• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of boredom, what items would you like to see y'all?

If Lip isn't in, I want a Garbage Block.

I also want...

Mint Leaf
Bottle Rocket
Spinner
Pegasus Boots
Ice Flower
Magic Rod
Item Box
Falcon's Helmet
Fireworks
Bitter Spray

plox

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
One from each series:

Mario - Frog Suit. You pick it up and throw it at someone and it forces them to "run" by making short hops.
Zelda - Spinner. Ride it and do damage.
Kid Icarus - Bow and fire arrows. Self-explanatory.
Yoshi - Magic Dust. Used by Kamek; has the potential to make whoever it's used on either big or small, but can't be used on oneself.
Pokemon - Escape Rope. Pick it up and it slings itself over the character's shoulder; activate it by pressing B (or whatever) and it brings you back to the spot you first spawned at.
Kirby - Apple. Same as the one in Green Greens, but can appear in any level.
Star Fox - Twin Laser. Doubles the damage of your projectiles (B moves only) for a short time. If you don't have any, too bad. >_> Projectile users need something going in their favor when items are turned on.
Metroid - Grappling Beam. "Throw" it and it'll pull the enemy toward you, not for a throw but to set up any other kind of combo.
F-Zero - Speed Bomb. Attaches itself to the other player; if at any time they stop moving, it explodes. (Taken from that one F-Zero GX chapter.)
Donkey Kong - Squitter, Squawk, or Rambi as an assist trophy. They attack enemies.
Animal Crossing - Bee Swarm. Take a wild guess what it does.
Fire Emblem - Angelic Robe. Until you die, you (and only you) start taking knockback as if the damage ratio were 0.9. (If you get two, it goes down to 0.8.)
Mother - Skip Sandwich. Eat it to recover 6 HP and double ground movement speed (only ground movement) for a short period of time.
Nintendo DS - Nintendo DS Lite. It opens up and tinkers with the game, adjusting the brightness and volume and the players' names, then is forced to shut down to save its settings.

If I left a series off the list, it's because either it hasn't been confirmed yet or I couldn't think of anything.

Milabrega

So am I late and is it confirmed:

The Serebii guy,
confirms Lucario as a secret playable
and
Confirms Mewtwo is NOT playable

Jiggy

JohnTinker said:
This guy has such a great track record
1) Yes, he does, albeit when it comes to Pokemon info. He's basically the premiere fansite for that series.
2) The last guy who claimed to have gotten Smash info from Serebii last time was lying and had never spoken to or even known Joe (Serebii).

Edit: That said, where's this new info coming from and how do we know it's Joe himself this time?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
JohnTinker said:
This guy has such a great track record
Someone claimed he gave false info, which is probably what you head before and ever since he has been deconfirming a lot of the "leaks" that have been springing up because he has a contact for all of the Pokemon-related stuff in Brawl. He has not given away any information himself. He's not leaking anything, just putting a lot of the rumors to rest. The Lucario/Mewtwo thing is just conjecture based off of what he has said was fake.

EDIT: Beaten by Jiggy

what

ssbbssqb9.png

(from GFaqs , hosted it somewhere else)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy Order Sol said:
According to the guy that posted that there is another row to the left with Luigi, Falco, Lucario, and another random tile. I wouldn't get hopes up though, apparently some of the art is ripped from older games and that's the biggest pic the guy has.

EDIT: Beaten, again. Guess I'm slow today.

JohnTinker said:
Calling fake on the grounds that its far easier to fake a smaller image, and stock art from older games was used for unrevealed characters

and because the characters aren't even centered on the screen, look at the player select boxes...

EDIT: even with another row, it's still an extra row off centered

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Firestorm said:
I see nothing on Serebii.net and would rather not go through the laggy mud that is SPP forums. Where was that Serebii info posted?
It's just people guessing based off of the roster lists that he has called fake on. The only things he's commented on directly are Pokeball Pokemon, he will not comment on characters and stages.

Jiggy

Edit: Er, uh, wrong thread. >_>

Edit 2: Predicting a star-making update tonight. And I think I'll be bold and claim that I mean that literally.

Scribble

RoboPlato said:
Yeah, it's this:
Ridley Picture
Case closed, another fake.

That's one of the best Ridley pics I've seen. He looks less generic there. And I can totally imagine him in Brawl looking like that.

1. Excite Truck
2. F-Zero Racecar
3. Captain Falcon's Knee
4. Roy's Fire
5. Tanooki Suit
6. Epona
7. Potion (pokemon)
8. HM Fly
9. TM Hyper Beam
10. Dirty Magazine

Jiggy37 said:
One from each series:

Mario - Frog Suit. You pick it up and throw it at someone and it forces them to "run" by making short hops.
Zelda - Spinner. Ride it and do damage.
Kid Icarus - Bow and fire arrows. Self-explanatory.
Yoshi - Magic Dust. Used by Kamek; has the potential to make whoever it's used on either big or small, but can't be used on oneself.
Pokemon - Escape Rope. Pick it up and it slings itself over the character's shoulder; activate it by pressing B (or whatever) and it brings you back to the spot you first spawned at.
Kirby - Apple. Same as the one in Green Greens, but can appear in any level.
Star Fox - Twin Laser. Doubles the damage of your projectiles (B moves only) for a short time. If you don't have any, too bad. >_> Projectile users need something going in their favor when items are turned on.
Metroid - Grappling Beam. "Throw" it and it'll pull the enemy toward you, not for a throw but to set up any other kind of combo.
F-Zero - Speed Bomb. Attaches itself to the other player; if at any time they stop moving, it explodes. (Taken from that one F-Zero GX chapter.)
Donkey Kong - Squitter, Squawk, or Rambi as an assist trophy. They attack enemies.
Animal Crossing - Bee Swarm. Take a wild guess what it does.
Fire Emblem - Angelic Robe. Until you die, you (and only you) start taking knockback as if the damage ratio were 0.9. (If you get two, it goes down to 0.8.)
Mother - Skip Sandwich. Eat it to recover 6 HP and double ground movement speed (only ground movement) for a short period of time.
Nintendo DS - Nintendo DS Lite. It opens up and tinkers with the game, adjusting the brightness and volume and the players' names, then is forced to shut down to save its settings.

If I left a series off the list, it's because either it hasn't been confirmed yet or I couldn't think of anything.

Frog Suit'd be awesome.

Yay Spinner

Fire Arrows? How 'bout Harp?

Magic Dust? Magic Rod am i rite?

Escape Rope sounds coo

Mint Leaf kicks Apple's ass :|

Jiggy

Fire Arrows? How 'bout Harp?

Magic Dust? Magic Rod am i rite?

Mint Leaf kicks Apple's ass :|
Didn't the harp turn enemies into mallets?
I don't think Kamek used a Magic Rod. >_> He sprayed some kind of bluish transparent stuff on the enemies.
I'm ashamed to say I don't even know what Mint Leaf is. :(

Sanjuro

Never heard an answer to this. Will there be any voice chat or possible support for this game? I noticed Advance Wars is first for non-friend code chatting.

Jiggy37 said:
Didn't the harp turn enemies into mallets?
I don't think Kamek used a Magic Rod. >_> He sprayed some kind of bluish transparent stuff on the enemies.
I'm ashamed to say I don't even know what Mint Leaf is. :(

1. Perhaps it could turn them into... something else!!

2. Kamek uses a Magic Rod before the Baby Bowser battle.

3. The item Kirby gets before Kaboola in KDL, that gives him infinite flight and the ability to shoot air puffs.

Malfunky

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Never heard an answer to this. Will there be any voice chat or possible support for this game? I noticed Advance Wars is first for non-friend code chatting.

There's hasn't been any mention of that, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo has mentioned they're working on a voice peripheral, so if there were any game where Nintendo would patch something like that in, Brawl would be it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Holy Order Sol said:
what

ssbbssqb9.png

(from GFaqs , hosted it somewhere else)

Why do fake-roster-makers keep making widescreen character select screens, and expect us to buy them. The character boxes will never pass the 4:3 barrier, people! Get this through your heads!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Jiggy37 said:
1) Yes, he does, albeit when it comes to Pokemon info. He's basically the premiere fansite for that series.
2) The last guy who claimed to have gotten Smash info from Serebii last time was lying and had never spoken to or even known Joe (Serebii).

Edit: That said, where's this new info coming from and how do we know it's Joe himself this time?
80zi0ky.gif

Jiggy37 said:
He could always have a bunch of crazy magic attacks that nobody can see coming because he doesn't really animate them.
That'd be pretty broken, though.
That is a great idea for an Ancient Minister move set.

How about the eggplant from Kid Icarus? :lol

plufim

"So am I late and is it confirmed:
The Serebii guy,
confirms Lucario as a secret playable
and
Confirms Mewtwo is NOT playable
"

"Yeah, because he has such a great track record"

"1) Yes, he does, albeit when it comes to Pokemon info. He's basically the premiere fansite for that series.
Edit: That said, where's this new info coming from and how do we know it's Joe himself this time?"

This is what themightyretard was saying last week. Thus, faker than Michael Jackson's face. Serebii may be reliable, but only believe what is put on his site, not "I talked to serebii and he said..." crap. If he had any info on brawl mons, he'd put it up on his site quick as a flash.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ZZZZZZZ
Stop posting all that rumor nonsense in this thread please thanks.

If y'all wanna start your own Nintendo fanbot prophecy thread by all means do so. Keep it out of here.

plufim

Fair enough, I should have just let it slide, since everyone knows it's fake.

Item want: fire/electric/etc stone from pokemon. Activating it temporarily imbues your characters attacks with that element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom