• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Ravidrath

OK, so, I just got an update from Sony.

They looked into it and found that there were (for some reason) two paid versions of Skullgirls on PSN. When they initially compiled the list of people that should get vouchers, they only pulled the customers from one of those two versions.

They've now compiled the list of all the people that bought the other one, and those vouchers should broadcast tonight. Same thing as last night: upload around 9 PST, hopefully in your box within an hour or two after that.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience on this.

Ravidrath

??? Maybe something happened with the Slightly Different Edition patch back then? Why would that even have happened

Yeah, NO idea.

We never gave them a remaster of the whole game for SDE, so no idea why Konami would swap it out or whatever they did.

They just said that "there was another paid version that was deactivated in 2012." So I'm guessing that's why it seems like our most dedicated fans are the ones that don't have their codes - they bought the initial release that was deactivated.

i-Jest

Was there a PS+ version I'm not aware of? I don't recall there being two versions on PSN. i do recall there being the demo and unlock.

Yeah, NO idea.

We never gave them a remaster of the whole game for SDE, so no idea why Konami would swap it out or whatever they did.

They just said that "there was another paid version that was deactivated in 2012." So I'm guessing that's why it seems like our most dedicated fans are the ones that don't have their codes - they bought the initial release that was deactivated.

So maybe it's not a coincidence that most of my friends and I who got the game pre-patch didn't get our codes yet

Any rate this is good news to hear, and with classes already cancelled tomorrow I'll probably get to stay up for it this time lol

A hypothetical if I may. What if somebody redeems a code for OG Skullgirls now? Do they or how would they still get Encore for free if that is even a possibility?

Yeah, NO idea.

That's weird, I bought my PS3 copy after that date and yet I don't seem to have gotten a code either :/

Ravidrath

...Is this nightmare finally over?

A hypothetical if I may. What if somebody redeems a code for OG Skullgirls now? Do they or how would they still get Encore for free if that is even a possibility?

No, they wouldn't.

First, their system only tracks monetary transactions. So anyone who got it via a code for free won't get the voucher.

Second, we're not going to ask Sony to do this again. :p

Thores

Just redeemed mine, and picked up Squigly and the colors too! Everything's downloading right now. Pretty excited for my household to start playing this again, especially when BB hits the scene in March.

Cassen

Neo Member
Still haven't received mine, but glad that they're starting to roll out the codes in what seems to be greater numbers.

hao chi

...Is this nightmare finally over?

No, they wouldn't.

First, their system only tracks monetary transactions. So anyone who got it via a code for free won't get the voucher.

Second, we're not going to ask Sony to do this again. :p

What... Yeah, I'm not paying to play Encore just because I happened to get a download code for the original version from Gamestop.

Cassen

Neo Member
E-mail me at indiegogo@labzerogames.com and I'll try to give you a promo code to replace that.

Also, WTF? Since when were there codes being given away at Gamestop?

I also bought the original Skullgirls from Gamestop like the one person above me. They (Gamestop) gave me a code via e-mail in order to download it from PSN. Is this going to effect my entitlement to getting the voucher for Skullgirls Encore?

Ravidrath

I also bought the original Skullgirls from Gamestop like the one person above me. They (Gamestop) gave me a code via e-mail in order to download it from PSN. Is this going to effect my entitlement to getting the voucher for Skullgirls Encore?

Yeah, unfortunately. :\

Sony could only pull purchase data from actual financial transactions on PSN. Which means that anyone who got the original game from a voucher would not get the Encore voucher.

Send me an e-mail at indiegogo (at) labzerogames (dot) com and I'll try to sort this out, but... man, this is not going to be easy.

bruh gamestop's been selling Skullgirls codes for about a year now. SG went retail

...Guh, seriously?

Fuck, going to have to figure out how to deal with this, now. :\

Cassen

Neo Member

Sony could only pull purchase data from actual financial transactions on PSN. Which means that anyone who got the original game from a voucher would not get the Encore voucher.

Send me an e-mail at indiegogo (at) labzerogames (dot) com and I'll try to sort this out, but... man, this is not going to be easy.

Just shot you an e-mail. Thanks for the quick reply, amigo.

My paranoia finally backfired. Had to happen sooner or later. No biggie. I'll give this some time to die down before I shoot you an e-mail about it. You have enough on your plate as it is at the moment.

went online to get put on the leaderboards to get a sense of how many people jumped in

got bodied

absolutely free

and still not on the leaderboards fml

Yeah, going to need to figure out how to shut this down.

Honest question, IGG campaign aside (and even then not entirely), has ANYTHING actually gone as expected or better during development?

Well ok maybe I'm exaggerating but seriously something always seems to happen lately

Ravidrath

Honest question, IGG campaign aside (and even then not entirely), has ANYTHING actually gone as expected or better during development?

Well ok maybe I'm exaggerating but seriously something always seems to happen lately

Nothing ever goes as planned.

That's just kind of game development in general, BTW. We just tend to get more crap on the business side of things.

And thought I'd check out Skullgirls' tags on Steam...

Fighting
Waifu Simulation
2D Fighter
Indie
Fanservice
waifu fighter xtreme
Real Soviet Damage
Frequent Updates
Action
GGPO
Multiplayer
Anime
Sexy
2D
Competitive
Feminist Fighter
Crowdfunded
Cursed
Steam Trading Cards
CoD-Like

Nyoro SF

Nothing ever goes as planned.

That's just kind of game development in general, BTW. We just tend to get more crap on the business side of things.

And thought I'd check out Skullgirls' tags on Steam...

Fighting
Waifu Simulation
2D Fighter
Indie
Fanservice
waifu fighter xtreme
Real Soviet Damage
Frequent Updates
Action
GGPO
Multiplayer
Anime
Sexy
2D
Competitive
Feminist Fighter
Crowdfunded
Cursed
Steam Trading Cards
CoD-Like

GDLK

Got my code last night and put some time into my new team; Ms. Fortune/Double/Squiggly.

I was never able to play the Steam version (my laptop just cried when I booted it up) so I was unprepared for the improvements. Seems like a totally different game.

For those of you looking into this thread and are still on the fence about the game; buy it. Seriously, just buy it.

FluxWaveZ

Oh man, so the people who are still playing this game online really seem to know what they're doing. Glad I don't have any impulse to get better at this or I'd have a steep road ahead of me.

Ravidrath

Going to take a few days to start dealing with the Gamestop code situation.

We've put in the request for the codes, and are trying to figure out what proof people can provide so we're not getting scammed.

And about Gamestop still selling them - apparently those won't work, because the game has been delisted. So it's just a shitty thing Gamestop does, where people have to go ask for a refund because they don't actually bother to clean up their listings. Sony says they'll ask them to take it down, though.

Cassen

Neo Member
We've put in the request for the codes, and are trying to figure out what proof people can provide so we're not getting scammed.

I can't speak for everyone for what I'm about to say, but when it comes to proving proof of who purchased a Skullgirls code from Gamestop and who didn't, the only form of proof available to me is the online receipt e-mailed to me by Gamestop upon purchasing Skullgirls. Gamestop has an "Order History" page for registered accounts where one can "supposedly" view their past orders as well as the codes used for digital downloads, however when I went to check my Order History on their website it gave me absolutely no record of my past purchases with them.

Again, this might just be me, but if someone else who bought Skullgirls from Gamestop confirms that they too can't view their past order history on the Gamestop website, then it would seem that the only way to prove one bought it from them is via the online receipt they e-mail to their customers upon purchase.

Hopefully this information helps you find out the best way to determine the best form of proof to use in this situation, and again: if anyone else who bought Skullgirls from Gamestop can confirm whether or not their Order History page on the Gamestop website shows no records of their Skullgirls purchase, that would be helpful. Hopefully it's just me that has this issue with their Order History page.

Galdelico

Sorry in advance for the question, I'm pretty sure it has been asked tons, but I briefly searched around and didn't find anything about it.

What kind of new content is bundled with Skullgirls Encore (aside from Squigly)? New arenas? New/edited cutscenes? Art galleries?

Also, what does 'free for a limited time' (related to Squigly) mean?
Free as in a timed promotion - where the character is actually free for a few days - or it's more like DoA5U Core Fighters, with Squigly being free for a month or so, then she gets locked and you have to buy the DLC, in order to keep using her in the game?

Hope I won't have to wait too much extra time for my EU PSN Encore and XBLA update. :)

Free for a limited time means "download it during the first 3 months and then keep it forever".

Not counting Squigly and her story mode, the game has A LOT of gameplay changes, like 3 new stages, an extra bonus mode that you'll probably never beat because fuck Marie 300%, and yes I think it should have an art gallery since the pc version has one I forgot to check.

Top Bottom