• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword new media depot [Latest: Lyre Trailer] [Spoilers may vary]

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20110928070757759.jpg
New mini-game idea: counting polygons on NPCs.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BY2K said:
What do you guys want gifs of?
Oh there is so much gif worthy stuff in the new trailers. I'm on my phone now but i think skating Fi would be cool.

michaeltraps said:
This game looks incredible - the art style, there are no words.

I, for one, am happy with the WW take on the overworld - traversing the fields in TP were the more tedious parts of that game. I remember the sense of adventure I'd feel in WW when seeing a small island in the distance and watching it get larger and larger as I approached. Haters be damned.
The overworld in TP was not only smaller but the means of transportation was much faster than sailing.

Sn4ke_911

matthewd49 said:
where fina is dancing on the water and where link is stumbling up those stairs and the heat is blowing past him in the (fire temple?). those are pretty amazing :p
B2YK already made the heat blowing and stairs gif in the other thread.
and its the earth temple not the fire

Sn4ke_911

Wtf i can't edit my post with the neogaf second app?

Magicpaint said:
The overworld in TP was not only smaller but the means of transportation was much faster than sailing.
I'm not necessarily talking about time with my comparison, I just found the WW mode of exploration more enjoyable, even though it took longer to get from one place to another.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Wait.

Hold the phone.

Did Link just fuckin down a potion mid-run without missing a step?

Sn4ke_911

RooMHM said:
Tell me the aliasing isn't real ... :((((((((((
And thats why i will learn how to use dolphin. I hate aliasing with a passion.

It's pretty hard to tell at the moment but how do we think this will run on Dolphin? Is it doing things that Dolphin can't handle in terms of graphical effects etc?

michaeltraps said:
I'm not necessarily talking about time with my comparison, I just found the WW mode of exploration more enjoyable, even though it took longer to get from one place to another.

Then how was it tedious?

Dascu

Tg50C.png

Unknown - Squid thing - Furry birds from the forest - the Goddess - Goron - Mogma

Seems there's no Zora or Rito this time around?

_Alkaline_ said:
Then how was it tedious?
I don't really equate tedium to "taking too long to do." It's just something that has to be done (could take any amount of time really) that I don't find particularly engaging.

In TP there might not have been a long distance to traverse to get from one zone to the next, but I didn't find those short snippets very interesting. It was the opposite in WW for me - boat rides took longer for sure, but at least I enjoyed the trip.

Lunar15

This game reminds me of Link's Awakening. The art style, the love interest, the extra minigames like mine-cart racing... super links awakening vibes.

Midou said:
Technically speaking, it is no different from wind waker. If anything, Wind Waker provides the illusion that you go between the areas because you're on the ground, but they are still self contained areas. The sky travel is cooler, but does make it seem more disjointed, but it is the same concept.

Which was fucking AWFUL. As much as I liked WW, the overworld was the worst part. We only got one real town, and even that was pretty small.

Oh well. We haven't had a nice overworld since the 2D Zelda games.

EDIT-Well, technically we had only one giant town in the 2D Zeldas followed by villages.

But I love the colors in this game. Reminds me of MC.

Gino

For some reason the part where Fi Dance around peaked my interest. We get to see more of her personality I think.

Dascu said:
Tg50C.png

Unknown - Squid thing - Furry birds from the forest - the Goddess - Goron - Mogma

Seems there's no Zora or Rito this time around?
Obviously Hylians breed with the squid octopus thing and zora's are born.

GCX said:
Every character design is amazing. So much variety and imagination.
I agree. Every NPC looks unique enough to have a role. None of them look generic.

Skyward Sword looks worlds better than its initial reveal two E3s ago. I really think this could be the next Ocarina of Time in terms of being the Zelda game that redefines the series' formula. And, from the look of it, this game may be the best 3D Zelda yet.

Top Bottom