• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Six-minute LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This is what they showed at Comic Con. New Line released it to the public this morning. Let the crying begin:
http://progressive2.stream.aol.com/...urnOfTheKing/videos/NoMansExtndCut_700_dl.mov

rotkee_preview_01.jpg
rotkee_preview_02.jpg

rotkee_preview_03.jpg
rotkee_preview_04.jpg

rotkee_preview_05.jpg
rotkee_preview_06.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
With luck, I'll have it by the end of the week or first of next week so I'll be sure to take a bunch of screens/pictures of the set.

I just died. Wow.

I've already made plans with my sister to watch all three extended cuts on Christmas day, since that's when I'll be getting it. Nearly half a day's worth of LOTR. Sheer madness. But we're going to do it.

DarthWufei said:
I just died. Wow.

I've already made plans with my sister to watch all three extended cuts on Christmas day, since that's when I'll be getting it. Nearly half a day's worth of LOTR. Sheer madness. But we're going to do it.

I've got plans for that too, with a keg, sometime over the holidays.

Iceman

sounds like a good plan except that you'll have to watch The Life Aquatic that day as well...

I'm going to do the whole extended versions thing on the weekend of the 17th through 19th (December).

Although I question the quality of my Two Towers Extended Version... I've had problems in multiple DVD players where it starts skipping at the beginning of the battle at Helm's Deep.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The movie Faramir haters can shut the fuck up now.

"I would not use the Ring. Not if Minas Tirith was falling in ruin and I alone could save it."

Iceman said:
Although I question the quality of my Two Towers Extended Version... I've had problems in multiple DVD players where it starts skipping at the beginning of the battle at Helm's Deep.
You too? The first disc of FOTR ALWAYS skips at flight to the Forge. Now it's gotten to the point where it just skips the entire scene, no matter where I play it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Deepthroat said:
*hugs pre-order*

I haven't seen it since I saw it in the theaters so I'm quite amped :D
Same here. It's the only one in the trilogy that I've only seen once. That video made me pumped up for it. Too bad I'll have to wait an extra week and a half for Christmas Day.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hurry up Dec.14th!

Firest0rm

I want to get the Extended Version Trilogy Set. But its so expensive :( dvdboxoffice.com is selling it for $178.95 Canadian.

Tenguman

Man I love these extended editions. It brings the movies even closer to the book and it's a wonderful gift to the fans. Best DVDs ever.

Merry:
"I'm a hobbit and I know I can't save Middle Earth....I just want to help my friends. More than anything...I wish I can see them again."

methodman

Banned
I just kissed my pre-order... Yahhooooo!

I might have to cancel on the pre-order, and just buy it at Fry's; they always seem to have incredible deals on the extended versions.

Okay, the Witch King yelling "THIS IS MY HOUR!" while he thrusts his sword into air which transforms into the FLAMING BLADE OF DOOM was simply badass.

Prine

Banned
am i the only one who doesn't understand the whole trilogy?? I love the movies, but get totally lost in the plot

Dead

well not really...yet
I hope that isnt finished footage, some of the visual effects look laughable. Still highly awaiting this regardless.

Bah on second viewing they look no more awful than some of the shots in ROTK which occasionally were rather terrible

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Prine said:
am i the only one who doesn't understand the whole trilogy?? I love the movies, but get totally lost in the plot

What are you confused about?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
DarthWufei said:
I just died. Wow.

Doing that on Christmas eve.

snaildog

We watched the two extended first moves before going to the ROTK premiere. It was good but you get pretty sick of the main theme music, heh.

I love the Boromir flashbacks - he's my favourite character in the movies; Sean Bean is awesome.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Prine said:

It's really not a very complicated story.

xabre

Banned
Prine said:

Right...there's a bad ring that makes people do bad shit created by a bad guy who wants to rule the world with it. The bad guy looses the ring and some short guy ends up getting it and is told by a bunch of tall guys to take it to this big volcano and drop it in there which will destroy it and rid the world of evil. Unfortunately the bad guy sends forth his many minions to stop the short guy from destroying the ring in the hopes that the bad guy can retrieve the ring again and rule the world. Do you still not understand?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
xabre said:
Right...there's a bad ring that makes people do bad shit created by a bad guy who wants to rule the world with it. The bad guy looses the ring and some short guy ends up getting it and is told by a bunch of tall guys to take it to this big volcano and drop it in there which will destroy it and rid the world of evil. Unfortunately the bad guy sends forth his many minions to stop the short guy from destroying the ring in the hopes that the bad guy can retrieve the ring again and rule the world. Do you still not understand?

You lost me after the second period following right.

Ecrofirt

I don't like all the wide open smiling. That's something I never pictured.

In fact, the first time he does it, I got a picture of Marilyn Manson in my head.
marilynmanson2003.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Peter Jackson explains the Easter Egg on the set:

There's a complicated story... you'll have to listen to this. It's just something that we are going to put on the DVD in November for the extended Return of the King. There's this really funny thing that involved these two guys [points at:] Elijah and Dom. We were in Berlin doing our junket before the premiere of the film. All of us were over there doing press every day where they sit you down in front of cameras and you do all this press, except Elijah couldn't be in Berlin - he was in New York. I think he was doing the 'Saturday Night Live' thing but what Elijah agreed to do very kindly was to get up at 4 o'clock in the morning in New York and sit in front of a camera so that the journalists in Berlin could interview him live since he couldn't be there. So Elijah's in a situation where he's in a room at 4 o'clock in the morning and he has no pictures to look at - there's just a camera pointing at him and he has an earphone on. He's live and he can hear the interviewer in Berlin asking questions. They feed several German interviewers and Elijah sits there blankly looking at the camera and answering the questions that are coming through his earpiece. After that had happened three or four times Dominic, who was in Berlin, thought this was an opportunity for a great practical joke! So Dominic comes into the room in Berlin, puts on a German accent and he pretends to be a German interviewer. Elijah has got no idea whatsoever because Dom put on a great accent 'Ah, hello zere Mr Wood I am pleased to meet you'. And then Dom proceeds to ask Elijah the most outrageously rude questions and Elijah's got no idea. He's sat there being filmed and there's this absolute moron asking questions on the other side and he was videoed too. We've got this thing and it's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life: seeing Elijah trying to hold it together when he's being bombarded with these horrible questions. It was so funny that we're going to stick it on the DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom