• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin & Punishment hits JP Virtual Console this Sept

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Seriously though, if there was a time to enable wiimote capabilities in these VC games, it would be now.

The story goes that NOA was all ready to publish Sin and Punishment as N64's swan song before the Conker fiasco where they had 250k carts in the wild and it was just not selling.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there's a translated ROM already kicking around in Redmond.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
DCharlie said:
time to sell my N64 version!

Welp, now you done it. Expect a large amount of PMs and offers, mang. Sin and Punishment is an awesome game that many would not mind owning.

mr jones said:
Welp, now you done it. Expect a large amount of PMs and offers, mang. Sin and Punishment is an awesome game that many would not mind owning.

I guess it's a good thing my boxed copy isn't for sale. :lol

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Dragona Akehi said:
The story goes that NOA was all ready to publish Sin and Punishment as N64's swan song before the Conker fiasco where they had 250k carts in the wild and it was just not selling.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there's a translated ROM already kicking around in Redmond.

Unfortunately I don't think S&P would have sold all that well, either. I mean c'mon. Conker was a beautiful game, with "adult" humor, funny story, good music, AND multiplayer. It STILL didn't sell. Sin and Punishment is a niche shooter with short gameplay, poorly acted voice acting, and no multiplayer. I can see why they'd nix it.

Still sucks, though. I'd at least like to see the start/options menu in english. They could even forget to translate the tutorial - just give me the menus!

Stalfos

Dragona Akehi said:

I hope so. I really wish it was released back then, its a shame that not enough people bought Conker (I did and loved it). I'll blame DK64.

Link1110

kottila said:
It sure like it would work perfectly with the Wiimote....
If they actually give it wiimote functionality, yeah.

I've never played it before, but just from that video, if they have the gun aim with pointing the Wiimote, movement with the Nunchuck, and the sword and gun can be buttons a and b on the Wiimote, that's how it should work. If they just map everything to the Classic Controller though...

Even though I still own the N64 version, I'd buy it on VC without hesitation.

Besides, I don't think I have a working N64 at the moment anyways.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Somnid said:
Considering Nintendo still has N64 backlog and that this is the first third-party N64 title they're bringing out I'd say somebody is listening to our pleas.
This is a first party game as far as publishing rights are concerned. Nintendo R&D 1 and NOA staff worked on it, Yamauchi is the producer, and the IP is owned by Nintendo.

Furoba said:
I for one shall enjoy this title on my Japanese Wii system.
QFMFT!!!

Add another one to the list. I would love a Wii-mote enabled version because this game just screams for one, but I'll take the original any day. After just finishing MP3, this is awesome news. :D :D :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I bought a Wii this week for $150 ( go go in store credit gift card presents). If they release this on VC in the US, consider me officially on the Wii bandwagon.

Sadly, I haven't even opened the Wii yet

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
This would be the most compelling reason for me to buy a Wii yet. Not dissing the machine, I'm thus far just not that interested in its library, although the MP threads had me salivating a little this morning :)

PolyGone

Banned
the menus could be translated in less than 15 minutes with a simple English overlay, which is why I doubt Nintendo will bother.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
OMG YES! Sin & Punishment along with World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are my two most wanted VC games.

PolyGone said:
the menus could be translated in less than 15 minutes with a simple English overlay, which is why I doubt Nintendo will bother.
They speak English in the game anyway so half the localization is done already. :lol

Wow, some great VC announcements today. I always wanted to play this but never thought I'd get the chance.

I'm guessing that Wiimote support would be a pipe dream huh?

Odrion

Banned
It'd rather have the feature to put up boarders on the sides when you play a VC game in 16:9. It's annoying as hell to constantly switch my TV's settings.

cvxfreak

Odrion said:
Is it possible to access the Japanese VC store from America, like how you can with the 360?

Well, I'm sure this isn't what you asked, but you can access the Japanese VC from anywhere in the world with a Japanese Wii... so, uh, import away I guess.

M3wThr33

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Nintendo would be absolutely stupid not to release this.

Games like this are why Virtual Console should exist.
Well, NOA has already demonstrated for years that they're very stupid when choosing what titles to localize, so... don't hold your breath.

I'd say it's very likely for an English release actually!

The original NES version of Mario Bros 2 jp (AKA The Lost Levels) is already confirmed for an English release in Australia and S&P requires very little localisation anyway!

Can't wait, I love Rail Shooters and I've heard so many good things about this!

jarrod

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:

Yep. The game was actually developed with the American market in mind primarily according to Treasure, it was a planned US release from day one and has full english subtitle/menu options iirc.

NOA was also planning to release Custom Robo V2 on N64 in summer 2001 as well... Conker bombing basically killed any N64 releases after that point. :/

koam

jarrod said:
Yep. The game was actually developed with the American market in mind primarily according to Treasure, it was a planned US release from day one and has full english subtitle/menu options iirc.

You're kidding me? I had the import, I never even thought of checking in the options for english.

Top Bottom