• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword Nintendo Power Information of SPOILERS GALORE!

Smiles and Cries said:
WiiU needs a spin-off game titled Twilight Realm starring Midna, that would be so badass
no hero of Time just Midna kicking ass - that would piss off so many people :p

I would love this

GAF, I need a direct line to Miyamoto NOW!

snesfreak

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
I'm starting to think not even the WiiU can create a whole world on this level.
I just don't see it happening that is why they are trying to copout early by saying Zelda HD will not be like this
There's no reason to believe this.
None.

TheNatural

My Member!
Is the option to turn down or off the HUD a spoiler? After so many people I've read bitch about how big and annoying it is, they should know once and for all it doesn't fucking matter. Even though it was said last year it would be able to be turned off.

TheNatural said:
Is the option to turn down or off the HUD a spoiler? After so many people I've read bitch about how big and annoying it is, they should know once and for all it doesn't fucking matter. Even though it was said last year it would be able to be turned off.

nothing in the OP is spoiler tag worthy IMO
those gameplay things are very informative its good to know you can pretty much turn off most of the HUD

Kard8p3

Hey BY2K your missing something in the story spoilers. You forgot the part about
the ninja like woman dressed in black with the shiekah symbol on her clothes and face that you cross paths with on your journey.

Platy

PEOPLE ! COME TO YOUR SENSES ! =P
TmADv.jpg

BY2K said:
It's normal for people of Skyloft though.

Plus,
the reason why she pushes Link off of Skyloft is to force him to pratice his flying skill.

Zelda confirmed to be X-Men first class' Magneto

BY2K

Membero Americo
Platy said:
PEOPLE ! COME TO YOUR SENSES ! =P
TmADv.jpg

Oh, looks like there's a house there.

And I only reported what was in Nintendo Power.
There's no mention of the Sheikah woman.

Big One

Banned
Zelda Informer updated information that
the Sheikah woman is ninja-like, and Ghirahim's master is related to the black thing shown in the trailers.

Log4Girlz

Smiles and Cries said:
I'm starting to think not even the WiiU can create a whole world on this level.
I just don't see it happening that is why they are trying to copout early by saying Zelda HD will not be like this

I will settle for indoor environments being this awesome.

Jaded Alyx said:
If that were to happen, then...who would you have been playing as the entire game? The reason for the flood was because no legendary hero appeared.

haha....good point....busted. Perhaps ganondorf, unsealing the evil? Or a random kid who dresses in green...and fails in the end?

ya both those would be a lame game

Big One

Banned
Anyone else expecting the three goddesses to be segmented?

All of the stuff keeps mentioning the "Goddess" as a single entity rather than many. In Skyloft, there's a statue of an angel-like character.

What if it's like this...

w4Ct1.png

Nayru

Hi93W.jpg
x2Lgl.jpg

Din

Du3zp.jpg

Farore

Tuck

Big One said:
Zelda Informer updated information that
the Sheikah woman is ninja-like, and Ghirahim's master is related to the black thing shown in the trailers.

Hm... I hope the plot isn't too similar to Spirit Tracks...

RagnarokX

Big One said:
Anyone else expecting the three goddesses to be segmented?

All of the stuff keeps mentioning the "Goddess" as a single entity rather than many. In Skyloft, there's a statue of an angel-like character.
The three goddesses aren't the only deities in Zelda. The goddess of skyloft may just be a new one. We already have Eldin Volcano, which is a reference to Din.

Tuck

Caelus said:
So far, sounds nothing like it.

Spirit Tracks: Evil Demon thing kidnaps/murders Zelda to help resurrect his evil god. And theres an evil train in there for some reason.

Skyward Sword: Zelda kidnapped. Evil Demon trying to resurrect evil god. And theres an evil giant whale in there for some reason.

Just some similarities I noticed. I'm sure the games will be very different.

Big One

Banned
RagnarokX said:
The three goddesses aren't the only deities in Zelda. The goddess of skyloft may just be a new one. We already have Eldin Volcano, which is a reference to Din.
None of those deities are worshiped, however. I highly doubt the goddess where the Hylians come from is anything other than Nayru. Zelda is associated with the Triforce of Wisdom which is the same piece Nayru represents. Nayru also gave birth to the sky as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYg7ylJKU8

watershed

Banned
Regarding the whole day/night thing has it been confirmed that
the cycle isn't automatic in the rest of the world? Or is the sleep to make it night thing only apply to skyloft? I wonder if that means you can camp down in the areas below the clouds or maybe change the time of day at save points (if its not automatic)

Caelus

Tuck said:
Spirit Tracks: Evil Demon thing kidnaps/murders Zelda to help resurrect his evil god. And theres an evil train in there for some reason.

Skyward Sword: Zelda kidnapped. Evil Demon trying to resurrect evil god. And theres an evil giant whale in there for some reason.

Just some similarities I noticed. I'm sure the games will be very different.

Zelda games are thematically similar, but in specifics are nothing alike. Zelda is technically dead in ST, and the goal is to find her body and restore the tracks. Different idea in SS, you're just looking for Zelda.

Riposte

Tuck said:
The Pokemon stories are literally copy and paste. The Zelda stories aren't.

They are not literally copy and paste. They have reoccurring themes and take place during the same event, or whatever you'd call the collection of badges and the elite 4.

AniHawk

RagnarokX said:

welp, i'm an idiot

RagnarokX

Big One said:
None of those deities are worshiped, however. I highly doubt the goddess where the Hylians come from is anything other than Nayru. Zelda is associated with the Triforce of Wisdom which is the same piece Nayru represents. Nayru also gave birth to the sky as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYg7ylJKU8
Link is usually referred to as "Hero chosen by the gods." The Hylians prayed to gods to flood Hyrule. Other gods are worshipped, like Valoo, Deku Tree, and Jabun as well as the gods of wind and cyclones in Wind Waker.

Plus they were 3 separate goddesses when they created the world and left the triforce.

Caelus

Eldin is just the name of the light spirit in the province, and while it's a reference to Din, she's not the only magical being associated with it.

Smiles and Cries said:
WiiU needs a spin-off game titled Twilight Realm starring Midna, that would be so badass
no hero of Time just Midna kicking ass - that would piss off so many people :p

I would love this
I want Nintendo to make this game... that would be completely awesome.

I don't think they will, but they should!

Caelus said:
Zelda games are thematically similar, but in specifics are nothing alike. Zelda is technically dead in ST, and the goal is to find her body and restore the tracks. Different idea in SS, you're just looking for Zelda.
Well, they are similar, in that all Zelda games except for LA and MM have "rescue Zelda" as a key plot point at some time in the game, but only there really... so yeah, the real issue is that Nintendo has an unhealthy obsession with "rescue a Zelda again" as the centerpoint of their Zelda game plots. Each game apart from those two puts a slightly different spin on it, but they are all similar (though, yes, ST's spin was a bit more unique than most of the others, it is still mostly comparable).

Big One

Banned
RagnarokX said:
Link is usually referred to as "Hero chosen by the gods." The Hylians prayed to gods to flood Hyrule.
Both referring to Din, Nayru, and Farore.

RagnarokX said:
Other gods are worshipped, like Valoo, Deku Tree, and Jabun as well as the gods of wind and cyclones in Wind Waker.
No they're not. That is factually wrong on every level possible. All of those are deities but aren't worshipped, just protected and offer protection to select groups of people.

Velti

Neo Member
EEEEEEE!!!
FINALLY FINALLY THEY'RE BACK!! The sheikah are AWESOMMMEE. About FREAKIN' TIME, NINTENDO! No more granny western BS!

Big One

Banned
RagnarokX said:
You don't think their people worshipped them? Looked like it to me.

Found a list of Zelda deities: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Category:Deities
I know everyone of those characters. It's never suggested in the games that they worshipped them. Now I'm not saying they couldn't have or anything, because I actually believe they do. Hylians, however, haven't been shown to worship anything but the three goddesses. Also the relationship points I've point out are uncannily factual on every level possible, while you're proposing the extremely slim chance of it not being Nayru.

Smiles and Cries said:
Japanese manga theme when the main girl cheats on the hero with another dude

Chet Rippo said:
寝取られ, sub-genre of hentai, where a male protagonist is betrayed by his wife or lover.

Hmmm, I learn about a new sub-genre of hentai in a Zelda thread.

I'm betting that you face and fight the sky whale in your dreams/nightmare. I'm also betting that a few of the past cutscenes with Ghirahim, Zelda and Link actually occur in the Nightmares Link has since they looked like they occured on the sky whale.

If there is a Sheikah warrior, I'll be very happy.

I'm fairly surprised at how much influence they seem to have taken from TWW
(the overworlds are similar, the enemies dropping items, and Kaepora Gaebora is a pretty similar situation to the King of Red Lions)
and Monster Hunter
(Upgrade system, ferocious cats, same Day/Night system)

Also don't believe at all that Ganondorf will be back but perhaps he is in some way related to whatever Ghirahim/sky whale is doing.

Koodo

Banned
The day/night cycle thing is great! I hated having the day or night go away before you were finished doing whatever it is you needed to do during that time period.

OMG HYPE

All sounds good except the day/night and save stuff which seems like a step back. The save stuff is only like a half step back though. They should've gone the Xenoblade route - allow you to change day and night on the fly while keeping the day/night cycle (although in Xenoblade you can set specific hours) and the save system should be save anywhere and reappear where you last saved unlike in past Zeldas where if you're in a dungeon, you go back to the beginning. At least here though, you won't go back to the beginning again.

RagnarokX

Big One said:
I know everyone of those characters. It's never suggested in the games that they worshipped them. Now I'm not saying they couldn't have or anything, because I actually believe they do. Hylians, however, haven't been shown to worship anything but the three goddesses. Also the relationship points I've point out are uncannily factual on every level possible.
I'm just saying there's no reason to think that the goddess of skyloft represents the 3 goddesses or any of the 3 goddesses. It sort of makes sense that the Hylians wouldn't be associated with the goddesses yet because they haven't gone to the land they created yet. They probably don't even know about the triforce yet. OoT made it seem like few people even knew that legend by that time.

Hyrule already has provinces associated with the goddesses. We know Eldin province is associated with Din. There will likely be a Faron Province (woods) and Lanayru Province (lake).

Big One

Banned
RagnarokX said:
I'm just saying there's no reason to think that the goddess of skyloft represents the 3 goddesses or any of the 3 goddesses. It sort of makes sense that the Hylians wouldn't be associated with the goddesses yet because they haven't gone to the land they created yet. They probably don't even know about the triforce yet. OoT made it seem like few people even knew that legend by that time.

Hyrule already has provinces associated with the goddesses. We know Eldin province is associated with Din. There will likely be a Faron Province (woods) and Lanayru Province (lake).
This is a joke, right? I've already stated exactly why they would be associated with the goddesses. The Triforce also appears in various places across Skyloft.

Velti

Neo Member
The only reason I loved the organic day/night cycle was the change in lighting and the transitions. They were always so pretty.. :( Sunsets would've looked stunning in this style.

Big One said:
This is a joke, right? I've already stated exactly why they would be associated with the goddesses. The Triforce also appears in various places across Skyloft.
Why are you being so aggressive about this?

TheNatural

My Member!
Hopefully Nintendo will put some extra stuff in for a second playthrough as well, like a Master's Quest second quest. I never played Twilight Princess, but I heard you don't get anything for beating it for a second playthrough. I know Wind Waker didn't give you much, just some translated text the second time around, pajama Link, and start with a camera but it was at least something. It would be pretty cool if the second playthrough for this meant a Master's Quest type replay with a lot more difficult enemies, some changeups in the dungeons, and other things.

Big One

Banned
shadyspace said:
Why are you being so aggressive about this?
It's absolutely inappropriate to aggressively insist factually wrong statements imo. If he's going to debate at least fact-check first

RagnarokX

Big One said:
I think the province names are more blatant that an assumption based on past character associations. Link is from Skyloft too and he's associated with Farore so by your logic Skyloft goddess could be her. It makes more sense to me that she is probably some new deity being introduced for this game that gets forgotten.

Anyway, my original response was a misreading of your post as some crazy theory that the skyloft goddess splits into the 3 goddesses, and your responses to mine have been overly defensive. There were misunderstandings on both sides.

I don't think the skyloft goddess represents Nayru; for the reasons in the first paragraph above.

Top Bottom