• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Well, I guess I just got owned with my delay talk. I didn't think it would happen. At least the stage looks awesome. Is there any news of a Japanese delay?

EDIT: I am sorry to the guy who said there was a delay a little while ago.

FUCKING A Sp0rsk, I DIDN'T WANT TO BE FUCKING RIGHT. But I knew I was.

I HATE YOU NINTENDO. I HATE YOU SO MUCH. THERE ARE NO FUCKING DELAYS IN THE COMPLETION OF THE GAME. PROVE IT.

TreIII

Japanese date seems to be pushed back to the following week (1/31/2007).

Looks like the delay is all around...but the JP audience seems to only have to wait another week...

Ezduo

Banned
VegaShinra said:
Delay is MArch 9th. Confirmed.

VaderNo.jpg

SantaC

Gold Member
MrCheez said:
It's so cruel that when we were originally two months away from the release of the game, they push it back two months.

Then we are a month away and they push it back another month.

There is no excuse for this. I don't care about production problems or shortage problems... everything should have been planned and in line. Yes this is emotion speaking, but it really doesn't seem that difficult to be able to actually launch a game on time when you ALREADY RESET the launch date once!

very disappointing indeed, wtf nintendo...I guess we have to bode with more shitty updates now :(

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I must reiterate Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I have been telling my friends a delay was pending. Hope for the best expect the worse. I told the guy at gamestop today and he swore they would not do it.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Okay, seriously, what's with the early updates lately?

And delay. Blargh. What did we do to deserve this? I can't even get excited about the awesome stage, this update is such a downer.

There's no excuse, Nintendo. No excuse.

Fireblend

Banned
Jan. 31 for Japan, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: J-Gaf, what does it say here? http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2008/080115.html

Google translation:

Wii exclusive soft "X SUMASSHUBURAZAZU large brawl"
Announcements release date postponed

Our products are expected to favor the賜りましThank you.

Now, only Wii soft "X SUMASSHUBURAZAZU large brawl" is the target date for release in Japan on January 24, 2008 (Thursday), it is our goal to develop the completion遅れましfor example, I regret to postpone the release date a week, the same year, on January 31 (Thursday) and we will certainly let you know.

You wait in your dealership and everyone is very OKAKEITASU We will be with the understanding賜りたくThank you very much for your patience with business interruption.

Feep said:
I believe ALL OF MOTHERFUCKING GAF owes me an apology.

Also, the next time I say something, maybe you guys'll listen.
Listen my friend, it was a lot harder to PREDICT this than it was to have insider information. GAF respects insiders because they feed its need for info to use in console wars. But that's about all GAF gives.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Feep said:
I believe ALL OF MOTHERFUCKING GAF owes me an apology.

Also, the next time I say something, maybe you guys'll listen.

No one ever called you a liar straight out, we were just questioning you. And you honestly don't expect to be questioned when all you offer is "Hey guys, I have a mysterious source!"? Seriously, let's not be silly.

But either way, congrats on the accurate info. Even if it is the worst info ever :mad:

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
Hell, am I the only one who could see SSBTCG being bigger than PokéTCG?
I hope it would be a DS game.

...Because I know I'd blow entirely too much money on pieces of paper if they were physical. :(

Cioran

Well, this is disappointing to say the least. I think I'm going to take a break from both the Dojo and this thread for the next few months...

Thanks for the entertainment guys!

celebi23

Damn, the US have had SSBB delayed a total of 4 months since it's original release date. :( Fucking Nintendo. Plan everything out & then announce a release date only when you ARE SURE you will actually meet said date.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
本作『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX』は、完成の遅延のため、
日本国内の発売日を2008年1月31日(木)とさせていただくことになりました。
一週間の延期となります。
発売を心待ちにしている方々には、心よりお詫び申し上げます。
ご迷惑をおかけしますが、いましばらくお待ちください。よろしくお願いします。

I take it Japan's new date is Jan 31st. Not nearly as bad as ours.

CoolS

MEGATON!!! :lol :lol :lol

At least for me. I love seeing all the outcries about the delay here and people asking: WHY?

My answer: SHUT THE HELL UP! The delay probably means Europe will get the game EVEN later!

Edit: It just keeps getting better :D

dyls

I don't buy this "completion of the game" bullshit at all. This is a shortage of discs problem, I guarantee it. The pre-orders in Japan hit a certain level, NCL realized they hadn't allocated enough discs for the Japanese launch, took discs allocated for the NA launch, and left us waiting an extra month.

I just don't understand how there can be production problems on DVDs. It's completely inexcusable.

Beautiful stage, though.

A tear just ran down my cheeck..seriously. I had that following weekend all planned out. It was my friends birthday and we were having a huge smash party! The release date was so close and its taken away from me again. Mentally...I cant handle any more delays :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ...fellow gaffers, ive lost it.

_Alkaline_ said:
Many people ignored or mocked me when i told them Brawl was going to be delayed, but I guess I was right, huh?
I was mocked too,

...but the fact that we were both right does NOTHING to take away from this F'ing INJUSTICE. I know the game is finished Nintendo. Why not just tell us the real reason? Is it because you want more money bags than we have already given you? HMM?

March 9th.....fuck. Now I'm going to be out of the country when the game comes out. So much for taking it with me to visit friends in Australia. Fuck.

You people are morons if you trust Nintendo release dates. Nintendo is a piece of shit when it comes to keeping their word. Remember when Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers and Metroid Prime 3 were all going to be released the same year? Remember when Metroid Prime 3 was supposed to be a launch title? It goes on and on.

celebi23

Didn't the game go gold in Japan? What could another move do? Shouldn't it be localized by now? And all of the bugs worked out by this stage? This doesn't make ANY sense at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom