• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Clearos

so do i have to be online to get a pantheon invite? or is there some weird thing about character names that i'm missing?

I've invited offline people in the past and people have accepted the invitation. Not sure if invites are the same system as the general chat that sometimes messages don't get sent. We also get no confirmation if the invitation was even received by said player (unless you reject/accept)

So I'm going to answer your question with..maybe, would be easier.

hmmm okay. the spreadsheet says an invite was sent but i never saw anything in my notifications. which is where i'm assuming it would go but maybe(probably?) i'm wrong.

Deadly

I wish PVP gave class sparks, it's pretty much all I've been doing :( I'm at such a disadvantage since I don't even have crystal shield yet hahaha

docbon

huh? you get sparks of evolution from the bags after the match ends.

also doing MSM for symbols of immortality so i can upgrade my engy. the pain i endure for the guild ;~;

Cracklox

Please be aware that the Skyforge [NA/EU] servers will be taken offline Wednesday, July 29th at 1am PDT (10am CEST) for routine maintenance. Please find specific details pertaining to the maintenance below:

Purpose:
The purpose of taking the servers offline is to perform weekly maintenance and apply upgrades to both the NA/EU servers.

Patch Notes:

Integrating updates to the NA server’s hardware.
Integrating updates to the EU server’s software.
Duration:
Approx. ~4 hours
1am PDT (10am CEST) to 5am PDT (2pm CEST)

Affected Users:
During the maintenance, the NA & EU Skyforge servers will be inaccessible to all players.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55b7add93798ba4dc1ca9721?page=1

Resets just happened as well......

I wonder how much (if any) of the changes posted a page or 2 back are going in? Or if its just a stability thing

edit - nope, just maintenance by the looks

Vex_

Banned
Since I am now in the multiple classes club -- a question:

When you switch to your new class, and you lose all dat prestige... Is that only because of your gear?

What I am asking is, do the normal nodes(str, val, stam, might) on my paladin tree count for my ascension atlas and my kinetic atlas? Not home to see right now.

I get the feeling only the Ascension atlas and specific class nodes count towards my actual stats/prestige...

Hopefully I explained myself right.

demolitio

Thanks for the invite. Loving this game so far.

Added myself to the spreadsheet. Ingame name is Maximus Demolitus.

Can't wait to get some new classes unlocked.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After I tried out all the classes I really hope this game does well now. Really awesome ideas and they all play really well.

When you switch to your new class, and you lose all dat prestige... Is that only because of your gear?

What I am asking is, do the normal nodes(str, val, stam, might) on my paladin tree count for my ascension atlas and my kinetic atlas? Not home to see right now.

I get the feeling only the Ascension atlas and specific class nodes count towards my actual stats/prestige...

You've got it right, afaik. You do feel a bit weaker when you switch classes because of this, but I've found that it really doesn't take much time at all to get to the "Path of the" node in the new class, and generally by the time you get there you feel at minimum on par with whatever other class you were playing.

Hopefully whatever they do tonight will fix Pantheon chat stuff. I'm lonely without being able to speak to all you lovely people.

I'll be at GenCon starting tomorrow evening, but am taking my laptop and will still be logging in while there. If there are any votes that need to get done, shoot me a PM here on GAF and I'll log in to do that.

JambiBum

Other classes' trees don't count towards whatever class you are playing as. The ascension atlas counts towards your prestige for all classes, same thing with rings. Class specific weapons/ammys/atlases only count towards your prestige when you are playing as that class.

Also seems like they took the servers down a bit early for the maintenance.
tears.gif

Cracklox

Server just went down.

My slave missions were 15 seconds from resetting. I was hoping I could get my 2 engies off for the academy construction mission before they went off. Just missed out

Super glad about the reset, got to start working forwards again. Stupid maintenence :(

Sham Wow <---> i just got to that area, as you said was all fine until i got to the middle part. no d/c issues as yet but MY GOD the framerate drop around that town, i reduced stuff down quite a bit and still annoying, hopefully can speed through it pretty fast.

EDIT: once servers are back up i'll join skygaf if there is a space for me, mates are already being slack at playing.

Also coming back to what was being talked about before, were we going to setup a chat server? Discord looks allright.

Yeah, "open world" areas dropped my framerates in half.
I had to drop my settings from maximum to high to get minimum 30 fps in town. But it still dips to high 20s, somewhat frustrating.

Cracklox

Super glad about the reset, got to start working forwards again. Stupid maintenence :(

Sham Wow <---> i just got to that area, as you said was all fine until i got to the middle part. no d/c issues as yet but MY GOD the framerate drop around that town, i reduced stuff down quite a bit and still annoying, hopefully can speed through it pretty fast.

EDIT: once servers are back up i'll join skygaf if there is a space for me, mates are already being slack at playing.

Also coming back to what was being talked about before, were we going to setup a chat server? Discord looks allright.

Hmmm. Odd on the middle of Viene. I avoid it like the plague. Thank god I managed to struggle through all the missions in there already, cos it still happens. Based myself at a northern checkpoint as my hub for the last few days, and its been fine. Sounds like there's performance issues there whatever the case. Maybe its just for us Aussies because I haven't seen too many other complaints.

And yeah, provided the maintenance doesnt get extended too much, I'll be on later. Shoot me a PM and we'll get you on board.

Oh and I'm indifferent to chat. I prefer being mysterious keyboard typing guy anyway. Though, if its decided its needed, i'll jump in

Does anybody know if there are plans to allow character transfers? I'm enjoying the game right now, but I'm not too sure I want to be stuck on the EU server.

Also as promised yesterday quote this for a premium code:

JambiBum

Does anybody know if there are plans to allow character transfers? I'm enjoying the game right now, but I'm not too sure I want to be stuck on the EU server.
Most MMOs don't really allow for character transfers across servers. Just how the architecture works. I'd say if you want to switch do it now instead of later so you don't waste a bunch of time on a server you don't want to play on.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was running some instance last night and was grouped with 2 Alchemists. That class looks pretty bonkers. How do you go about unlocking classes like that with low prestige? I'm already around 1.2k and these Alchemists were at 1.2-1.3k. It seems like they would have to have a higher base prestige to have gotten that far into the Atlas?

I was running some instance last night and was grouped with 2 Alchemists. That class looks pretty bonkers. How do you go about unlocking classes like that with low prestige? I'm already around 1.2k and these Alchemists were at 1.2-1.3k. It seems like they would have to have a higher base prestige to have gotten that far into the Atlas?

You get both the Knight and the Alchemist unlocked as part of the CE.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i doubt they will do chracter transfers from eu to na etc because when you buy the starter edition or ce u have to buy it for the region your playing on

boofahead

Banned
Still having a blast. Hit 6k+ prestige last night and went to run next quest and got 1 shotted.

Ouch these difficulty spikes can be nuts sometimes. At least i can just sit around a few mins and wait for others to show up and help.

They really need to be more accurate on quest difficulty. I played an impossible that was way easier than a normal.

Only other complaint is that framerate. God I bought a 980ti so I wouldn't have to see 25fps again.

Holy crap they need to use gcards more efficiently.

Cracklox

Still having a blast. Hit 6k+ prestige last night and went to run next quest and got 1 shotted.

Ouch these difficulty spikes can be nuts sometimes. At least i can just sit around a few mins and wait for others to show up and help.

They really need to be more accurate on quest difficulty. I played an impossible that was way easier than a normal.

Only other complaint is that framerate. God I bought a 980ti so I wouldn't have to see 25fps again.

Holy crap they need to use gcards more efficiently.

I'll re-quote below as it sounds like it will be useful for you. And agreed, the game should prob make it a bit clearer rather then have to rely on a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JhGV44X-nt8HzvC5F3t0/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#

It's a table showing recommended proficiency and prestige requirements for each dungeon at each difficulty. Can imagine it will get outdated as the game is patched and adjusted but its pretty useful for now.

Seems to be a good number of dungeons by the end too. At 8.5, i've only unlocked around half of those

Clearos

I'm game for a chat channel, I naturally talk to my brother on mumble but I would be game to logging on when we do a dungeon or if i get back from some drinks and people want to hear me yell at my slayer for not killing 4 people at once in pvp.

Clearos

Surprised on the frame rate of some users. My pc as a 970 and I push +60 fps about 90% of the time. I drop to around 50 if I am in a congested open world.

Day 3 of Slayer: Still in love with slayer.

Edit: Not sorry about my double post....I'm a god, I do what I want.

boofahead

Banned
Surprised on the frame rate of some users. My pc as a 970 and I push +60 fps about 90% of the time. I drop to around 50 if I am in a congested open world.

Day 3 of Slayer: Still in love with slayer.

Edit: Not sorry about my double post....I'm a god, I do what I want.

What is your processor?

I get 60fps in dungeons but open world and just staring at the hologram globe thing in the observatory with everyone standing around it can drop me to 25fps.

Apparently the game is not optimized for gcards very good and is very processor intensive.

I'm running a i5 3570k @ 4.4.

Clearos

What is your processor?

I get 60fps in dungeons but open world and just staring at the hologram globe thing in the observatory with everyone standing around it can drop me to 25fps.

Apparently the game is not optimized for gcards very good and is very processor intensive.

I'm running a i5 3570k @ 4.4.

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 Amazon Link

Dead

well not really...yet
Anyone in game able to send a Pantheon invite? Chara name: Alexa Odyssea

Was on the spreadsheet as invited, but never got the invite somehow?

I get around 60 most of the time and I'm on a 770 with a year old core i7

my current plan is to max out cryomancer while I work my way towards gunner. seems highly likely the former will happen way before the latter so I have to decide between playing one of the other 2 starting classes neither of which I particularly like.

Cracklox

Anyone in game able to send a Pantheon invite? Chara name: Alexa Odyssea

Was on the spreadsheet as invited, but never got the invite somehow?

And in

I would like a Pantheon invite as well. New player in NA - Valus Beoulve.

Thank you!!

Couldn't find you mate. Have you actually started? Game a little buggy and the search feature doesn't work the best sometimes so it could be that. I'm Sham Wow so PM me in game if you see this in the next half hour or so. If your not on until later maybe get at Chambers Blackridge (clearos) or Mojo Mortalis (tharpdaddy) who will hopefully be on. Invites seem to work better when both people are logged in.

@Clearos, I think we are going to hit a capacity limit before we get this academy built. There are 43 currently in, and per above people pending. We basically have room for 47 unless we appoint 2 more commanders (which I'm cool with) to make 49. Right now we're 421/2400 in a day and a half or so on the academy. At that rate, at a very rough approximation it'll be another week or so till complete. I also think its prob too early to go start kicking 'inactive players' too. Might have to get a 'no vacancy' sign ready?

Just some food for thought

And in

Couldn't find you mate. Have you actually started? Game a little buggy and the search feature doesn't work the best sometimes so it could be that. I'm Sham Wow so PM me in game if you see this in the next half hour or so. If your not on until later maybe get at Chambers Blackridge (clearos) or Mojo Mortalis (tharpdaddy) who will hopefully be on. Invites seem to work better when both people are logged in.

@Clearos, I think we are going to hit a capacity limit before we get this academy built. There are 43 currently in, and per above people pending. We basically have room for 47 unless we appoint 2 more commanders (which I'm cool with) to make 49. Right now we're 421/2400 in a day and a half or so on the academy. At that rate, at a very rough approximation it'll be another week or so till complete. I also think its prob too early to go start kicking 'inactive players' too. Might have to get a 'no vacancy' sign ready?

We should probably put in the guild message about helping out with construction. The game doesn't really inform players that the guild will need help constructing things and many might be missing it. Doesn't take many resources but helps out hugely.

Clearos

And in

Yeah, underestimated the amount of GAF who wanted in on the sweet sweet god action. ( a good problem to have )

I'm game with 1 or two more overlords, we have the population and enough of us are on daily to help swing any vote over 50%

For the people waiting for an invite you are not missing anything being in the guild currently minus the ability to chat with everyone. Until we build up other structures we are just a social hub.

naeS

We should probably put in the guild message about helping out with construction. The game doesn't really inform players that the guild will need help constructing things and many might be missing it. Doesn't take many resources but helps out hugely.

This is a good idea. But you almost need a daily popup message something. Some sort of status that is easy to see.

Deadly

I usually try to squeeze in the guild construction stuff but they just cost so much supplies :(

Valus

And in

Yeah I have a character but very new. only around 750 prestige. I think I'll be on tonight so I'll try contacting the people you listed, thanks man.

JambiBum

Yeah, underestimated the amount of GAF who wanted in on the sweet sweet god action. ( a good problem to have )

I'm game with 1 or two more overlords, we have the population and enough of us are on daily to help swing any vote over 50%

For the people waiting for an invite you are not missing anything being in the guild currently minus the ability to chat with everyone. Until we build up other structures we are just a social hub.

I'm online a lot of the time so I would be down for being a commander. Windows 10 needs to update faster so that I can play :(. In game I'm Aurora Avocado.

As far as the pantheon upgrades go, until I went through the pantheon upgrades myself I didn't know that you had to do upgrades through your order. A front end message stating to help with building would be good, especially since helping is so cheap resource wise.

I'm online a lot of the time so I would be down for being a commander. Windows 10 needs to update faster so that I can play :(. In game I'm Aurora Avocado.

As far as the pantheon upgrades go, until I went through the pantheon upgrades myself I didn't know that you had to do upgrades through your order. A front end message stating to help with building would be good, especially since helping is so cheap resource wise.
My hand is definately still up for commander also. Plus I don't think Australia has enough power in the guild atm so there is that....

Finished up last night with 133 sparks remaining on My allowance for this week... God dammit. Back to getting sparks for class and evolve.

JambiBum

My hand is definately still up for commander also. Plus I don't think Australia has enough power in the guild atm so there is that....

Finished up last night with 133 sparks remaining on My allowance for this week... God dammit. Back to getting sparks for class and evolve.

You're a crazy person for almost hitting your cap already lol. I don't have a problem with there being a cap, I just think it should be 10k or more instead of like 8k. I think they will probably raise it in the future and that they didn't expect people to hit it so quickly. I know that your leftover sparks will carry over, but even then some people have more time than others to play.

Its not hard to cap, I'm at like 5.5k prestige right now and if I do an adventure that is x3, I earn roughly 1000 sparks in the 20ish minutes it takes to do.

You're a crazy person for almost hitting your cap already lol. I don't have a problem with there being a cap, I just think it should be 10k or more instead of like 8k. I think they will probably raise it in the future and that they didn't expect people to hit it so quickly. I know that your leftover sparks will carry over, but even then some people have more time than others to play.
Yea see... I barely played yesterday. I did 2 dungeons by myself, 1 with guildies (which I got nothing for) and completed the new open area I unlocked. Basically capped out the entire 8k on premium account. This is ok just means I do dungeons for class and evolve sparks as the cap for those is much higher but there is this odd thing that 2/3 of drops will get premium bonus or something.
The fact that I still desire to play after I reach a game enforced lockout on levelling says only good things for it.

Ploid 3.0

I really wish I had slightly more available class sparks to obtain. Next week is going to be so far away. Color sparks too, oh wellz.

Dead

well not really...yet
Did the 5 man earlier. Shit was way tougher than anything else so far. But it was 3x and got almost 2000 sparks :D

Top Bottom