• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egmont

Neo Member
slowtaku3.jpg

Edit:

Haha, a ton of sites are now saying that this photo is proof that it's real. PSLifestyle has an article, "ps3-slim-is-looking-more-official-in-photos"

I think we may indeed have an unintentional hoax on our hands.

Dedication Through Light said:
lol no one (outside) could tell that was a user submitted picture?!

I only know of one item that has an official picture up months before the release of it and that is the PSPGo.
Nnnnot so much, even that had a mock-up based on the mylo 2 at best.

agaru

dolemite said:
Kotaku already has a disclaimer:
Egmont said:
Haha, a ton of sites are now saying that this photo is proof that it's real. PSLifestyle has an article, "ps3-slim-is-looking-more-official-in-photos"

I think we may indeed have an unintentional hoax on our hands.
This is one of the many reasons why GAF is awesome. :lol

Again, good job cakefoo.

For the new page:

cakefoo said:

Schrade

Gomu Gomu said:
Wow. PS3 only owners actually thinking of buying another PS3 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. While they can spend their money on another CHEAPER console and get tons of new games, they stick up to whatever fucked up fanboy shitty principals or whatever :/ .

Grow the fuck up.
You should see all the 360 owners that buy multiple 360s in case theirs breaks. Now that is what is pretty amusing.

Gomu Gomu said:
Wow. PS3 only owners actually thinking of buying another PS3 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. While they can spend their money on another CHEAPER console and get tons of new games, they stick up to whatever fucked up fanboy shitty principals or whatever :/ .

Grow the fuck up.

So you are telling people to grow the fuck up because you would rather spend your money differently?

God people piss me off.

Tutomos

bmf said:
Should be an 'eat a hat' bet. If it hit's 13 million, Zhuk has to consume a fedora. If not, you have to consume a baseball cap.

If I lose, I'll abandon whatever liitle intelligence I have and succumb to Zhuk's propaganda, and swallow Aahi Hawass's hat.

Gomu Gomu

Schrade said:
You should see all the 360 owners that buy multiple 360s in case theirs breaks. Now that is what is pretty amusing.

Same argument applies on them.

H_Prestige said:
Or maybe they don't give a flying crap about the games on other systems and there are several different scenarios where one might want or need a second ps3? Pretty funny that it pisses you off so much.

I can't see how different 360 and PS3 games are. They both have the "HD-ness and gory" feel to both of 'em. So, I find it hard to believe that one would like one console's games, and not the other? Even so, why would I blow 100s of $$ in another, yet the same, console one has?

As for the scenarios where one might need a second ps3, that's an other story.

edit:

shadowsdarknes said:
So you are telling people to grow the fuck upbecause you would rather spend your money differently?

God people piss me off.

That way of spending money is anything but smart and mature.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gomu Gomu said:

I can't see how different 360 and PS3 games are. They both have the "HD-ness and gory" feel to both of 'em. So, I find it hard to believe that one would like one console's games, and not the other? Even so, why would I blow 100s of $$ in another, yet the same, console one has?

It's the same reason people buy multiple DVD players and multiple PCs.

jakncoke

Banned
I still don't understand why people get so riled up with how other people spend their money. Just shut the fuck up already about it.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
its pretty lol worthy how some people are so obsessed with what others buy, is your life that boring that you rage at other peoples purchases?

if you buy a fleshlight i couldnt give a shit.

Gomu Gomu

jakncoke said:
I still don't understand why people get so riled up with how other people spend their money. Just shut the fuck up already about it.
Eh, you're right. F it, it's your money after all. I'm just saying, if you don't need it, why waste your money?

Gomu Gomu said:

edit:

That way of spending money is anything but smart and mature.

You can't fathom someone liking certain exclusive games on ps3 and not caring about those on the 360 or Wii? Not everyone has the same tastes.

Moreover, even if the PS3 and 360 literally shared every single game between them and the same exact gaming experience, there would be less reason for a ps3 only owner to get a 360. Might as well get a second PS3 for the bedroom or something to play games there if you need to. At the very least it's a second blu ray player which could be handy if you have more than one hdtv in the house.

ArtG said:
I looked and I got taken. :lol

oh, my bad, I misunderstood the gag. I thought the kotaku posted screenshot was shopped or something, because there was no slim-picture in the link a few hours ago.
Ok to be fair, you could think it was an (unrealistic) update by amazon, if you don't know the picture or that there is something called user-pictures on amazon ^^
Well, cakefoo now knows that his creation is truly convincing :lol

funny kotaku cut the screenshot at the point where you could read who uploaded the picture (or the information that it is not at all from amazon).

this is the account who uploaded it, apparently new.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/A1CGZZYY2V/
"15 of 28 people found this picture helpful" xD

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Someone should do a whole set and submit it to N4G. Rotate the console maybe and remove the controller or slap a background on it.

Gomu Gomu said:
Eh, you're right. F it, it's your money after all. I'm just saying, if you don't need it, why waste your money?

Well i dont need yet another shoe that does the exact same thing as the old shoe but i buy it anyway.

Loudninja

I really hope Gomu Gomu is joking.

Tiduz said:
its pretty lol worthy how some people are so obsessed with what others buy, is your life that boring that you rage at other peoples purchases?

if you buy a fleshlight i couldnt give a shit.

Seriously its really sad.

Gomu Gomu

Milk Lizard said:
Well i dont need yet another shoe that does the exact same thing as the old shoe but i buy it anyway.

Oh yes you do actually :lol . Buying shoes != Buying a gaming console.

Just drop it already.

H_Prestige said:
Or maybe they don't give a flying crap about the games on other systems

Really? I don't think any of the five current systems is at all unjustifiable as a first purchase for a given individual, but I think anyone who buys two of any one of them and doesn't own any of the other four is making a pretty wacky decision. Every system has a limited and unrepresentative library this time around.

Re: the appeal of the Slim, I don't own a PS3 yet and slimness is hardly what's going to make the difference for me (my interest here is in watching the price and whether BC ever shows up again) but I definitely find the new system dramatically more appealing visually, based on the mockups and blurry shots.

Intruder_qc

Neo Member
LOL!!!

I saw the pic of cakefoo too ;-), but I had seen it on GAF first so it made made even more :lol :lol :lol

Maybe cakefoo should made another "official" one and put it on amazon.de, maybe with different colour. Or other cool feature we would like to get on a new PS3 ;-).

Or to make people look even more silly he should add a writing on the the Konsole that says "FAKE" just beside the "PS3" on the top ahahaha :D

deepbrown

carlosp said:
haha btw. guys the pic was uploaded by my self :D i am dying over here since it was ment as a gaf joke and nothing srs.
:lol

Even the "PS3 Slim is on Amazon Germany" stories had me laughing, since anyone can add a product to Amazon...so well done for teaching them a lesson! :lol

deepbrown said:
:lol

Even the "PS3 Slim is on Amazon Germany" stories had me laughing, since anyone can add a product to Amazon...so well done for teaching them a lesson! :lol

I was wondering that. Can any amazon-user do it or only Marketplace-sellers/other non-amazon-stores? Is there a way to see if it is "official" (added by some amazon-dude) or by a user like it is with pictures?

SolidusDave said:
I was wondering that. Can any amazon-user do it or only Marketplace-sellers/other non-amazon-stores? Is there a way to see if it is "official" (added by some amazon-dude) or by a user like it is with pictures?

If it was Amazon then it doesnt say added by anyone.
Also Amazon's images will, when you click on it, bring up a window that has zoom options and just has the "Amazon" logo at the top.

If it is a users image then you can vote on it and see comments and see "Added by "username" when you click on it. User images will also have an excert on the bottom of the image saying "customer image from".

I would imagine this is the case on all of amazon's sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom