• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

turk128

crowphoenix said:
Ei, Japan gets flicked in the nose with the middle finger, we get comic slapped, Europe? Nintendo's gone for the sledge hammer.
Mmmmmm.... Sledgie.

It's really interesting how diverse the reactions are to this delay: many react in rage while some find kindred spirit in fellow sufferer... and then there's those who feed on the tears.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
I just got a phone call about my preorder. The guy was like "I'm calling about your Dairanto..." "yeah dude I know, it totally sucks" "Yes it does" "Thanks for calling though" "okay goodbye"

That's nice.

Play-asia just gave me an email update today, as well.

But ah well, it's all good. It's just that now, that week was supposed to be joyous for you and me is now going to be a bitter, long week until we reach the real goodness the following week. :lol

[Nintex]

The smash boards outbreak and Wikipedia edits are just pathetic. I think Sakurai is already done with the game but Nintendo needs some more time for the production and the translations. It seems that they're working on a tight schedule.

JCX

Moz La Punk said:
If Nintendo doesnt bring Pikmin to the Wii they're the masters of not using technology for full potential.

especially since Miyamoto said (before unveiling of the wiimote) that the new controller would be good for pikmin.

Teasel

oh god i hope this doesn't mean we get a week full of lame updates... well it's true that we already wasted them all with the 2 month delay but still
i also don't understand why it's a week delay for japan but a 3 week delay for the us
(on another note,the guy selecting the updates must be having a really hard time)

Dash

Holy shit, that Pikmin stage is beautiful. It makes me want to go back and play Pikmin 2 for the first time :D.

As for the delay, I can live with it. So long as it comes out at the same time in Canada, and Nintendo doesn't pull a Rockband -_-.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Well, this really really blows :( But I'll survive, at least Lost Odyssey, DQ Swords and hopefully Rez HD will hold me over.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pikmin stage is visually appealing. With the onions, and pellets, there are sure to be a lot of items on this stage which will probably cause a lot of people headaches. I don't mind items so much though.

RedShift

I expect this has already been pointed out, but the can in the background has the smash symbol on it
stage22_080115a-l.jpg

What i like about this stage is that it's not a bunch of platforms in front of a garden - it's actually in the damn garden. I wish more Brawl levels were like this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder if there is going to be some kind of US bundle offered. It seems odd that if they were already updating that same section of the site they wouldn't put $49.99 in there unless that isn't going to be the price. I doubt the standalone game will be more than $50 so here's hoping we get a little something else with it.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Just in case you gents missed my post from the other thread:

Djarum @ SA said:
The word I am hearing is that it was delayed due to problems with online play. Something came up bad in the last bit of large scale testing and they are trying to fix it before it is released.

I would imagine it is better for them to delay the game for a couple of weeks and have a pain free first couple of weeks for online play instead of having every jackass bitching on internet about how Nintendo can't do online right or how it is fucked up.
Djarum @ SA said:
I got a source, who is connected and proven reliable in the past.

The last bit of online play testing brought up a bit of problems with the servers. I was not told exactly what but it is serious enough to delay the release of the game until it is sorted out. After they get it fixed for Japan you are going to have a delay while the changes and whatnot are translated and implemented for the US software.

The discs/game is already done and printed. I imagine there is a warehouse or two in Japan that are full of copies at this moment. It all has to do with the online servers. Like I said before, I would rather delay the game as Nintendo than have a ton of problems with the online portion. This even more important as this is the first "real" game that has real online options and play.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Avrum said:
That Distant Planet has a distinct LBP feel/look to it.

Me likey! ^_^
Really? I thought it looked like Pikmin for some reason.

Let's argue about who ripped off who, since there must have been ripping off going on here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
RedShift said:
I expect this has already been pointed out, but the can in the background has the smash symbol on it
stage22_080115a-l.jpg
Smash Cola?

Day 1.

Avrum

Crushed said:

Let's argue about who ripped off who, since there must have been ripping off going on here.

I don't even know where to begin...

...did you actually grasp all that out of my comment? Or is that just your own standalone commentary going on there?

Twig

Banned
Crushed said:
I know you're just being "Crushed", but he does have a point. It's probably the whole 2D thing plus the blur in the background, etc.

Pikmin is so awesome.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Avrum said:
I don't even know where to begin...

...did you actually grasp all that out of my comment? Or is that just your own standalone commentary going on there?
I was actually making a lighthearted joke.

That Pikmin stage is gorgeous! I can't wait to play on it. :(

As for the delay: The issue of working out kinks in the online structure makes more sense to me, then anything business related. It seems to be the only thing that could be worked on, independent of the game itself, as well as something that would take much longer to fix in U.S. then it would in the Japan.

I wish there was someone here with experience in that sort of thing to chime in.

Avrum

TheOneGuy said:
I know you're just being "Crushed", but he does have a point. It's probably the whole 2D thing plus the blur in the background, etc.

Pikmin is so awesome.

Thank you, I'm not implying anything here (although as you said, maybe it's just Crushed being him) but it just reminded me of that game. Of course it's still Pikmin, I mean damn, Bulborbs are roaming the garden for gosh sake!

RoboPlato said:
I wonder if there is going to be some kind of US bundle offered. It seems odd that if they were already updating that same section of the site they wouldn't put $49.99 in there unless that isn't going to be the price. I doubt the standalone game will be more than $50 so here's hoping we get a little something else with it.

I was thinking the same thing. Definitely would not surprise me to see either a "limited edition" or, even better, a microphone included for online voice chat with friends.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Speevy said:
Nintendo planning to unleash "Rage" on US population confirmed as cross-promotion along with playable Leon character.

I can see it now.

"Most of the world's population has been turned into hideous zombies. So it seemed only appropriate to include the world's finest zombie slayer in the game! Leon S. Kennedy joins the Brawl at last! With his survival instincts and arsenal he's a formidable fighter, but can he withstand the likes of Mario?"

Followed by:

"Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to 2009.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience."

RedShift said:
stage22_080115a-l.jpg

Smash Soda, I'd fucking buy it.

In fact I wish it were real.

Nintendo needs to pimp this game more...

did wonders for Halo 3.

Jiggy37 said:
I hope it would be a DS game.

...Because I know I'd blow entirely too much money on pieces of paper if they were physical. :(

That'd be awesome - Nintendo could have basically any character playable, since there's less complications in making a character playable (ie, Angry Sun could be playable in SSBTCG, but not SSBB).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Love the new stage, only thing I'm kind of disappointed on is that the background seems to be a bit blurry, is this a stylistic thing?

Vlad

djtiesto said:
Love the new stage, only thing I'm kind of disappointed on is that the background seems to be a bit blurry, is this a stylistic thing?

I imagine it's a stylistic thing. The background is supposed to be a rather large area, relative to the size of the players, and the blurriness gives it a nice depth of field effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom