• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kletian

My prediction for tomorrow

Music Update: Star Wolf Theme (Star Fox 64)
Music Update: Sonic Boom (Sonic CD)

Only because I desperately want these themes in the game.

gwiz210

My predictions for tonight...one of the following

Super Mario Land Old-School Stage (like mushroom kingdom/mushroom kingdom 2 is melee)
with Super Mario Land 1-1 Music

Super Mario Land Music only

Galaxy Stage with music

Pokeball

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ydahs said:
So we can expect something good? :D

The 100th update was Wi-fi, correct?
All other milestone updates have been busts except for 100. I'm just expecting something good since they're likely building up hype for the Japanese launch next week.

RoboPlato said:
All other milestone updates have been busts except for 100. I'm just expecting something good since they're likely building up hype for the Japanese launch next week.

Didn't we also get something on Sakurai's birthday?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
AceBandage said:
Didn't we also get something on Sakurai's birthday?
I don't know about that one. Someone who has been keeping better track of the dates than I would have to answer that one. JIGGY SIGNAL GOOO!!!

Akai

RoboPlato said:
I don't know about that one. Someone who has been keeping better track of the dates than I would have to answer that one. JIGGY SIGNAL GOOO!!!
We got Subspace Emissary on August 3rd...

Jenga

Banned
Fireblend said:
Predicting a new playable characters, from the Mother series. Playing Earthbound really made me realize we need more of these.
Poo!

A Steel Samurai would be fine too, complete with Courtroom stage with Godot and Franziska striking the stage with coffee and whip.

RoboPlato said:

Ah, I remember now.
His birthday we got the full reveal of SSE along with a video.

traveler

Not Wario
Actually, scratch my previous prediction; assuming we don't get some 200th post megaton, I'm betting on Sheik and/or Zelda's Final Smash.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jenga said:
Poo!

A Steel Samurai would be fine too, complete with Courtroom stage with Godot and Franziska striking the stage with coffee and whip.
Masked Boy
Claus
from Mother 3 would be really cool to see.

zaccheus

Banned
since i can't make threads and its probably not worth making a thread for.. how do i play co-op in pikmin2? i see 2p battle mode, but i dont see how to get 2 players to play together.

Jiggy

By the time I actually looked up what Sakurai's birthday was, others had already gotten the right answer. I'm so proud. :D

On another note, when I said I just might be literally predicting a star-making update, I think I'll hold to that. Make stars tonight, and by stars I mean characters. Character creation tonight, baby.

Edit: My backup prediction is the next third-party character. Like I said before, the character revelation pattern's clear. :D

August 1st (single-digit) - Ike; much beloved character in an underappreciated franchise
August 13th (double-digit, tens) - Pokemon Trainer; super megaton
August 22nd (double-digit, twenties) - Diddy Kong; secondary character in a franchise that has sold fantastically

October 1st (single-digit) - Lucas; much beloved character in an underappreciated franchise
October 10th (double-digit, tens) - Sonic; super megaton
October 25th (double-digit, twenties) - King Dedede; secondary character in a franchise that has sold fantastically

January 9th (single-digit) - Pikmin & Olimar; much beloved character in an underappreciated franchise
January 14th (double-digit, tens) - super megaton of some kind!

Edit 2: And if the character super megaton doesn't drop tonight, I'll be predicting it the rest of the week as well. >_>

Tonjevic

VeritasVierge said:
For tonight (and every night) I'm predicting Zelda Final Smash and moves. It's about time.

Especially after the Coro Coro mag pics.

I honestly doubt they'll reveal her moves, or at least her down smash...

Especially after the Coro Coro mag pics.

Jiggy37 said:
Edit: My backup prediction is the next third-party character. Like I said before, the character revelation pattern's clear. :D

August 1st (single-digit) - Ike; much beloved character in an underappreciated franchise
August 22nd (double-digit, twenties) - Diddy Kong; secondary character in a franchise that has sold fantastically

October 1st (single-digit) - Lucas; much beloved character in an underappreciated franchise
October 25th (double-digit, twenties) - King Dedede; secondary character in a franchise that has sold fantastically

January 9th (single-digit) - Pikmin & Olimar; much beloved character in an underappreciated franchise
I hope your pattern holds up! I would love another character reveal this week. Ridley baby! :D

Jiggy37 said:
By the time I actually looked up what Sakurai's birthday was, others had already gotten the right answer. I'm so proud. :D

On another note, when I said I just might be literally predicting a star-making update, I think I'll hold to that. Make stars tonight, and by stars I mean characters. Character creation tonight, baby.

Edit 2: And if the character super megaton doesn't drop tonight, I'll be predicting it the rest of the week as well. >_>

Great theory Jiggy, but I think it will be broken tonight. I doubt we will see another character, espically a megaton character so close to the JP release.

Akai

BlueSummers said:
Great theory Jiggy, but I think it will be broken tonight. I doubt we will see another character, espically a megaton character so close to the JP release.
Well it'd make sense if it were a 3rd party character, for advertising...

mclem

Arguably, the date-related significant updates (100th, Sakurai's birthday) were interesting because they were updates about Smash itself, rather than updates about franchises involved in Smash. Therefore, if the 200th will be following suit, I predict something not about a character involved in Smash but about something we didn't know about Smash itself.

What would everyone want to see in a Super Mario Galaxy stage?
I want at least one that's completely different from all other Smash stages, in that knocking opponents off a planet requires you to force them out of its field of gravity rather than simply off of platforms.
Also, I want the Good Egg Galaxy and Gusty Gardens music to be in the game.

bigmakstudios said:
What would everyone want to see in a Super Mario Galaxy stage?
I want at least one that's completely different from all other Smash stages, in that knocking opponents off a planet requires you to force them out of its field of gravity rather than simply off of platforms.
Also, I want the Good Egg Galaxy and Gusty Gardens music to be in the game.
Any of the 2-d gravity changing levels, like the giant pill, or Bowser's Star Reactor. I would love Gust Gardens simply for it's visual style.

Rindain

Banned
Predicting some kind of Megaton.

If it's a character, it will either be the 3rd 3rd-party character, or Ridley. If it's not a New Challenger, I predict Character Builder, RPG elements in Subspace Emissary, or some kind of Downloadable Content.

Rindain said:
Predicting some kind of Megaton.

If it's a character, it will either be the 3rd 3rd-party character, or Ridley. If it's not a New Challenger, I predict Character Builder, RPG elements in Subspace Emissary, or some kind of Downloadable Content.

I would think the Animal Crosser would have a chance, too.

In fact, I think that AC is probably the only possible starting character remaining besides a returning character such as CF or Jiggly.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
I predict a new item ... the stars from galaxy that blasted you form planet to planet by waggle. If you throw it at an opponent they will be shot off the stage.

Jiggy

For the record, I'm mostly joking in half the posts I make in this thread. Whether that character pattern is one of those jokes, well--I'm not saying. >_>

BlueSummers said:
The theory can't be broken tonight. The whole week would have to pass before we're out of the double digit tens. :D

Rindain

Banned
mjc said:
So is it pretty much confirmed that there will be a third "third party" character revealed before release?
I see it this way: Sakurai has overdelivered in every way in terms of the huge amount of content in Brawl. Also, Sakurai has said there will be 2 or 3 third-party playable characters. I don't think there's any way that Sakurai would risk being perceived as coming in on the lower end of expectations.

Therefore, If Sakurai continues his overachieving ways, we will see at least 3 third-party New Challengers.

Jiggy37 said:
For the record, I'm mostly joking in half the posts I make in this thread. Whether that character pattern is one of those jokes, well--I'm not saying. >_>

The theory can't be broken tonight. The whole week would have to pass before we're out of the double digit tens. :D

ohh ok, well hopefully you are right. I guess I am doubting this because of the long draught between dedede and olimar. Another character this week seems insane :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom