless of the text and image configuration, I think.

The Downpour cover looks very Deadly Premoniton-esque.... except that game's cover was also meant to be "so bad it's good". Not the best bar to aim at for a once prestigious horror franchise.

Josh7289

Wow, that's surprisingly good, except for the two little covers in the bottom right, but oh well, they have to advertise what's included somehow I guess.

Anteater

huh, I clicked into this thread with a grin on my face expecting the big shiny silver "HD COLLECTION" across the center of the box.

This isn't what I expected.

Could use some work on the tiny covers though, maybe give them a cool classy border or something

Lime

Here's to hoping the EU cover will be even better (none of the ugly text/box covers on the right).

Otherwise, great cover. I'm actually impressed.

Lime said:
Here's to hoping the EU cover will be even better (none of the ugly text/box covers on the right).

Otherwise, great cover. I'm actually impressed.

I believe in Europe it's part of the classics HD series.

VY9jCl.jpg

Hope you like sparkles!

Lime

Yeah I noticed that one in one of the previous threads, but I imagined it would only be a placeholder, because nobody would be that degenerate to allow such a visual atrocity. It's basically this:

412xa3tb2amlxq12.jpg

G-Fex

I always wondered why SH2 had whats her name on the cover, she wasn't even the main focus of the story.

scitek

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
and some clive barker looking monster to make it look real cool.

http://i.imgur.com/qhHqP.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
Apparently you just need to scratch the hell out of it and you're done.

_dementia said:
Interesting decision.

I don't like it though.
I have to agree. Why not use an element that represents Silent Hill as a whole, a franchise? This works fine as a special edition of Silent Hill 2 but to me it doesn't represent a Silent Hill collection.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looks nice.

Now if they give us a concrete date that's not past March 2012.

Aru

I'll skip Splinter Cell Trilogy but I'll get the other HD collections, including this.

I don't care about the new VA, I didn't play the original versions so I don't expect anything special.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Melchiah said:
Why on earth did they decide to use the US covers of SH2 and 3, instead of the superior EU versions?

I have to assume it has something to do with the misguided notion that putting the pictures of the games' covers on there will lead to people recognizing them and understanding what games are on the disc. So in the US they use US cover art.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Not bad. Was expecting 2-PACK. AMAZING DEAL. ONLY ON PLAYSTATION!!! nonsense.

fernoca

Nice cover, though they should've named this "colleciton" something else. I'd expect a "collection" to include the original game at least..and the 4th one for that matter.

Guess that means 'Silent Hill Colleciton 2'. :p

Oh wow that actually doesn't look half bad. Despite the two mini-boxarts in the corner it's nice to see them put some effort into making something that looks nice.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Napalm_Frank said:
So no release date yet?

I hope it doesn't take them forever to bring it to PAL-land like with homecoming

Sometime early 2012, I think. The release date was pushed back to port the collection to the 360.

Persona7

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
Sometime early 2012, I think. The release date was pushed back to port the collection to the 360.
Source?

Last I remember, when the collection was PS3 only they did not have a solid release date.

Nirolak said:
It seemed exclusive at first, but apparently they decided to bring it over: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441305

Which (kinda) sucks because now they delayed the collection until fucking 2012 instead of next month. :mad:

Sure, 360-only guys can be happy now, but they should not have delayed the PS3 version (though maybe that's due to those wacky MS policies).
On the other hand, exclusivity was an odd move anyway if Konami can change it just like that (maybe they wanted it out before Downpour to strengthen the franchise and only the PS2-port-whatever-Sony-offers was fast enough but would have made it PS3-exclusive?)

Oh well, I own and played the PS2 versions. I will survive the wait (even though I'm curious about the changes and I never played the content of the SH2 extended edition).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
SteelAttack said:
Why couldn't they make it like this? Stupid people.
Because showing which games are included in the collection sells more?

Top Bottom