• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Cyan said:
This drove me nuts at first. Especially the throws.
Yeah, same. I could get by real easy with 90% or more of my moves being throws in the N64 game. They were pretty broken there, in hindsight. :lol Especially the uberness of Kirby's throw in Hyrule Castle.

TreIII said:
Nope, if the recent reports I've heard are true, THAT (which was discovered at e4a) is either gone, or heavily modified as well.
Oh, awesome. :D Might make Jigglypuff even more fantastic than she already was, since her aerials have like zero lag anyway. Break the game, Purin, for great justice!

Anyway, predicting the Subspace Emissary power up update for Friday. I was going to predict Bomberman/Lloyd/Third-Party Character like I said I would throughout the week, but then I realized why the previous newcomer pattern which may or may not be totally coincidental and mean even more nothing at all than twenty Crushed posts full of Fox and Snake may not be holding up:

August 1st - Ike
August 13th - Pokemon Trainer
[August 17th - Peach, non-newcomer]
August 22nd - Diddy Kong

October 1st - Lucas
October 10th - Sonic
October 25th - King Dedede

January 9th - Pikmin & Olimar
[January 16th - Sheik, non-newcomer]

The week of no Dojo updates is to blame! Normally we would expect a hyper megaton character in the tens, but since everything's kinda sorta one week behind, the "tens" update could come as late as the 25th. After all, look at where we'd be if there hadn't been that break: Olimar would have been on the 2nd (much closer to the 1st like Ike and Lucas), and Sheik would have been on the 9th.
Thus, I'm pushing back my Bomberman/whoever prediction to the 23rd (Wednesday is the usual character day), and the 30th will also get a well-received character due to being the day before the Japanese launch.

We should have a GAF tournament separated into 2 teams - Proponents of Wave Dashers vs. the Wave Dasher Haters just to prove that despite no wave dashing we still own :D

scottnak

MisterAnderson said:
We should have a GAF tournament separated into 2 teams - Proponents of Wave Dashers vs. the Wave Dasher Haters just to prove that despite no wave dashing we still own :D
What about those who don't care either way? :O

RagnarokX

An interesting final smash, sure-fire damage to everyone but little chance of smashing.

6q1j1wj.jpg

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hey! I liked that film! D:

Does this mean that every single stage has its own nighttime sky? That must've been a lot of hard work.

..wonder how that'll work in the Pictochat stage?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lemme be the first to plainly say this: FUCK Wavedashing.

Don't get me wrong, I used Luigi always and I used wavedashing to get out of dire situations or brag in front of friends of that "uber" skill, but hell it is not needed and will not be missed. Thank God it isn't in here (I hope).

*Queue tournament players whining and crying*

justchris

ShockingAlberto said:
So

The top two posters in this thread should be the first to fight each other online

And we pair off like that down the list.

I still say we should have a league, and let each person choose the paramenters of the next tournament based on when they joined the league.

Golden Darkness said:
sheik.jpg

Use Zelda’s down special move to transform into Sheik! Once you do so, you’ll have access to a new character completely unique from Zelda.

Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game.

sheik_080116a-l.jpg

sheik_080116b-l.jpg

sheik_080116c-l.jpg

sheik_080116d-l.jpg

Sheik's Special Moves
Standard Special Move Needle Storm
Side Special Move Chain
Up Special Move Vanish
Down Special Move Transform
Final Smash Light Arrow

Sakurai never fails. :)

TSA said:
sheik_080116b-l.jpg

Yes, they're dangling. Those ain't manpecks.

Oh ho ho ho. Finally. No debating it. Sheik has boobs. She's a girl. Killing that debate before it ever begins. I couldn't stand anyone who thought Sheik was a guy in OoT or Melee.

You have to admit that the lame graphics of the N64 masqued it a little bit more then this pics.

turk128

SuperAngelo64 said:
SO GUYS, WHO LIKES TONIGHTS UPDATE, HUH??!

WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THE UPDATE TONIGHT AND DIRECTLY FOCUS ON IT AND NOTHING ELSE?!
Which Pikmin is male and which female? And what does that say about Captain Olimar? Or is he like Captain Jack who swings every which way with multiple partners (of various species)?

SantaC said:
so is olimar a secret character?

As we are getting closer and closer to the Japanese launch, I would imagine we're going to start seeing more of the hidden characters. My guess, he's one of the first unlockables in SE.

And that is a great Final Smash.

Olimar's final smash is so cool. I can't wait for Pikmin 3 to hit the Wii! :D

Jiggy37 said:
-Pikmin the series makes 5 updates already, skipping right along past Yoshi, Animal Crossing, and Ice Climbers and meeting up with Sonic. Will the hedgehog be the next to fall before Olimar's late-to-the-party update-speedrun wrath?
It's funny seeing Pikmin already surpass so many in the update department. :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Michan said:
I wonder if it'll be the Pikmin bugs that appear in each one of the stages with his FS, or if there will be different "scaaary wild beasts" for each stage?

Metroids on Metroid stages, Goombas on Mario stages, Octorocks on Zelda stages, etc.
That would be cool.

I wonder if Olimar's Final Smash is gonna just call Bulborbs or if we'll see Snargrets, Wollywogs, Beady Long Legs, and Firey Blowhogs too.

Man I want to play Pikmin so bad right now... :lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
eh ok I watched that recent Smash Bros trailer because it's supposed to have the Ouendan guys as an assist tropy, but all I saw was a quick glimpse of an actual trophy in the collection. So what's the deal? Didn't I pay enough attention in the trailer and are they confirmed as an assist trophy or not?

Darunia said:
eh ok I watched that recent Smash Bros trailer because it's supposed to have the Ouendan guys as an assist tropy, but all I saw was a quick glimpse of an actual trophy in the collection. So what's the deal? Didn't I pay enough attention in the trailer and are they confirmed as an assist trophy or not?
No one said assist.

Oh my... oh my gawd.

Just watched the extended commercial thing, this game is going to last forever.

This game will be game of forever.

Although the dumb part, watching that just made the delay shatter my heart a 2nd time over. :(

Why must they hurt me so. :( I want it so bad.

Teasel

so...
Battlefield - mini master hands
Delfino Plaza - pianta mafia
yoshi island - shy guys
lylat cruise - bunch of airwings
bridge of eldin - those annoying goblins
smashville - tom nooks children
rumble falls - crocodiles
skyworld - eggplant wizards
castle siege - wyverns
warioware - giant wario noses
pokemon stadium - uh pokemons
battleship halberd - kirby bad guys
shadow moses island - those mini metal gears from snatcher
new pork city - pigs of course
pictochat - an army of badly drawn penis
the summit - pterodatyl
norfair - metroids
mario circuit - a bunch of angry blue shells
frigate orpheon - space pirates

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
The inclusion of Olimar in the new advert makes me question whether or not he's a secret character now. I imagined the lack of media with him in certified that he wasn't going to be in the starting roster.

If they were going to show any secret characters I would've imagined they'd show someone either a) really REALLY huge and popular, like Snake and Sonic (which they have) or b) a safe bet kind of secret character that everyone expects to be in, like Luigi, Jigglypuff or Falcon.

SexConker

Banned
Why is there no Leon, with an Ashley / Ada assist trophy?

:(

With the game so close to release (in Japan...), will the Dojo be giving us many more characters / megatons? Surely with the final game in reviewers hands (in Japan...) we should have a virtually complete roster / AT list / etc soon.

Right?
Please?

TreIII

SovanJedi said:
The inclusion of Olimar in the new advert makes me question whether or not he's a secret character now. I imagined the lack of media with him in certified that he wasn't going to be in the starting roster.

I thought that the general rule that Sakurai had was that, if they're on the DOJO, and NOT Snake or Sonic, they would be starters. If that's the case, then everyone that we see on the DOJO, sans those two, are what we can expect to see on the roster upon booting up the game.

Jiggy

moku said:
:lol I read the thread title, and the first thing I thought was;

"The crazy bastard went and did it. Newcomer: balance board"
If we get Newcomer: Nintendo DS, I will not be complaining at all. In fact it might just end up becoming my main character and be completely broken--since DS is, after all, so awesome that it's known for totally beating the pants off of every other system ever. :D

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
If we get Newcomer: Nintendo DS, I will not be complaining at all. In fact it might just end up becoming my main character and be completely broken--since DS is, after all, so awesome that it's known for totally beating the pants off of every other system ever. :D

...Not if we bring his ancestor, the SNES into the picture... :D

But seriously, I'm still trying to picture what the hell the DS Symbol could entail. I'm just really hoping that if they do some how make a DS playable, they don't make him lame, like "Game Boy" was in that Captain N cartoon. :lol

TreIII said:
...Not if we bring his ancestor, the SNES into the picture... :D

But seriously, I'm still trying to picture what the hell the DS Symbol could entail. I'm just really hoping that if they do some how make a DS playable, they don't make him lame, like "Game Boy" was in that Captain N cartoon. :lol

It's totally going to turn out that the final boss of Brawl is a grown up, grizzled Captain N. I will flip a shit.

Jiggy

DS is right on the verge of beating out SNES for me. It hasn't gotten there yet, but there's so, so much on the near horizon that I think it's going to take over as my favorite ever within--oh, say, eight months maximum.

♥♥♥ DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom