• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword Nintendo Power Information of SPOILERS GALORE!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, I was giving some of the new info some thought, and regarding the
save system,
it's probably not as bad as I may have made it out to be. Sure, I love the save anywhere system in OoT, WW and TP, but I doubt it'll be anywhere near as bad as the dumb system that was implemented in MM.

As far as the
day/night system goes, I'm a little bit more ambivalent on that. Real time day/night passage was one of OoT's coolest innovations, and it sorta sucks that they're changing it. But then again, LttP, LA or really any of the handheld games don't have that type of thing, and they seem just fine so who knows.

jonno394

Nier to me felt like a Zelda title, and it didn't have a
save anywhere system
, so I'm ok with this.

Plus it will probably be very different to Majoras Mask in the case that it (hopefully) won't be a
temporary save system that requires you to turn off the console....

oatmeal

Banned
So we will get 'dark cloud overworld of boring' or 'light cloud overworld of boring'?

Sounds awesome.

The day night cycle was always the best part of exploring the overworld in 3D Zeldas. So glad they cut that out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
oatmeal said:
The day night cycle was always the best part of exploring the overworld in 3D Zeldas. So glad they cut that out.

Is this some kind of cognitive dissonance?

ASIS

oatmeal said:
So we will get 'dark cloud overworld of boring' or 'light cloud overworld of boring'?

Sounds awesome.

As many people have said it won't be about the aesthetics this time around. So no, nothing boring about it.

I agree with you that it's awesome. But I also don't think Nintendo would go "Yeah, let's just cut this out because we're lazy".

Oblivion said:
Real time day/night passage was one of OoT's coolest innovations, and it sorta sucks that they're changing it. But then again, LttP, LA or really any of the handheld games don't have that type of thing, and they seem just fine so who knows.
To be fair, the traditional day/night cycle in the console Zelda games ended with Majora's Mask. In The Wind Waker, it was still there but didn't have much effect on the main game, and in Twilight Princess, it was simply forgettable. I want to wander around Hyrule Field and know when morning or evening is going to kick in. In Ocarina of Time, I loved waiting till certain times of the day, then going to a place where time stands still just to explore it a little and to enjoy the moment (Kakariko Village in the early morning before the Cuckoo cries...you can really feel the dew on the grass). With Majora's Mask, although the time was ticking away, you still had this feeling. With the later games, it was completely gone, as though you lost control over it. Plus: colors. The skies in OoT and MM are so beautiful. TWW and TP opt for dull realistic colors and you never have the option of visiting a location at a certain time of the day. I want that casual "enjoy the world" feeling back.

ASIS

Prime Blue said:
To be fair, the traditional day/night cycle in the console Zelda games ended with Majora's Mask. In The Wind Waker, it was still there but didn't have much effect on the main game, and in Twilight Princess, it was simply forgettable. I want to wander around Hyrule Field and know when morning or evening is going to kick in. In Ocarina of Time, I loved waiting till certain times of the day, then going to a place where time stands still just to explore it a little and to enjoy the moment (Kakariko Village in the early morning before the Cuckoo cries...you can really feel the dew on the grass). With Majora's Mask, although the time was ticking away, you still had this feeling. With the later games, it was completely gone, as though you lost control over it. Plus: colors. The skies in OoT and MM are so beautiful. TWW and TP opt for dull realistic colors and you never have the option of visiting a location at a certain time of the day. I want that casual "enjoy the world" feeling back.
wait what? I suggest you go and play those games again. WW had amazing transitions. And visiting TP's castle town as soon as the sun rises is just pure awesomeness.

Night/day always played a minor role. But they are just so nice to have IMO.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Spoiler tagging things like the save system and day/night cycle is fucking insane.

Platy

oatmeal said:

Sounds awesome.

I always wanted to do this ... so ...
i1Zl1.jpg

RagnarokX

oatmeal said:

Sounds awesome.

Best part? It was terrible in TP. Night was so boring and you had to just ride around until the sun came back. In the other games I kept having to play the songs to bring daylight back.

Top Bottom