• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar: Ultimate Party hits PS3 & PS4 on 29 October

Downloaded it but I couldn't be bothered redownloading all my transfered songs and I couldn't see how to add more than one song to my basket. Why can't the app auto download any songs that are showing as free on the store!?

My biggest pet peeve though is that is has my PSN all over the app. Why can't it use my actual name? If they want to be social and less game like use my proper name or let me input the name I want to be called. The reason for this is I have my ex girlfriends name in my ID and it means my girlfriend won't sing any songs with me and just creates arguments!

Does anyone know how to delete a song I've download. It's a an All American Rejects song and it really don't want to showing on my list. I could have swore I didn't re download it either. Very strange.

DeviantBoi

Logged in with my EU account and downloaded the app. I'm not able to transfer all of my purchased songs, but I read they're working on it, so I'll give it time.

However, I can't download the songs that I am able to transfer. I add them to my basket and then hit checkout. Then it gets stuck in "Please Wait" and it won't move from there.

stryke

You wanted DLNA on PS4, here it is -

KDbtgZN.png

Smartphone scanning.

Yeah it's most likely just the phone app looking for the client to connect to.

I'm still enjoying it even though it is lacking some of the songs I've previously purchased. I really like the cross generation scoreboards. Something that I wasn't expecting and imagined that myself and my girlfriend would have been cut off from each other, but we can compare and challenge each other just fine.

goonergaz

Downloaded it but I couldn't be bothered redownloading all my transfered songs and I couldn't see how to add more than one song to my basket.

You can add up to 10 at a time, highlight song, press x to go to the preview bit then press square to add to kart - then exit back to the main list - rinse and repeat. When you add your 10th 'view cart' and buy.

Could have been easier but I'm happy to have a bunch of songs and be able to go from PS3 to PS4 at no expense.

So it's confirmed that we can dl the already purchased PS3 songs on PS4?

My gf and I have bought more that 300 songs so yeah it would be nice... It's such a shame that Sony can't even communicate properly about this !

goonergaz

Chû Totoro;136085863 said:
So it's confirmed that we can dl the already purchased PS3 songs on PS4?

My gf and I have bought more that 300 songs so yeah it would be nice... It's such a shame that Sony can't even communicate properly about this !

It's been confirmed for ages (and mentioned several times on the blog) - as songs are 'upgraded' to PS4 you can have them for 'free'.

I have loads too (probably a similar amount) and 94 were available from the off so very happy, esp. as the singstar launcher is free (ie you don't even need to buy a disk) :)

glaurung

Does anyone know what the leveling does? Nothing?

Also: pretty miffed that so few of my SingStore purchases are available right now. No a-ha, no Meat Loaf, no House of the Rising Sun. I hope that upgrading these songs to the PS4 client will take weeks and not months.

Does anyone know what the leveling does? Nothing?

Also: pretty miffed that so few of my SingStore purchases are available right now. No a-ha, no Meat Loaf, no House of the Rising Sun. I hope that upgrading these songs to the PS4 client will take weeks and not months.

Not seen any use for levelling yet, currently level 12 I think. I've quite a few missing too, the likes of Blur, Radiohead, Coldplay etc, I'm assuming and hoping like you that the updates will be quick.

madp0k

The good lady went and bought this as soon as she heard it was out, she never does this.

She also forgot about it 30 minutes later without trying it, my ears and windows breathe a sigh of relief

It's been confirmed for ages (and mentioned several times on the blog) - as songs are 'upgraded' to PS4 you can have them for 'free'.

I have loads too (probably a similar amount) and 94 were available from the off so very happy, esp. as the singstar launcher is free (ie you don't even need to buy a disk) :)

Ok sorry then... I should have checked the blog. Still I'm certain this is a very important point for a lot of people so they should communicate it as you can't miss it.

I'm happy, time to make new Singstar parties :D

Deadstar

So if I upgrade my songs from the ps3 to the ps4 version do I lose access to them on ps3 or can I play them on both ps3 and ps4? I don't want to lose my ps3 song library because it's still the better version since it supports disc swap.

Also how are the options? The singstar facebook page is littered with comments about how the game has less features than the ps3 versions and how the mic volume is apparently low. Can anyone comment on this? I'm a huge fan of singstar but to see them take a step back like this...it crushes me.

Returners

I just logged into the PS3 version ahead of the PS4 versions release.

All my downloaded songs are gone! :(

I checked the "Services List" (that's where all the song purchases are) under Singstar there isn't any songs left.

Weirdly I still have the Singstar Guitar and Dance entitlements for songs I bought the parts for.

Anyone have the same problem?

I just logged into the PS3 version ahead of the PS4 versions release.

All my downloaded songs are gone! :(

I checked the "Services List" (that's where all the song purchases are) under Singstar there isn't any songs left.

Weirdly I still have the Singstar Guitar and Dance entitlements for songs I bought the parts for.

Anyone have the same problem?

Had a friend call me frantically yesterday..same thing happened. ALL downloaded songs vanished. I found this article about it.

So if I upgrade my songs from the ps3 to the ps4 version do I lose access to them on ps3 or can I play them on both ps3 and ps4? I don't want to lose my ps3 song library because it's still the better version since it supports disc swap.

Also how are the options? The singstar facebook page is littered with comments about how the game has less features than the ps3 versions and how the mic volume is apparently low. Can anyone comment on this? I'm a huge fan of singstar but to see them take a step back like this...it crushes me.

You can play them on both. I tried this.

Spinoff90

Guess it won't be coming today. Considering they released the mic app and a launch trailer all I can possibly see is the PSN problems made them delay it last minute.

EDIT: They responded on the PS Blog about the reason...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/28/playstation-store-update-366/

+ Jenny Barbour on October 28th, 2014 at 3:59 pm said:
The new digital version of SingStar for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 systems has been temporarily delayed in the US (as well as Canada, Mexico and Brazil). We encountered an unforeseen error that effects how the new song catalogs are displayed, however we expect it to be resolved shortly and plan to release SingStar on both platforms very soon.

Not sure why there would be a problem with the North/South American version causing a delay that didn't delay the European version.

bug_42

History is repeating it self. The biggest issue with Singstar is how the separate the US and EU. They need to treat it as one product. The game is not even out yet, and their is a ton of confusion surrounding the game.

I called this one. The US version was delayed. No announcement, no update, no nothing. I love singstar, but it is crazy how they treat the UK version and the rest world different.

Radius

Don't bother with the PS3 disc version of Ultimate Party - I played it for little more than an hour and my PS3 froze three times during one of the loading screens.

Most features of previous games removed? Check
Unstable game code? Check.
Temporary loss of already purchased DLC? Check.
Loading times where there were none before? Check.
2 songs from the tracklist omitted (German version)? Check.

Congratulations to Sony for trolling me with a 35€ pre alpha version of a game.

glaurung

I received the disc in the mail.

Demi Lovato's version of Let It Go is fucking horrible. She butchers the song.

Rest of the disc songs are solid, though I cannot comprehend why they're not out on SingStore for individual purchasing.

Diagol

I downloaded Singstar for PS4 last night (Canadian here), and I also transferred my songs from PS3 without any issues. However, the app for the phone won't recognize that I'm playing Singstar, so it can't connect to it.

I've tried using my phone (iPhone 6 Plus), along with my Fiance's iPhone 5, and a roomie's 5S. None of the phones can recognize that we are playing the game, and we're all on the same network that the PS4 is connected to.

Let's hope this gets updated quickly because we would all love to use the app but can't.

SLV

I downloaded Singstar for PS4 last night (Canadian here), and I also transferred my songs from PS3 without any issues. However, the app for the phone won't recognize that I'm playing Singstar, so it can't connect to it.

I've tried using my phone (iPhone 6 Plus), along with my Fiance's iPhone 5, and a roomie's 5S. None of the phones can recognize that we are playing the game, and we're all on the same network that the PS4 is connected to.

Let's hope this gets updated quickly because we would all love to use the app but can't.

Actually it could also be your wifi routers fault, it did not work for me at work, with the 4g wifi Router, but works no worries at home with a ASus n66u.

Baptizer

Neo Member
So I see that the PS4 version of Singstar was released today. Unfortunately, I'm missing a ton of songs though from my download history and I think I know why: Back in the day when I used to play it on my PS3, I used to make purchases from the Europe store because they had a TON more songs than the US store. On the PS3, the songs you bought from the Europe store would appear on the singstar song selection wheel, along with the US store purchases.

Could that be the issue? Anyone else buy songs from the European store back in the day (prior to the US store getting all of the songs)?

So I see that the PS4 version of Singstar was released today. Unfortunately, I'm missing a ton of songs though from my download history and I think I know why: Back in the day when I used to play it on my PS3, I used to make purchases from the Europe store because they had a TON more songs than the US store. On the PS3, the songs you bought from the Europe store would appear on the singstar song selection wheel, along with the US store purchases.

Could that be the issue? Anyone else buy songs from the European store back in the day (prior to the US store getting all of the songs)?

It's certainly possible, but hard to tell right now - they are definitely not yet showing all my purchases in the PS4 version, and I'm all EU. These things require renewed licence agreements, so I have no doubt they'll be trickling in very slowly.

It's a special moment for me though - I somehow feel that when SingStar is released on the new Sony platform, next-gen has really become current gen.

lucius

My PS3 songs transferred fine to PS4 and the App for the mic seems to work good on my iPhone5, but it keeps trying to upload about 1.6 GB of saved data consisting of saved videos and offline pages/photos.

I only played two songs and didn't record anything, I have to keep deleting these files because it overloads the Plus save storage limit, anyone else having this happen?

Never realised how ugly I looked when I was singing karaoke.

That PS Camera recording feature may as well be called Hall of Shame. >.>

lucius

How do I transfer my songs? From my list in the PlayStation Store?

You have to dl the free Singstar on PSN for ps4 then goto the singstar store and your songs should show up free, so you can't do it from website or dl list that I know of in the US at least.

Pachimari

You have to dl the free Singstar on PSN for ps4 then goto the singstar store and your songs should show up free, so you can't do it from website or dl list that I know of in the US at least.

There's a transfer song option in the free version, haven't bought the disc yet so I'm not sure if it is there as well.
I have the free version from PSN but haven't noticed the option. Maybe my songs aren't transferable hmm.

Top Bottom