• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So, the 7 day login bonus is a one time thing?

Edit: Looks like it was after some quick searching :(

KPJZKC

Just created SkyGAF on the EU server...now all I need to do is figure out how to add people, hahaha (I guess search for skygaf on aelinet, if there's a button to request to join, click it, if not send me a message - Illiana Atreides)

edit edit - think I figured it out, throw me your character names and I can invite :)

Ploid 3.0

OMG almost reset day. Man I hate waiting on these but what can I do. It only makes me stop playing the game though, hopefully down the line when I cap everyone and get all of the nodes I want I'd be less interested in the cap resets. In other words when I no longer have to progress my character (outside of Order, and hitting my head against the wall for gear that I can use).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thankfully I haven't been close to cap yet since I'm still sub-2k prestige. But I feel like once I'm able to cap in a day or two, I'm going to find myself in a weird slump. What DO you do once you cap?

Ploid 3.0

Thankfully I haven't been close to cap yet since I'm still sub-2k prestige. But I feel like once I'm able to cap in a day or two, I'm going to find myself in a weird slump. What DO you do once you cap?

For me, not much. Mess around with the order, try to get gear for a bit, maybe do the open world stuff though since it no longer give sparks I don't do that often. Ultimately I just wait until reset.

I do have 2 other characters collecting spark caps right now though. Their spark caps are at the 20k + mark I think. I'll keep them sitting on that until I'm ready to change over to one of them. My second time through I should have a better idea of what to go for on the Ascension Grid. For my current character I got trolled by the Find Path and was sent through a purple node so instead of going to witch I had to detour to Berserker.

lTHnjTW.jpg

You can still run missions and dungeons to get better gear and higher prestige. Your ascension atlas is only one of the types of progression. Once you're capped is a good time to get some materials for upgrading adepts or provinces or etc.

nataku

Did the servers go down? I got stuck on a load screen going into an area and had to end task the game through the task manager. Now every time I try to load the game up it tries to load that map again, only to time out after a minute and close the client automatically.

It's been almost 15 minutes since then, but it's still trying to put me in that map.

Did the servers go down? I got stuck on a load screen going into an area and had to end task the game through the task manager. Now every time I try to load the game up it tries to load that map again, only to time out after a minute and close the client automatically.

It's been almost 15 minutes since then, but it's still trying to put me in that map.

I've been getting intense lag spikes so they may be having issues. They said they're doing more upgrades to the servers tomorrow during maintenance.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I've been getting intense lag spikes so they may be having issues. They said they're doing more upgrades to the servers tomorrow during maintenance.

I hope so, I kinda expected the chat issues to be resolved by now.

Suikoguy

132mb update?

odd

Edit: Apparently to fix crash exploit?

Vlodril

Just created SkyGAF on the EU server...now all I need to do is figure out how to add people, hahaha (I guess search for skygaf on aelinet, if there's a button to request to join, click it, if not send me a message - Illiana Atreides)

edit edit - think I figured it out, throw me your character names and I can invite :)

i friend you (and then unfriended are resent by mistake) but no invite yet.

on an unrelated note i got some followers and i have a there is an adept waiting for you on the great hall but noone is there. bug or i am missing something?

Cracklox

on an unrelated note i got some followers and i have a there is an adept waiting for you on the great hall but noone is there. bug or i am missing something?

There should be some folk congregated around your statue. If you move near them it should show you their stats, and an option to recruit show up. If you've tried that, then that'd be a bug i'd say....

Also, good to see they are doing they're weekly server maintenance before reset, and not after, this week too

Vlodril

yea they werent there until i left the area and re entered it for some reason. i really like the followers and adepts side content. gives some depth.

boofahead

Banned
last night was a laggy mess for me.

Unpossible to play warlock with lag. Switching stances would take 5 seconds which completely ruined any chance of decent dps.

Hopefully they can fix some of that lag. Back in guild at least. Must have been a bug, an hour later the pantheon showed back up.

KPJZKC

Hey hey!

I accepted the friend request, and right-clicked to get to 'Invite to Pantheon'. Not sure why it didn't work! I've tried again.

JambiBum

Hey hey!

I accepted the friend request, and right-clicked to get to 'Invite to Pantheon'. Not sure why it didn't work! I've tried again.

Right now if the person isn't online when you invite to a pantheon the invite doesn't work. Just have to make sure that they are online when you try to invite.

Also, we need some more credit donations to the pantheon for upgrades if possible. Upgrades get kind of expensive as we go so we need everything we can get. I've seen other pantheons implement a minimum credit donation per week, I'd rather not do that if we don't have to though.

Vlodril

Hey hey!

Right now if the person isn't online when you invite to a pantheon the invite doesn't work. Just have to make sure that they are online when you try to invite.

Also, we need some more credit donations to the pantheon for upgrades if possible. Upgrades get kind of expensive as we go so we need everything we can get. I've seen other pantheons implement a minimum credit donation per week, I'd rather not do that if we don't have to though.

well that is competently designed :p ok tell me when you are in i guess or if you see me on you can sent it then.

KPJZKC

well that is competently designed :p ok tell me when you are in i guess or if you see me on you can sent it then.

I'm online now, you're not showing up as online though! I'll probably be around for the next hour and a half, so throw me a message in game :)

Ploid 3.0

Today is christmas again!

I started working on my third character and will have it as a PVP oriented player I think (necro, and witch/warlock will be the first two unlocks). For my main character I have around 10 spark of evolution bags waiting on the uncap. I wish these things didn't take away from the cap because then it would feel like I actually have something to work towards during cap. These bags will just speed me up or help my newly unlocked characters.

boofahead

Banned
Today is christmas again!

I started working on my third character and will have it as a PVP oriented player I think (necro, and witch/warlock will be the first two unlocks). For my main character I have around 10 spark of evolution bags waiting on the uncap. I wish these things didn't take away from the cap because then it would feel like I actually have something to work towards during cap. These bags will just speed me up or help my newly unlocked characters.

Tried pvp on my lock and got wrecked.

So squishy with no shields and 1 stun on long cooldown.

I was being way too suicidal though. Also was playing free for all so I didn't have teammates to hide behind while dotting stuff up.

But all it takes is a slayer to grab your ass and proceed with stunlock beatdown.

Vlodril

alright i am in the eu guild as well (skygaf). if you cant find illiana for an invite send me a message if i am in and ill add you (siobhan alcantar).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Prestige Scaling is a system within Skyforge that lets players of any prestige participate in the same adventures! This is accomplished by applying an effect to the lowest prestige members of the group which increases both their health and damage during the duration of the adventure. Joining a group with scaled prestige locks that adventure’s difficulty to “Normal” and awards all player’s appropriate rewards for their prestige! Albeit this system is limited to use during certain adventures such as Squad, Group, Battles, and Invasions.
sweet

Suikoguy

There's promo codes currently available at mmorpg.com (urgh, 90s website) that give 14 days of free premium (and some celestial threads and a limited gravicycle license).

Grabbed it for the 14 days (with what must be a decade old account on that site, don't remember making it).

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/628/Skyforge-Gift-Pack-Giveaway.html

edit - down to 225, better be fast :p

Thanks for posting this, finally got one. Another 14 days to add to my starter pack is nice :)

The Starter pack is a good deal for those interested in the game. Although, premium is a bigger deal once you max out a character class.

Clearos

Still alive but busy week, I'll try to log on daily to at least send the adepts on construction missions and vote on godly stuff.

Ploid 3.0

Tried pvp on my lock and got wrecked.

So squishy with no shields and 1 stun on long cooldown.

I was being way too suicidal though. Also was playing free for all so I didn't have teammates to hide behind while dotting stuff up.

But all it takes is a slayer to grab your ass and proceed with stunlock beatdown.

In the next patch slayer is supposed to be brought down to even playing field for PVP. Knight is op in PVP and it should be as well I hope. Lightbringer is a pain to kill, so maybe something there too.

Skulldead

I think i've just hit the moment where my build don't work anymore..... I'm paladin with a lot of Healt, but very low DPS... it's seem impossible for me to solo the second half of the Open Mine Area.... If they are small group i destroy them, but 2-3 big Solo creature it's over i can't survive long enough to kill the 3...

I've check the board and there not a lot of STR node on the way to unlock the Knight (what i'm going foward). And i heard the Might node don't really help that much.... So should i focus on Valor ? I really don't know what to do now. I'm around 5.5k prestige and 16k of HP. Thought I can easily tank with no problem 5 ground dungeon....

I think i've just hit the moment where my build don't work anymore..... I'm paladin with a lot of Healt, but very low DPS... it's seem impossible for me to solo the second half of the Open Mine Area.... If they are small group i destroy them, but 2-3 big Solo creature it's over i can't survive long enough to kill the 3...

I've check the board and there not a lot of STR node on the way to unlock the Knight (what i'm going foward). And i heard the Might node don't really help that much.... So should i focus on Valor ? I really don't know what to do now. I'm around 5.5k prestige and 16k of HP. Thought I can easily tank with no problem 5 ground dungeon....

The end of areas tend to be a lot harder than the beginning of areas as prestige requirement increases throughout it. I had the same issue soloing on a dps class and support class. Try to run some missions to increase your prestige some before trying or see if you can't find a buddy to do the final parts with you.

Primus

Bunch of big changes coming to how Pantheons work just got announced for the massive 8/11 patch. The TL;DR version is:

• Resources for pantheon construction will go to a pool instead of being forcibly shunted to the in-progress project.
  • Costs of construction for many improvements (Power Unit, Triumph Square, Ether Projector and Distortion Analyzer) will be reduced, and the difference refunded back.
  • Upgrades after a certain level will require items called Knowledge of Avatars, which looks like they'll only drop from Invasions.

1 and 2 are nice changes.

boofahead

Banned

You in that crappy area of pantheon right now. from about 5k -9k it would go from really easy to hard to easy...just keep grinding what you can and you will get out of it soon.

Xilium

That feeling when you go to look at your new cap, expecting 10k but seeing 7.8k, then realizing that you started the day after the first weeks reset.
tumblr_lxbd5hJ5Vv1qdbxh4.jpg

Have to wait yet another week before I'll be able to unlock witch. Even worse, I think by the time I hit cap, I'll be one node away from it.

boofahead

Banned
That feeling when you go to look at your new cap, expecting 10k but seeing 7.8k, then realizing that you started the day after the first weeks reset.
tumblr_lxbd5hJ5Vv1qdbxh4.jpg

Have to wait yet another week before I'll be able to unlock witch. Even worse, I think by the time I hit cap, I'll be one node away from it.

I thought same thing last week before I unlocked witch. In fact I did the math and saw I would be like literrally 1 node short. I didn't take into account that at like 7k and 11k prestige (I forget actual prestige but something like that) u get to open that package thing for 500x and 700x of each spark that isn't counted towards the limit. Made my day. Hopefully that lets u get to witch too.

Dead

well not really...yet
Was just about to post the notes. Seems like a pretty significant update. Lots of new content.

Mims

I'm not excited for the prestige changes for PvE. If I am reading this right in order to queue for squads/dungeons higher than normal I will have to have a premade. Rather than the easy system that it is now where I just queue up into a group finder for harder dungeons to get better gear. It gave me something to do while waiting for the resets. Kinda off putting if this is the case.

I'm not excited for the prestige changes for PvE. If I am reading this right in order to queue for squads/dungeons higher than normal I will have to have a premade. Rather than the easy system that it is now where I just queue up into a group finder for harder dungeons to get better gear. It gave me something to do while waiting for the resets. Kinda off putting if this is the case.

I believe one of the changes was also that you will always get gear for your prestige, so the scaling doesn't really matter. Even on normal you'll be getting drops you need -- at least I think that's the case? I'd have to research more into it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can someone link me a good article describing followers or whatever the L button thing is? I just did the quest to unlock all that stuff last night and have no idea what I'm doing, ha.

Also, I hit 2.8k with my Pally. I finally feel like a real tank in squads. My damage is trash, but hot damn can I hold aggro.

Skulldead

In group adventures the lowest prestige members will have an effect applied that increases their damage and health while in the group

why they put upscale ? i thought scaling was for better player to help lower prestige player ?

No way !! We will probably get the choice...probably

Edit : From the patch note, i will not have the choice with group finder, i really don't like this change...

Top Bottom