• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigcheese said:
Who's is it then?

And I'm talking about in your blood, not a plasma TV.
Oh! I thought you were talking about the plasma TV. Anyways I don't think I'd want to sell my plasma. I mean who would buy it? :p

bigcheese

Shadowlink said:
Oh! I thought you were talking about the plasma TV. Anyways I don't think I'd want to sell my plasma. I mean who would buy it? :p
They have donation centers. They pay you for it because they use it to make medicine. I get $60 a week.

VegaShinra

jiggle said:
FFXIV was also leaked
just no one(?) believed it

Agent and RE PSP didnt' though
FFXIV wasn't leaked as FFXIV, though. It was only talked about as Rapture in more detail. The announcement that Rapture was FXIV was a big announcement to many.

skulpt

Man, you guys think about it.... Sony has put out a console a year later without a power brick and managed to be the first to reach it to the slimming down. Not bad at all. I wonder actually if they have a brick now to cut down costs and size as well? This gen for me, MS have been better with the firmware updates and Sony better with hardware refinement and design. Not to flame at all, but you wonder if a 360 slim is anywhere close considering they didn't do anything with the Jaspers size wise. It almost seems that MS right now is probably just happy with having a cooler console at the current size.

VegaShinra said:
FFXIV wasn't leaked as FFXIV, though. It was only talked about as Rapture in more detail. The announcement that Rapture was FXIV was a big announcement to many.

Yea...I don't recall any real leaks about Rapture turning into XIV as something conclusive just speculation that it might be a FF or not.

jiggle

VegaShinra said:

no the leak was Square's next MMORPG would be exclusive to PS3.

skulpt said:
Man, you guys think about it.... Sony has put out a console a year later without a power brick and managed to be the first to reach it to the slimming down. Not bad at all.

Say what you want about the company itself, but they have awesome engineers.

VegaShinra

jiggle said:
no the leak was Square's next MMORPG would be exclusive to PS3.
But no one knew it would be FFXIV. So FFXIV didn't leak early. The leak was that Rapture would be a PS3 exclusive, which later became FFXIV.

jiggle

a tech demo was

which was partly why the leak didn't have many believers and the announcement was such a big surprise

_leech_ said:
Say what you want about the company itself, but they have awesome engineers.

Yea, this is what I don't get. Sony has the hardware guys down, yet lack the software. They should be taking advantage of this more. They created a beast of a machine with the PS3...I have high hopes for the slim.

Hypecube

Banned
demosthenes said:
Yea, this is what I don't get. Sony has the hardware guys down, yet lack the software. They should be taking advantage of this more. They created a beast of a machine with the PS3...I have high hopes for the slim.

wha?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Any chance at all they'll add features? A better wireless card, for example? The current one is a catastrophe in my setup.

Egmont

Neo Member
http://kotaku.com/5327710/german-amazon-lists-ps3-slim

Slowtaku_by_Kool_AIDS.jpg

Not bad, guys, not bad.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Any chance at all they'll add features? A better wireless card, for example? The current one is a catastrophe in my setup.
They can't even get 802.11g on the PSP go, they aren't gonna stick a draft-n thing for the PS3.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Beowulf28 said:
Man can Sony ever keep a secret? It seems like everything is getting leaked.
This was hard not to leak. Especially since they are not going to unveil until its close to release. It would be impossible to prevent leaking since they have to tell all the retailers as shipping could take weeks as they make sure its in the channels to be ready to sell it soon after the announcement.

Averon said:
Does the fact that Amazon listed the Slim means Sony told retailers about the Slim and when it's shipping?

No. Amazon lists similar "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" pages for dozens of Blu-ray films that haven't even been remotely announced. Such as the Jurassic Park and Star Wars films.

offshore

PistolGrip said:
This was hard not to leak. Especially since they are not going to unveil until its close to release. It would be impossible to prevent leaking since they have to tell all the retailers as shipping could take weeks as they make sure its in the channels to be ready to sell it soon after the announcement.

Apple do a good job of keeping secrets most of the time....although admittedly they don't ship to as many retailers.

Still, I do want Sony to do a Steve Jobs and announce that the slim and GT5 are available worldwide today...today being the date of their conference.

Goddammit it is it cool when Steve does that. :D

offshore said:
Apple do a good job of keeping secrets most of the time....although admittedly they don't ship to as many retailers.

Still, I do want Sony to do a Steve Jobs and announce that the slim and GT5 are available worldwide today...today being the date of their conference.

Goddammit it is it cool when Steve does that. :D
Err... that's what Sega did with the Saturn. You sure Sony wants to dredge up those kinda memories and retail frustrations?

Diagol

demosthenes said:

I'm sorry, but this part is completely false.

They lack the marketing of their software. There's a LOT of awesome-quality software that the console has, which people just don't know about. It is unfortunate, but I don't think they can afford to do as much marketing compared to the PS1/PS2 days cause of their current financial situation. :(

Hell, I didn't even know about Shatter (for example) were it not for this board. I purchased it immediately when I heard what it was about, and I love the game.

I'm personally looking forward to the slim PS3, but only if it has a price cut to go with it. Mainly because I know of a lot of people who are holding out for the slim along with the (hopeful) price cut.

Chris R

Diagol said:
I'm sorry, but this part is completely false.

They lack the marketing of their software. There's a LOT of awesome-quality software that the console has, which people just don't know about. It is unfortunate. :(

I'm personally looking forward to the slim PS3, but only if it has a price cut to go with it. Mainly because I know of a lot of people who are holding out for the slim along with the (hopeful) price cut.
Dude, just two posts above you the quoted poster clarified what they were meaning. They were talking about the PS3's operating system and other programs that run on the PS3, not games.

Diagol

rhfb said:
Dude, just two posts above you the quoted poster clarified what they were meaning. They were talking about the PS3's operating system and other programs that run on the PS3, not games.

Whoops! Been a long day. Can't believe I missed that. :lol

Ignore my post then.

uhm guys dont know if this already posted or not but according to a senior executive inside a major retail partner of Sony, Sony is set to slash the price of Sony Bravia TV's, Blu ray players and their Sony Playstation consoles this according to:

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/TVs_And_Large_Display/Industry/T9R5R7S5

At the same time that story also reports that Mark Leathan the marketing manager of Samsung's consumer electronics division is confirming that they have also been told that Sony is set to make savage price cuts.

What you guys thinks about that.

PS: Sorry if this has already been posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom