• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duderz

Banned
Having recently finished Radiant Dawn I'm really hoping we get more Fire Emblem related stuff from that universe beyond Ike and a generic Castle Siege stage.

I just want more Fire Emblem in this game.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Superangelo is making the spoiler thread.

IF YOU POSTED SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD, TAKE EM OUT. OR I WILL.

TreIII

Zeed said:
Impressive detective work.

Agreed. You had to have actually go through the trouble of watching the vid again (which means you had to be very bored), to catch this.

So, impressive...but also quite due to dumb luck. :lol

Firestorm

I'd love a Sonic stage tonight.

Anyone notice the videos and music feel a lot different listening for the first time at night compared to again during the day a few weeks later?

I had chills listening to Sonic remix and Sonic intro music/video the first time :D
Stupid childhood. Why must Sega rape it. I mean, it takes a Nintendo game to make me nostalgic.

Nintaiyo

Jiggy37 said:
I for one will take
Jigglypuff
into the final Subspace Emissary battle if they let me. Forget all those other hero wannabes.

On another note, time to go update the anathema characters list to reflect gloating over pity for haters of some of the now-confirmed characters.

Congrats on post #55555.

Anyway, you heard the man. As much as I'd like to see this thread hit 2000 pages, I'd rather it not be full of shit.

kamikaze

Zeed said:

thread was locked earlier today because it was off-topic. keep posts relevant to the dojo updates or face the wrath of sporsk.

stage tonight seems reasonable...i'm thinking it'll be another character wednesday.

CTLance

Zeed said:
Sporsk locked this here thread for a while.

Quite shocking, actually. I was very close to pming him and asking about it. Doubt he'd have liked that, either. :lol

Edit: Drat, Kamikaze got the better of me.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
CTLance said:

Quite shocking, actually. I was very close to pming him and asking about it. Doubt he'd have liked that, either. :lol
He told me that Canada is to blame for it.

And it wasn't really about off-topic either. Well, not primarily.

Sciz

Firestorm said:

Anyone notice the videos and music feel a lot different listening for the first time at night compared to again during the day a few weeks later?

I had chills listening to Sonic remix and Sonic intro music/video the first time :D
Stupid childhood. Why must Sega rape it. I mean, it takes a Nintendo game to make me nostalgic.

Watching Sonic beat the tar out of Mario in time to the music still brings a smile to my face, but I don't grin like a maniac through the entire video like I did the first couple
dozen
times.

I'm really ticked about Geno being left off the roster, but I guess I'll get over it. This is probably the final Smash Bros. game, at least for a good 5 years right? *sigh*

Economan

Jiggy37 said:
I for one will take
Jigglypuff
into the final Subspace Emissary battle if they let me. Forget all those other hero wannabes.

On another note, time to go update the anathema characters list to reflect gloating over pity for haters of some of the now-confirmed characters.

Said before, but gratz on 55555!

Vlad

RagnarokX said:
Oh, so it looks even more like I was right about the Katrina sticker as evidence of an Animal Crossing character. Yay :D

Not necessarily. Just because there are certain stickers that only work with characters from the same series, that doesn't mean that every sticker will have playable characters from that series. For instance, I remember seeing a sticker a while back that was a picture of one of the instructors from the original Pilotwings.

Now, I'm sure that it's possible that there's a Pilotwings character, but I think we can all agree that it's not particularly likely.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
RagnarokX said:
Oh, so it looks even more like I was right about the Katrina sticker as evidence of an Animal Crossing character. Yay :D
Not so fast. There's still the fact that Katrina has a stat bonus that is clearly only applicable to certain characters, and an AC character wouldn't even be one of them.

RagnarokX

Vlad said:
Not necessarily. Just because there are certain stickers that only work with characters from the same series, that doesn't mean that every sticker will have playable characters from that series. For instance, I remember seeing a sticker a while back that was a picture of one of the instructors from the original Pilotwings.

Now, I'm sure that it's possible that there's a Pilotwings character, but I think we can all agree that it's not particularly likely.
Every exclusive sticker we've seen so far can only be used by characters in the same series. I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that Katrina sticker can only be used by AC characters.

Zek said:
Not so fast. There's still the fact that Katrina has a stat bonus that is clearly only applicable to certain characters, and an AC character wouldn't even be one of them.
1. We don't know what the AC character's moves would be.

2. We don't know what Magic Attack means in the context of Brawl yet.

I wonder if stickers could be applied to Assist Trophies as well. Are those even in the story mode (Blanking, duh) other than as a storyline item?

Jiggy

How did I not notice I got post 55555 until others pointed it out. AWESOME. <3
And thanks for the mentions guys! :D

Especially because the post number in a thread, unlike the page number in a thread, perfectly circumvents those custom rules people who set the forum to 100 posts per page. :p Default Settings 4 LYFE--oh, wait. In Smash Bros. that would make for two-minute Time matches. Well, uh, I guess you could say my hardline stance in favor of default settings had a short "lyfe."

TheKingsCrown said:
Are the spoilers about new characters??? Are these characters megaton worthy? Are they unexpected?
I'm not even sure how much of this I can answer without getting in trouble, but I'll try? Edit: On second thought, no I won't. I'm great at being vague, but I'm not about to tempt fate on this one. >_>

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Crushed said:
He told me that Canada is to blame for it.

Excuse me, were you addressing me?

Firestorm said:

Actually, for me, the magic is retained every time I watch a video or listen to a song. In fact, I can watch the original Brawl trailer on Youtube with the original press audio intact and, my goodness, it's like watching it for the very first time. The chorus of "YEAH!"s that accompany Pit's entrance brings a smile to my face. Every damn time.

Also, congratulations to Jiggy on post #55555. Nobody deserves it more, I say.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
RagnarokX said:
Every exclusive sticker we've seen so far can only be used by characters in the same series. Kirby's cell phone can only be equipped to Kirby characters, Groudon can only be equipped to Pokemon characters, and Kumatora sticker is only equipable to Mother characters. I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that Katrina sticker can only be used by AC characters.
Unless, of course, there is no AC character...

1. We don't know what the AC character's moves would be.

2. We don't know what Magic Attack means in the context of Brawl yet.
I have a very hard time thinking of any plausible AC character that would use Magic. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Magic is referring to a damage type, considering that there's also a category called Slash.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm so glad this thread is back open, I about pissed myself when I saw what happened.

CTLance said:

Yeah me too, but I didn't want to be permabanned =P

RagnarokX

Zek said:
Unless, of course, there is no AC character...

I have a very hard time thinking of any plausible AC character that would use Magic. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Magic is referring to a damage type, considering that there's also a category called Slash.
Of course it's a damage type, but we still don't know what constitutes magic. The golden tools are certainly fairly magical.

C'mon guys, we just got this thread unlocked, take spoiler discussion elsewhere! As for tonight's update, I'm predicting either a new stage, or some music.

Odrion

Banned
Kandinsky said:
Why the fuck people keep talking about Geno, that guy/thing sucked:lol

Man, im so happy :(
Oh man, you know who I want? That retarded looking naked thing that no one used in Super Mario RPG!

Not that I wouldn't mind him (unlike Krystal or whatever) but it's pretty odd that so much people want him.

Firestorm

TheKingsCrown said:
Are the spoilers about new characters??? Are these characters megaton worthy? Are they unexpected?

Most important question: Should I avoid them?

They aren't that unexpected.

Amount of them from Melee:
Amount of them that are new:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom