• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

AlternativeUlster said:
This stage is fucking awesome. Fuck it. With the delay, I can now have more time to play No More Heroes and fuck guys, Advanced Wars comes out not so long before it too and you know that you aren't going to complete that by the time Brawl comes out. Everyone settle down.

I don't play handheld games at home. I play them while on public transit. When I can't be playing Brawl.

;_;

Shinobix

82kcbih.jpg

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Duderz said:
No.

We have no evidence that this delay will better the game in anyway, and announcing it with less than a month to go (with no megaton I might add) is just low.

Someone mentioned in the other thread that it might be because they don't have enough discs made to even meet even the preorders and I would assume that would be it because the American audience is more crazy about Brawl than the Japanese are.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The Dutch, French, Spanish and Italian Dojo sites have the pikmin stage update, but english ones havent, so I cant read anything about the stage :(

Firestorm

I pre-ordered on March 8th last year. I think I'm definitely first in line at my EB. I should be getting a copy. This delay does not help me in any way!

Duderz

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:
Someone mentioned in the other thread that it might be because they don't have enough discs made to even meet even the preorders and I would assume that would be it because the American audience is more crazy about Brawl than the Japanese are.

Not enough discs?

Really?

I agree with the other theory posted in the same thread - Nintendo will be better able to ship more Wiis in March along with their biggest game of the year.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
zaccheus said:
i bought pikmin 2 yesterday

quite possibly one of the best games ive ever played.

maybe for therapy everyone in this thread should buy pikmin 2 tomorrow

even if they already own it

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
MrCheez said:
maybe for therapy everyone in this thread should buy pikmin 2 tomorrow

even if they already own it
I really should buy it. I've not player either of the pikmin games!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I do not know whats more shocking the hilarious wikipedia edits or all the people on gaf who cant believe that people would stoop so low... there are much worse things than being defamed by a bunch of teenagers on wikipedia.

GDGF

Soothsayer
AlternativeUlster said:
This stage is fucking awesome. Fuck it. With the delay, I can now have more time to play No More Heroes and fuck guys, Advanced Wars comes out not so long before it too and you know that you aren't going to complete that by the time Brawl comes out. Everyone settle down.

:lol

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Duderz said:
Not enough discs?

Really?

I agree with the other theory posted in the same thread - Nintendo will be better able to ship more Wiis in March along with their biggest game of the year.

It is just a theory but I think the more Wiis for March is more suitable but then again, there will be more Wiis in April but then more Wiis in May, etc. and etc.

Jiggy

MrCheez said:
If only the Wii was region-free, I'd be all over an import copy of the game.
Region-locking. One very strong area where DS > Wii.

ggnoobIGN said:
We didn't even get a megaton out of it.
In fairness, last time we got delay news, people were complaining because Sonic had come just two days before and that made the news even worse.

MrCheez said:
Did some NOA employee wake up in the middle of the night recently with a cold sweat and the epiphany: "OH SHIT I think Brawl is going to be really popular!!!!"
I literally LOLed at this idea, but honestly I'm not sure it's off the mark. NOA's pretty incompetent with marketing and stuff. >_>

Absinthe said:
I'm telling you, Wii Fit is to blame. Nintendo has been pegging Wii Fit as either a January or February release. I think it's fairly obvious that the game is going to be released in February and Nintendo's paranoia and business practices delayed Brawl.
I like the slightly reworked wording of a banned catchphrase. :p On another note, if Wii Fit is legitimately the reason Brawl's getting delayed, or even if its release date ends up looking close enough for that to be a feasible explanation, I'm sure I won't be buying it.

...Wait. I wouldn't have been buying it anyway. Foiled again.

Jiggy

Eteric Rice said:
Stage reminds me of LBP for some reason.
The depth of field effect does it for me. And the color scheme in general, somehow.

Being reminded of LBP is a very good thing, though!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Regarding Delay.

Zeed said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ahhhhh.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pikmin Stage?

lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg

Just one teensy tiny month. I'm sure you can all handle it.

MThanded

Arthas said:
Just delayed by 1 week? Pfff, come to PAL land and learn the true meaning of 'delayed'.

Thats the japanese version. 1 month for us estadounidense/ NAers.

Stuneseht

With this delay, I have a feeling that this is going to be the last good smash Bros game.
Nintendo is going all out on this one, I mean with all the stuff that's already in the game; what's more to add?

Capndrake

Another delay elsewhere and still not even a damn first date for Europe, I'm starting to think we get it in 2009.

And stop calling German Dutch, there is no Dutch Brawl site.

Stuneseht

Today marks the day were I stop looking at updates and get my circadian clock back into rhythm. I look forward........ to.... playing the game....in...MARCH!!!!

No this isn't a spoiler tag that will contradict what I just said, I'm serious

MThanded

Avoiding spoilers will now be impossible. The launch dates are separated by more than a month. Are some of you planning no internets for a month now?

eli-manning-confused-giants-qb.jpg

MrCheez

Sooo I wonder if the japanese version of the game will include a full english option... pretty sure Melee did...

HMMMMMM

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fuck avoiding spoilers, time to import me a Wii!

Japanese VC titles here I come!

Yep, this is totally one of those spoilers where I correct what I just said. I don't have $500 to waste on Smash a month early and the three or so VC games I'd want to play in Japanese. But spoilers? Bring 'em on!

gimz

Stuneseht said:
With this delay, I have a feeling that this is going to be the last good smash Bros game.
Nintendo is going all out on this one, I mean with all the stuff that's already in the game; what's more to add?
they dont need to add anything, they just need to port it to the DS

Jiggy

Man God said:
And it's not even a full month--it's exactly 28 days, exactly four Sundays after where it was.

On another note, where does cvx's cheering girl come from, anyway? Or, maybe more relevant, who in the world is she?

MThanded

gimz said:
they dont need to add anything, they just need to port it to the DS

A DS smash game would be end game for me. Portable smash!! Also, I dont care about spoilers I will be watching every damn uploaded tournament video I can find on youtube trust me.

MrCheez said:
Sooo I wonder if the japanese version of the game will include a full english option... pretty sure Melee did...

HMMMMMM

It's tempting to mod my wii for this, but then people that imported RE4 had their systems bricked last time....

I don't think that the NA delay have to do with the game itself but i think due to the hardware shotages NA is facing. Maybe they can manage enough hardware to launch along with smash.

MrCheez

Mockingbird said:
It's tempting to mod my wii for this, but then people that imported RE4 had their systems bricked last time....

This is what I'm worried about :( Their needs to be some sort of wii freeloader...

Jiggy

MThanded said:
A DS smash game would be end game for me. Portable smash!!
Since Sakurai likes taking advantage of every possible feature, what if the next megaton is that you can use Brawl to upload to the DS--

--no, no, that's too optimistic to be considered even in jest. Never mind.

Jiggy

Mockingbird said:
So February isn't considered a month now?
I think the only time a difference of 28 days between two days would be considered a month is if those two days were February 1st and March 1st in a non-leap year. I mean, if the delay had been from (say) December 3rd to December 31st, I don't think people would call that a delay of a month, and that's the same number of days.

But maybe I'm just trying to make things seem at least the tiniest bit better than they are.

Edit: Oh hey, I'm in this Brawl delay thread instead of the other Brawl delay thread. >_> Oh well. Moving this post into the previous one isn't going to stop this from being a double post anyway, so I'll just leave it.

Tristam

Man God said:
Regarding Delay.

Pikmin Stage?

lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg

duderon's old av has been the face of sales threads for months. Who is this gal? She's pretty cute!

PkunkFury

the point of this delay was to kill everybody in the Eastern time zone. Seriously, I'm sick of staying up until 2:00-3:00 am every day since May. The hype for this game has been very fatiguing. I really don't care anymore.

Plus, I'll now have to spoil the roster for myself. 2 weeks was going to be hard enough to wait, but 5 weeks, I don't think I'll make it

Jiggy

Man God said:
I'm going the spoiler route as well, yet for some reason, I bet I'll still be up at 2. Oh well.
My sleep cycle's been permanently screwed up by the Dojo, I'm fairly sure. I mean, it's been messed up since the site began on May 22nd, 2007.

So, uh, who's cvxfreak's Resident Evil girl person thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom