• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

Firestorm said:
Do what I do and don't pay attention to them.
I wish people would stop calling them "prophets" and just call them attention whores.

Miss Cleo works better than prophet as well. :D

KevinCow

Banned
Scribble said:
It'll be very interesting, since we've got all of the shoe-in characters out of the way (Dedede, Diddy, Olimar, Meta-Knight, Ike, etc.)
Ike? Was he ever a shoe-in character?

MisterHero said:
Spider-man is in, Superman is in, so are Jesus and Hitler

As Miis
That's fucking bullshit you liar, everyone with a brain knows Miis don't have a chance of getting in.

KevinCow said:
That's fucking bullshit you liar, everyone with a brain knows Miis don't have a chance of getting in.

I dont get why people say this...Nintendo is big about making your own mii on the wii, so why wouldn't they want to have a mii character in brawl? It makes perfect sense...

HotByCold said:
Why do you guys insist that there'll be Miis in the game?
Does the game need them?

Hello, I want to kick my friends' asses as myself! It's the closest thing you're going to get to creating your own smash character..you download Mii's from the Mii channel (vader, jesus, whomever you like) and choose which one you want to play as!

God's Beard said:
We're gonna know all the secrets before it even releses in the US :-(
Not here. I plan to go on a Brawl blackout 1 week from today until I get my already paid for copy from my bff (who insisted on buying it). Did the same for Melee after being spoiled rotten playing the demo for over a week straight when Nintendo had it's N Club. 3 or sow eek will go by in no time.

KevinCow

Banned
layzie1989 said:
I dont get why people say this...Nintendo is big about making your own mii on the wii, so why wouldn't they want to have a mii character in brawl? It makes perfect sense...
Er, it was a joke.

KevinCow said:
Er, it was a joke.

34.gif

HotByCold

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:
I hope Miis have Wii Sports based movesets.

EDIT: And you can use the Wiimote the same way as you do in WiiSports. That would be awesome.
Not happening since the game is playable with all control types, including the waggle-free gamecube control.

Wohoo, I'm a member now!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
One thing people need to learn about Nintendo is that there is always some guy out there claiming to be an insider leaking information before a big product comes out. This person is always a liar.

Nintendo. doesn't. leak.

Firestorm

sp0rsk said:
One thing people need to learn about Nintendo is that there is always some guy out there claiming to be an insider leaking information before a big product comes out. This person is always a liar.

Nintendo. doesn't. leak.

Can you imagine if this was a 360 game?
Damn. We'd know everything by now.

Yes, someone make a new thread with spoiler tags and stuff, don't put any important news on here. The full version of the game is playable at the event in Japan right now.

PkunkFury

Ouch, the same website has an article about a possible Brawl delay in Japan :\

http://wii-ds.com/article/78058425.html

Anyone who reads Japanese well want to pick through this? Sounds like shipment amounts have yet to be decided so things are looking to be behind. I think they're talking about a possible delay to ensure large enough shipments

sp0rsk said:

Nintendo. doesn't. leak.

Didn't the Melee roster leak before release ?

HotByCold

Banned
flipping_heck said:
Yes, someone make a new thread with spoiler tags and stuff, don't put any important news on here. The full version of the game is playable at the event in Japan right now.
Is this true?
Then we'll know all about it pretty soon after somebody stolen a copy of it.
I'm getting the game the 28th of January but damn I'm not strong enough to avoid the potential spoilers.
Advice gaf?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

HotByCold

Banned
Translation from babelfish:

Rumor of 繧ケ繝槭ヶ繝ゥ X "postponement" the frequency of arrival to the shop front which spreads has not been decided... also
"With severaldegrees 繧ケ繝槭ヶ繝ゥ X thing ' large scuffle 繧ケ繝槭ャ繧キツ・#133;繝悶Λ繧カ繝シ繧コ X ' sale postponing so far"
With information of the rumor which is said was published, butcoming here, it seems that 諷・it does a little and becomes the 縺・
In addition is not simply rumor, also the kind of information which supports postponement has started.

According to the 繝悶Ο繧ー "stress = stomachache" way,
Unless ' the frequency of 繧ケ繝槭ヶ繝ゥ X ' shop front arrival not yet even has been decided in the January 11 day and time point, it is thing.
In addition, with sale being postponed on November 20th last year... with the information which is done is flowing even from time before this,
If this information is correct, it means that postponement theory has smoldered at point in time of last year.

This is presumption of my fox, but because after the year opening the stock being cut off of reservation amount follows one another quickly,
Postponement of single breadth is examined in order to guarantee number of shipments whose Nintendo Co. is sufficient
... With, by kind of the fact that you say, you think with the postponement theory the latest way is whispered.

Already, in America postponement theory has surfaced suddenly, but
Now when global development of the game software became general,
If postponement theory is whispered in the foreign country, it does not mean influence to the country never zero.

繧ケ繝槭ヶ繝ゥ X ' is exhibited in "the next generation world hobby fair '08 Winter" Osaka meeting place of tomorrow opening schedule '
(Concerning the presence of report execution finally it has stuffed is about even with Nintendo Co. 繧ソ繧、繝繧ケ),
Coming here, postponement becomes more shocking ones than postponement announcement October 10th last year, probably will be.
Including the official sight, as for description of sale day January 24th. The amount where "sale due date" are not and "sale" are written,
Perhaps, it is sold... with it is we would like to think on safe January 24th, but as expected....

Guled

So we might find out the roster today:D I was expecting to know it by now since the roster for SSBM leaked around 3 weeks before it came out. Also, why are people worried about spoilers for a fighting game?

Penguin

So I'm confused.

With all these avatars did people have NSFW avatars again or is this payback for all of those who did?

Ooh and Japanese BRawl tourney.

items on or off?

RagnarokX

HK-47 said:
So Charizard's Up B is Fly. Nice, at least it makes sense unlike fucking Rock Smash, seriously what the hell
Well, Charizard is 4x weak to rock types, so a fighting move would make sense; but focus blast and brick break would have been much better choices. I wonder if Pokemon trainer EV trained it... :p

PkunkFury said:
Ouch, the same website has an article about a possible Brawl delay in Japan :\

http://wii-ds.com/article/78058425.html

Anyone who reads Japanese well want to pick through this? Sounds like shipment amounts have yet to be decided so things are looking to be behind. I think they're talking about a possible delay to ensure large enough shipments

From what i gather, there could be a delay, mainly because there are hot rumours that the US game is delayed (NOT CONFIRMED DAMMIT), the guy is hopefuly though because the release date on the website hasn't changed etc...

tbh, i think the Japanese release date is fine, its already got commercials and stuff.

KevinCow

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Nintendo. doesn't. leak.
Wasn't Melee's roster leaked a week or so early?

nli10

Guled said:
So we might find out the roster today:D I was expecting to know it by now since the roster for SSBM leaked around 3 weeks before it came out. Also, why are people worried about spoilers for a fighting game?

Because it's an Exploration when you play through by yourself, unlocking oddities as you go.

I'm going blackout from the first sign of spoilers, and then sticking to the Dojo itself only until launch. Then trying to avoid it all until the UK release (I know - years probably...).

TreIII

flipping_heck said:
From what i gather, there could be a delay, mainly because there are hot rumours that the US game is delayed (NOT CONFIRMED DAMMIT), the guy is hopefuly though because the release date on the website hasn't changed etc...

tbh, i think the Japanese release date is fine, its already got commercials and stuff.

And it is fine. Some one at Smash Boards was at the Hobby Fair, and they confirmed that the 24th date is sticking for JP Smash. You can find the gist at BrawlCentral.

So, yay for importers like myself who would be royally bummed if the game got pushed back again in JP. :D

And as for the Hobby demo...only Dedede and PokeTra are new to the character list.

sp0rsk said:
Guys, this is not the thread for this stuff, take it somewhere else.

Can we finally start the official thread, or make some thread for 'leaks' discussion?

I mean I realize this thread is strictly for Dojo updates, but the closer it gets to release date we're getting alot've info from multiple sources (magazines, websites, etc.).

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Holy Order Sol said:
Didn't the Melee roster leak before release?
KevinCow said:
Wasn't Melee's roster leaked a week or so early?
Some of us knew long in advance but were still shunned nonetheless. I'm sure this time someone will emerge as being correct, but we won't know that until a couple weeks from now.

Fireblend

Banned
So a is there going to be a Japanese release thread and then an official thread or should we have an official thread by the time it comes out in Japan? :p

Firestorm

Fireblend said:
So a is there going to be a Japanese release thread and then an official thread or should we have an official thread by the time it comes out in Japan? :p

I don't see the need for two threads considering the game comes out two weeks after the Japanese release in North America. Mario Galaxy had one worldwide thread didn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom