• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin & Punishment hits JP Virtual Console this Sept

hooo

boooy
I'm trying to remember how all the movement buttons were mapped to on the n64 controller, but I can't quite remember (and don't feel like digging out my manual for the game). C-left and C-right were used for walking and double tapped for rolling, but were C-Up and C-Down also used? If they were, how can this possibly map to the classic controller when it only has four face buttons. Movement has to be digital (it is a Treasure game after all), and if up and down were used, the n64 version was using all 6 face buttons and the right shoulder.

AniHawk

SovanJedi said:
Your new avatar confused me. What the hell is it? You should just change back to Ramirez and be cool again.
250px-Boneonevoled.jpg

Respect.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
AniHawk said:

Well yeah, I can see where you're coming from, I've always wanted to read that comic, it looks good. But still, y'know...

I dread the day Bishoptl changes HIS avatar though. :lol

Makes up for them denying it to us all those years!

Make it so Nintendo!

I imported the title back in the N64 days and I can you right now, it rocks.

hooo said:
I'm trying to remember how all the movement buttons were mapped to on the n64 controller, but I can't quite remember (and don't feel like digging out my manual for the game). C-left and C-right were used for walking and double tapped for rolling, but were C-Up and C-Down also used?
Jumping and ducking, I think.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
hooo said:
I'm trying to remember how all the movement buttons were mapped to on the n64 controller, but I can't quite remember (and don't feel like digging out my manual for the game). C-left and C-right were used for walking and double tapped for rolling, but were C-Up and C-Down also used? If they were, how can this possibly map to the classic controller when it only has four face buttons. Movement has to be digital (it is a Treasure game after all), and if up and down were used, the n64 version was using all 6 face buttons and the right shoulder.
analog stick - cursor movement
Z-button - gun/sword
A-button - change shot mode
C-left - move left
C-right - move right
R-button - jump

B, C-up, and C-down aren't used.

Cerebral Assassin said:
I've wanted to play this game for years. If its coming out down under we must be getting it :D . Also has anyone else had any problems getting hold of Wii points cards? they seem to be out of stock in most places(im in the UK)

http://www.virginmegastores.co.uk/product/751839/Wii_Points_Card/s.jsf

In conjunction with the code: v01-5HFPQ-49ZK-PLSN it comes out at only £11.70. Mine were delivered within 1 day as well.

If this ever comes out in the UK it'll be the first VC game I'll buy. (I don't buy things I already own, pulling out my snes is not a major inconvenience)

hooo

boooy
Sixfortyfive said:
analog stick - cursor movement
Z-button - gun/sword
A-button - change shot mode
C-left - move left
C-right - move right
R-button - jump

B, C-up, and C-down aren't used.

Thanks. I though A and B were both used to switch between modes, but I must be misremembering. I guess I had no reason to worry about busted controls since it only uses three face buttons plus a trigger on the right side of the controller.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Is there a reason Nintendo won't let us use the Nunchuk/Wii Remote combo for N64 games? Granted, it wouldn't work across the board, but it seems silly NOT to let us use it when it would.

Top Bottom