• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleep paralysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
It's happened to me once, and I'd say the experience is worse than any nightmare could be.

I was having a dream along the lines of a tornado disaster movie, with dozens of tornadoes tearing apart a city. Frightening on its own, but it got worse when I quickly became aware I was dreaming. Naturally, I tried to end the dream, but nothing worked, and I tried to wake up. This is where I started panicking. I could physically feel the bed, the blankets, my clothes, but I was still trapped in the dream. My limbs were all dead, so I tried to physically shake myself out of the dream, and actually felt my body move the tiniest bit, but it didn't work. After failing to rouse myself numerous times, I slowly calmed down and waited for the dream to pass, and it did, after what seemed to be hours. I'd gladly go without one of these as long as I live, going through a nightmare while being aware of your surroundings, yet totally paralyzed and unable to end the dream is simply mind-blowing scary.

peach

This used to happen to me all the time when I was a kid. It still does, but not as often.

I read something once that said if you realize it is happening to you, try wiggling your toe until you wake up. This really works. It's not as scary once you realize what is happening.

Tristam

Er, yeah, I guess I didn't read many other posts but I don't get any "sense of evil," and I certainly don't see any demons or aliens. I just feel like I'm drowning or suffocating.

camel

this happens to me quite often. usaually when im napping during the day. and almost always if i crash after eating.. its terrifying as fuck. the whole time im aware im dreaming, but i can't wake myself up. or move. and theres always like creatures lurking around just out of eyesite.

This used to happen to me all the time. It doesn't happen anymore. I think I have sleep apnea, a few times a week I wake up gasping for air as if I'd been holding my breath for 5 minutes

this also affects me damn near every night. its getting reall annoying to go to sleep. am thinking of getting tested for apnea or something.. if theres anything they can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom