• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jamesinclair said:
1) Stickers: I wonder if theres anyway to separate sticker collections by players. AKA: My collection, GFs collection, Sisters collection
It's likely that stickers will be attributed to the name that the control settings are set for.

Jenga

Banned
jamesinclair said:
1) Stickers: I wonder if theres anyway to separate sticker collections by players. AKA: My collection, GFs collection, Sisters collection

2) I wonder if Rareware items and trophies will be in the game. Remember the "TBA" game trophies (perfect dark zero).
1. Might actually be possible.

2. Yeah, pretty impossible imo, except for maybe stuff that has to do with the original PD or DKC games

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Revealed last week actually and it makes her transform into Samus again. Doesn't do any damage iirc. This was revealed at E for All.
I think Japanese players having the latest build said ZSS' final smash does do significant damage if it's used correctly.
I guess when one's playing 2-minute matches all the time, it would be pretty tough to get a final smash as Samus and then another one as ZSS, and still manage to connect decently with it...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
IM predicting 9 new characters tonight. Perhapses this photo can lend some insight.

kirbyfortressjpeg.jpg

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
SomethingAwful said:
One of the characters included in the game is Kirby, who featuers special moves such as "never having starred in a good game" and "being yet another childish gaming mascot that should have died in 1998".

No. Just no.

Although I'm having urges to make avatars out of half of those pictures. Especially the Ratchet and Iron Man Kirbies. So adorable.

Fireblend

Banned
Maybe tonight we're getting one of the characters confirmed yesterday? I wonder if they already have the future updates laid out or if Sakurai actually thinks everyday about what each update is gonna be(that must be fun).

If he actually takes the time and thinks about what update goes up each day and is aware of the fact that those characters got leaked, maybe he'll start confirming them on the Dojo now that it's known, unless some of them are unlockables, that is... I know he's decided not to try hard to prevent spoilers, but I doubt he'd reveal unlockables other than Snake and Sonic.

Although now that Ness is in, I could see Lucas being the unlockable instead of him...

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Fireblend said:
Maybe tonight we're getting one of the characters confirmed yesterday? I wonder if they already have the future updates laid out or if Sakurai actually thinks everyday about what each update is gonna be(that must be fun).

If he actually takes the time and thinks about what update goes up each day and is aware of the fact that those characters got leaked, maybe he'll start confirming them on the Dojo now that it's known, unless some of them are unlockables, that is... I know he's decided not to try hard to prevent spoilers, but I doubt he'd reveal unlockables other than Snake and Sonic.

Although now that Ness is in, I could see Lucas being the unlockable instead of him...

The updates are supposed to be planned months ahead of time, according to translators like Trinen.

Fireblend

Banned
Crushed said:
The updates are supposed to be planned months ahead of time, according to translators like Trinen.
Months ahead? Wouldn't that be too much? At least I'd guess the screens are from updated versions, and not some beta from October. That would also lead us to say the latest updates correspond to what was coded last... Oh and I have no idea who Trinen is.

Burli

Pringo
TheGreatDave said:
Guys, I don't want any spoilers, but are the leaks making people happy or sad?

I'm fine with leaks as long as they're not displayed in places I shouldn't really be seeing them. Such as joy-stiq, and this thread.

God, the other two threads are unbearable. I mean, I don't want to sound like I'm an elitist or something, but it's a shame we can't have a decent, sane, smash speculation thread.

Anyway, I'm predicting a stage again for tonight.

Sharp

Probably another Assist Trophy, just because. Or stage, for that matter, if the number being bandied about is to be believed.

I wish Sakurai would do one big update about things fans of picked up outside of the dojo to get them out of the way.

if not that, I would really like a music update.

music updates have always been good.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It might have already been mentioned, but I was doing some quick research, and it seems that there were 14 announced characters before Melee shipped out. So if Sakurai follows the same pattern, we should still have like 11 or so unlockable characters left (also assuming he doesn't announce any other characters).

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Man is it ever tempting to look at that spoiler thread. I'm probably gonna go crazy one of these 47 days waiting for this damn game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I predict an update tonight announcing everything from the spoiler thread and a message from Sakurai at the end that says "NO MORE UPDATES FOR YOU!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to believe at least one of those confirmed characters is going to show up this week.

Might as well let it be tonight.

HURGHT

GSG Flash said:
Man is it ever tempting to look at that spoiler thread. I'm probably gonna go crazy one of these 47 days waiting for this damn game.
The only information actually relevant to the topic is probably in the first 8 pages and original post of that thread. It's derailed into some sort of vitriol, now, to the point of being absurd.

It seems odd to ask for more, but I'd like to see a game mode tonight.

My pessimistic prediction is for an AT we already know about.

scottnak

How about a "Everything you need to know about this game is somewhere out there on the internets! Go find them my minions!" update.

That being said, lets go for a stage!

Innotech

Banned
GSG Flash said:
Ill give you a hint. Some people are chuffed about the possible nonexistence of what might or might not be a character from a highly popular japanese franchise.

Milabrega

Going to predict the final roster and menu screens again tonight.

and uh the spoiler thread just got interesting incase you guys bailed out at the whining/and which version of gannondorf is better battles.
realistic looking screens of the japanese disc and starting roster

Batten down the hatches boys. If the pics in the Spoiler thread are real, (Which they appear to be) than a disc has officially made it into "the wrong hands". I predict it'll be on the web by morning, meaning spoilers galore from here on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom