• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi

Banned
This update coincides with the webcomic of the proof of Shiek's gender. Not mine btw.

1a3760d6a8.png

pulga

Banned
The post about the diff. Final Smashes above just made me notice Wario is a recipient of a fair lot of Final Smashes :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
pulga said:
The post about the diff. Final Smashes above just made me notice Wario is a recipient of a fair lot of Final Smashes :lol
I also just noticed that Wario's sleeping position (see Peach's FS) is based on the beginning of Wario Land 2. Talk about being a little slow.

mclem

Danthrax said:
Only the US one says that, the other languages still say daily.
Clearly the EU site will continue to get daily updates which equate to a string of clues leading to the identity of the European release date.

On a Monday we'll get a month. Tuesday will be the first 2 of the year...

That'll be the worst Thursday ever.

webrunner

Before it's brought up, I realized a while ago the reason why Zelda and Sheik have the same final smash - since you can switch at will, having them both have a different ability would be unfair, essentially giving the character a choice of final smashes.

It's the same with Pokemon Trainer, even though Pokemon Trainer's makes a lot more sense in context without the reasoning.

CassSept

Lmao lockii, thats awesome:lol
@Update: Nice effects, and as awesome as all other FS's (great list Ganondorf>Link :))
@Leaked List:
Noooo :( No Ridley :( Imo StarFox gets too many chars. But anyway, nice @ Lucario and Mr. G&W returning, AWESOME at R.O.B. :D. Overall, despite no playable Ridley (i hope boss battle with him is epic!), list of playable chars is awesome.

coreycubed

Neo Member
CassSept said:
Lmao lockii, thats awesome:lol
@Update: Nice effects, and as awesome as all other FS's (great list Ganondorf>Link :))
@Leaked List:
Noooo :( No Ridley :( Imo StarFox gets too many chars. But anyway, nice @ Lucario and Mr. G&W returning, AWESOME at R.O.B. :D. Overall, despite no playable Ridley (i hope boss battle with him is epic!), list of playable chars is awesome.

Leaked list? Do you mean prophecies? They're two different things. Otherwise, show pics or --- never mind, it's probably better if we don't know.

Keep it on topic people. spOrsk may be sleeping now but soon he will return with FURIOUS ANGER!!

I have to say I will miss this thread when it will finally die or (most likely) be locked. Was lots of fun!
Some time left though.

I really like the Zelda/Sheik final smash. I hope it makes the sound it does in the N64 games. Sounded kinda glassy.

I really like this final smash. From the blast radius looks like it will be fairly easy to avoid, as it's simply a straight line, so I'm guessing that this is a very fast final smash.

Edit: Man, after reading the spoiler thread and playing Star Tropics, I've come to the relization that I would kill for Mike Jones to be a playable character. Just think, your standard attacks are all Yo-Yos. Forward B would be either the Bolo or the baseball. Down B would be the magic mirror. Standard B would be the baseball bat. I'm not sure what up B would do yet, but hey.

Wii-za

Nice FS!

Hey guys since when has this been in the Dojo:

"Screen shots on this site are all under development and subject to change."

I've never noticed it before...

Wii-za said:
Nice FS!

Hey guys since when has this been in the Dojo:

"Screen shots on this site are all under development and subject to change."

I've never noticed it before...

Makes sense, seeing as some of the older shots don't even have shadows.

I still say we need to have some sort of first day/week tourney on GAF. I think it'd be alot of fun to see who on this board could walk away the best. Maybe two, so we don't get into some arguments. Everyone just signs up for how they want to play.

Not really on topic, so I will simply stress for the third time that Zelda's final smash is bad ass.

crowphoenix said:
I still say we need to have some sort of first day/week tourney on GAF. I think it'd be alot of fun to see who on this board could walk away the best. Maybe two, so we don't get into some arguments. Everyone just signs up for how they want to play.

Not really on topic, so I will simply stress for the third time that Zelda's final smash is bad ass.

I say first week. I wanna finish subspace and have at least some hidden characters/stages unlocked by the time we do this.

Jiggy

A first day tournament might be hard to swing with everybody having to get their friend codes and then punch in three dozen others all on time. >_> Which sucks, because I would have been totally up for it as long as I could unlock Jigglypuff in time (she's still in, believe).

Anyway, as for the Dojo, I'm predicting Board the Platforms and the Board the Platforms Creator. Tuesday is, after all, the most frequent day for both game modes and double updates.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Anybody know if you could play people randomly online or friends only with the 10+ digit friend codes :( Tried searching

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Shiggy said:
Will we get a new Zelda stage or only the temple?

Considering every franchise in Melee except for the really old-school and limited stuff (Game and Watch and Ice Climber) had at least two stages, I'd be very surprised if there were fewer than two new stages per franchise this time around, again except for limited and old franchises. I don't see Ice Climber getting two stages unless Icicle Mountain returns and I doubt that. Kid Icarus is iffy and I don't see what they could do with Wario aside from the WarioWare stage, since almost all of the Wario content is from WarioWare. Mario will easily exceed two new stages. Zelda and Kirby might; I can see Kirby getting one for each of its representatives: the Halberd for Meta Knight, Castle Dedede for King Dedede, and a Green Greens-style stage for the puffball.

I'd say that every other franchise will get two stages, plus any returning Melee stages.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
ZSS Final Smash was also quietly revealed on the Dojo last night. It's called the "Power Suit Samus". Now, what that means/does is another question.

webrunner

ggnoobIGN said:
ZSS Final Smash was also quietly revealed on the Dojo last night. It's called the "Power Suit Samus". Now, what that means/does is another question.

It performs Crystal Flash from Super Metroid, sucking up stuff around it, damaging people caught in the flash, and gives ZSS her suit back.

Firestorm

If there's a Day 1 tournament, I won't be organizing it. Someone else do one. This is your chance for items FFA tourney gogogo. I'll do the Singles one later on down the line.

ggnoobIGN said:

Revealed last week actually and it makes her transform into Samus again. Doesn't do any damage iirc. This was revealed at E for All.

NTom64

ggnoobIGN said:
ZSS gets her power suit back. That's about it :lol

It was in one of the E for All videos a while back.

JKBii

ggnoobIGN said:

Samus gets her suit back.

JKBii

ggnoobIGN said:
I believe it means the Power Suit returns to Samus.

JKBii

ggnoobIGN said:
In a video from E for All we found out that Samus gets her suit back through this final smash.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
LOL, did you really have to tell me three times, JKB? :lol

Didn't realize that. Thanks guys. I kind of only pay attention to the Dojo. Should have realized she was playable considering Samus was.

I just thought of two questions

1) Stickers: I wonder if theres anyway to separate sticker collections by players. AKA: My collection, GFs collection, Sisters collection

2) I wonder if Rareware items and trophies will be in the game. Remember the "TBA" game trophies (perfect dark zero).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom