• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skylanders Swap-Force |OT|

Ragarra

As far as I know they are all wired starting with Swap-Force. The ps3/wii version of Giants and backwards had wireless versions of the portal. The portals are not compatible with newer versions though so if you got Swap Force it would be wired.

I believe the portal was changed due to the battery dieing to quickly if it was powering the lightcore characters?

RobbieNick

I attended the Skylanders booth at E3 and got a Life Trap. with a Riot Shield Shredder trapped inside. Don't know if I should sell it or hold onto it.

Slermy

Maybe hold onto it until a little closer to release?

While you were there, did you find out any tidbits about the game itself? Still curious what the Wii U exclusive feature might be.

10413369_10102220287687534_5369425936339086222_n.jpg

Skylanders Life Trap from E3. :)

NeoUltima

Just a heads up for you guys, tomorrow at Toys R Us they are handing out free 'sidekick' characters to the first 50 people who go into the electronics department.

Macka

Does anyone know if the Skylander figures are cross-platform? I got the Wii U 8GB Skylanders bundle and am going to trade in the game, but would love to give the toys to my little brother to use on his Wii if it'll work.

Edit: What about the Portal as well? He keeps running out of batteries so giving him the wired portal would be great too.

MrBadger

Does anyone know if the Skylander figures are cross-platform? I got the Wii U 8GB Skylanders bundle and am going to trade in the game, but would love to give the toys to my little brother to use on his Wii if it'll work.

Edit: What about the Portal as well? He keeps running out of batteries so giving him the wired portal would be great too.

The figures are cross platform. I'm not 100% but I don't think the portal is as well.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Don't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll try asking here: Are Giants or Swap-Force as good as Spyro's Adventure on 3DS? I find SA on 360 a complete bore. I heard Giants is pretty similar to the console SA game. Vicarious Visions made the console Swap-Force games which sounds better, so I was wondering if it's best to just go there next.

Slermy

I picked up both Spyro's Adventure and Swap-Force on the 3DS after finishing Swap-Force on the Wii U (my first Skylanders title).

I quite liked Spyro's Adventure and though I haven't finished Swap-Force, I'm enjoying it as well. It's just not as amazing as the bigger console brother.

I'd stay away from Giants, I've read it has serious framerate issues on the 3DS.

Lijik

Don't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll try asking here: Are Giants or Swap-Force as good as Spyro's Adventure on 3DS? I find SA on 360 a complete bore. I heard Giants is pretty similar to the console SA game. Vicarious Visions made the console Swap-Force games which sounds better, so I was wondering if it's best to just go there next.

I liked SwapForce enough that Im in the opposite position of meaning to check out the 3DS game they did for SA because of it, so I think you should skip ahead to the console version of SF.

me0wish

Played SA on 3DS, and SF on Wii U. I must say I enjoyed SF much more, still not done with them yet. I also have giants on 3ds but still didn't try it out.

Poona

Question about this game.

If I start playing this with some Giants figures can I continue to upgrade their powers in swap force (including their power obtained from their soul gem in Giants)? Or do I need to continue grinding away with them in Giants to obtain all their upgrades?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Question about this game.

If I start playing this with some Giants figures can I continue to upgrade their powers in swap force (including their power obtained from their soul gem in Giants)? Or do I need to continue grinding away with them in Giants to obtain all their upgrades?

Yes, you can upgrade them in this game.

Sora_N

Got this for $20 for PS4. Kind of just wanted the toys and some more PS4 games.

I never finished Giants because buying all those made me so sick.

I don't really plan to buy many of the Swap or Trap team toys, I will wait for Trap Team to go on clearance next year too if I feel like playing it.

Hope this one's ok though!

Cilla

Just starting again. I had to buy a UK disc as the Aussie version won't install the patch so no online play.

Activision Assist blames my internet even though it's a known issue and the UK one worked. Welp.

Sora_N

I found a way to cheat to get a 2P (From Vita Remote Play) so I won't have to buy more Swap Force characters, but do the Swap Zones matter for anything?

Swap Force on ps4 is $19 on Amazon so I'm thinking of getting this after beating Trap Team. I really enjoyed that a lot.

How many Skylanders and which ones do I need to fully enjoy this game since with TT we need 10 traps and 10 trap masters if you wanted to fully realize the game not including the dark and light elements too.

Slermy

Any combination of figures that yields you one of each of the base (8) elements, and each movement type (bouncing, crawling, digging, flying, sneak, spinning, teleport, wheel... I think). So if you picked them right, you'll only need 8 figures.

Then you'll also want one Giant if you really want to open every chest (that's the only bonus in the console version).

Top Bottom