• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin & Punishment hits JP Virtual Console this Sept

sp0rsk said:
Seriously though, if there was a time to enable wiimote capabilities in these VC games, it would be now.

It would've made sense to add it in Sim City, but if you could use the pointer in Sin & Punishment it would make the game far too easy.

kazuo

Call me when it hits USA Virtual Console.

I just hope that, if it's released in America, that it drives the value of the N64 version down. That way, I can buy it.

I'm afraid it'll have the opposite effect, however. :/

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Please, please, please, please, please, please give us a North American version!

Hero

The people here in GAF who have connections (i.e. Kohler) need to get on NOA's ass about this to make sure it's released here.

Please? :D

Daigoro

Cheesemeister said:
This is likely accurate. Don't get too worked up, folks.

oops too late.

i laugh at these threads, and there have been plenty of them.

this game was on sale for a long time and N64 is the easiest system to play imorts on ever. to people saying "ive been wanting to play this for SO LONG", i say: :lol .

Tain

Yeah, definitely.

It's hardly the priciest game out there. There really isn't a single good reason to not have played it a year or half a year or whatever ago if you really wanted to.

Duderz

Banned
Wasn't this game revealed to the world via NOA's E3 site way back when?

It'd be extremely dumb for Nintendo not to put this out here. How much effort could it possibly take?

Duderz said:
Wasn't this game revealed to the world via NOA's E3 site way back when?

It'd be extremely dumb for Nintendo not to put this out here. How much effort could it possibly take?

Zero. There's an English version already somewhere at NOA. It's coming.

Really hope this hits the European VC too. It'd be beyond silly if we won't get it 'cause of the French, the Germans and so forth. Force them to learn English, Nintendo!

U K Narayan said:
It's a rail shooter. In fact. I'd dare dub it as the greatest rail shooter EVER MADE.

Now I seriously need to get a Wii.
You sir, have excellent taste.

STG!

After reading this thread earlier today, I had to pop this one back in the old N64. Two things: one, wow, that N64 controller hurts the hand and two, S&P still is one of the most fun and enjoyable run and gun/rail shooter I have ever played. Goddamn, another Nintendo/Treasure collaboration on the level of this gem would be sufuckingperb.

Oxx

Hero said:
The people here in GAF who have connections (i.e. Kohler) need to get on NOA's ass about this to make sure it's released here.

Please? :D

I think he has a Japanese Wii anyway.

He'll just laugh at us.

mosaic

go eat paint
I have fond memories of playing Sin & Punishment on my Pikachu N64... with a convertor cart so that the game cart stuck up nearly a foot in the air.

Great game... a blast to play... very intense cinemas... and the voice-acting was all in English. Nintendo of America is just leaving money on the table if they don't release this to the US/UK Virtual Console. The only text that needs translation is in the menus, and they'd have a real PR coup by releasing a AAA title that formerly was JP-only.

Ashodin

Wow Sin & Punishment is crazy. I would enjoy playing this game to the fullest extent. Why did NOA not release this? They have such a shitty respect for good games.

Alex

This is kind of an off topic question, but do you think Atlus will get behind this at all? The VC, I mean. I haven't being paying much attention, but I'd really kill to have OB64 on the VC. I never got to finish it, and I've gotten rid of my 64 since then.

mclem

Tain said:
Yeah, definitely.

It's hardly the priciest game out there. There really isn't a single good reason to not have played it a year or half a year or whatever ago if you really wanted to.

I own it, never played it. I can't for the life of me track down a JP/EU convertor that works with it.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I thought it was confirmed ages ago that it was coming to all regions on the VC. Either way it's good news. Now all I need is World Driver Championship and Turok 2 and I can put my N64 up for good.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
MadOdorMachine said:
I thought it was confirmed ages ago that it was coming to all regions on the VC.
It was confirmed for the VC ages ago by Treasure, but the region was unspecified.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Alex said:
This is kind of an off topic question, but do you think Atlus will get behind this at all? The VC, I mean. I haven't being paying much attention, but I'd really kill to have OB64 on the VC. I never got to finish it, and I've gotten rid of my 64 since then.

Well, Dungeon Explorer is an Atlus title for TG-16 and that's on the VC, and some of the SMT games are on the JP VC, so yeah, Atlus is definitely on board.

mj1108

If that surprise Reggie was talking about for September is this game hitting the US and UK markets I would not complain one bit.

BRING IT HERE, PLZ.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
tetrisgrammaton said:
people act as if NOA actually makes decisions

That is true, NOA is the definition of "puppet divisions." Their sole purpose is to do the bidding of Nintendo of Japan with no questions asked.

Of course one could argue that is a good thing because having the American division with more power led to SEGA's downfall. To put it better, the constant friction between them led to what SEGA is today.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This would be monumentally awesome if I didn't have Sin and Punishment in my N64, which is currently plugged into my TV.

This is badass for those who never got to play it, though.

games like Sin and Punishment and Wild Guns need to be made for the Wii as original games.

the gameplay style is perfect for the Wii, PERFECT.

Given how little effort it would take to release this on Virtual Console in North America it best be coming out here. Easily worth the 10$.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hcoregamer00 said:
That is true, NOA is the definition of "puppet divisions." Their sole purpose is to do the bidding of Nintendo of Japan with no questions asked.

Of course one could argue that is a good thing because having the American division with more power led to SEGA's downfall. To put it better, the constant friction between them led to what SEGA is today.
You have that completely backwards. SOA's independence was the only reason that the Genesis was ever relevant in North America, and it was only when SOJ started calling all of the shots that the Saturn crashed and burned.

Of course, Nintendo's situation works just fine for them because NOJ seems to have some business sense, at least.

jarrod

Banned
If anything, NOA not following NOJ's lead close enough is the problem. NOE's leaving them in the dust.

Doesn't matter though, I'll be playing Sin & Punishment and The Lost Levels on my US Wii by year's end. ;)

Shiggy

jarrod said:
If anything, NOA not following NOJ's lead close enough is the problem. NOE's leaving them in the dust.

Doesn't matter though, I'll be playing Sin & Punishment and The Lost Levels on my US Wii by year's end. ;)

Are you sure?

Ashodin

thetrin said:
This would be monumentally awesome if I didn't have Sin and Punishment in my N64, which is currently plugged into my TV.

This is badass for those who never got to play it, though.
thetrin
Firing jewel-studded arrows at penniless bums from his shining ivory tower
(Yesterday, 10:08 PM)

Garcian said:
Make of this what you will - S&P has been classified in Australia on 4th September - clicky click

PAL release then.

I've wanted to play this game for years. If its coming out down under we must be getting it :D . Also has anyone else had any problems getting hold of Wii points cards? they seem to be out of stock in most places(im in the UK)

The rejuvenation of this thread had me rushing over to my Wii to check the Shopping Channel, thinking it'd been made ready for purchase, but sadly it's not there yet... or even on the 'coming soon' screen :(

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
AniHawk said:

Your new avatar confused me. What the hell is it? You should just change back to Ramirez and be cool again.

Also, this is promising. Very, very promising. Too bad it wasn't in today's European VC though, but eh, I can wait. I've waited long enough for a proper release of this. I'll buy it again. I'm a sheep. Baaaa.

Top Bottom