• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
MisterHero said:
I want to see Barbara the Bat from an awesome DS game that should have come to America
I still can't fathom why Band Brothers never came over. It's extremely marketable. Heck, it would have been a lot easier to sell than EBA. Anyway, it's good to see some part of the game making it into Brawl.

MisterHero

ratcliffja said:
I still can't fathom why Band Brothers never came over. It's extremely marketable. Heck, it would have been a lot easier to sell than EBA. Anyway, it's good to see some part of the game making it into Brawl.
--It's a new Nintendo IP with interesting characters (!)
--Extensive music creation suites (you can save MIDI music!)
--you can play with friends and simulate different instruments (Rockband before there was Rockband! though with humming instead of singing)

this would be a great step forward after Electroplankton. :(

MisterHero said:
--It's a new Nintendo IP with interesting characters (!)
--Extensive music creation suites (you can save MIDI music!)
--you can play with friends and simulate different instruments (Rockband before there was Rockband! though with humming instead of singing)

this would be a great step forward after Electroplankton. :(
Exactly. It's just mind blowing that we get so many obscure DS games over here, but we can't get Band Brothers. It's still my favorite DS game and it breaks my heart that there was never an American version.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
RoboPlato said:
I'm thinking Jigglypuff will show up tonight.

I was thinking this today too, actually.

It's almost certain we have the full starting roster on the Dojo now, so we're definitely going to start seeing unlockable characters soon. (Other than Snake and Sonic of course, who were already revealed for marketing purposes..)

If tradition holds, Jigglypuff will be the first unlockable in the game... sooooo

If not this week, we should be seeing her fairly soon I bet!

Jiggy

Jigglypuff bandwagon go go go! :D (Even though I also predicted Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Ness simultaneously.) I needs a new avatar for the rotation, oh yes oh yes.

Edit: Also I just want to see a general celebration for the update that would have been the final one before the original Japanese release date.

I predict another item, music, stage, or a super game mode :p

No character since the whole "leak" in the other thread.

Maybe a "how-to" video or somthing. A Video of the stage creater would be nice :D

Jiggy

Awesometastic Mario stage. :O

Ah, the Mushroom Kingdom. Most Smash players will recognise this place from previous games in the series, where the world was represented in a pixel-art style reminiscent of the original Super Mario Bros.

But why the "y" on the end of "Mushroom"? What’s the difference?

stage23_080123a.jpg

Oh, so that’s why!

This time around, we’ve designed a stage that recreates the layout of World 1-1 in Super Mario Bros. – but with rich backgrounds added to the mix.

stage23_080123b.jpg

The stage scrolls forward at a leisurely pace.

stage23_080123c.jpg

Pieces of familiar scenery scroll by.

The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years, and it is now your battlefield.

You’ll get to enjoy a wide range of familiar structures. Also, since the stage slowly scrolls sideways, battles here will require you to come up with a very different strategy for winning.

Oh, and when you select this stage, it will occasionally load an alternate underground stage!

stage23_080123d.jpg

This is the famous World 1-2. This one’s also quite charming.

Ah, the Mushroom Kingdom. Most Smash players will recognise this place from previous games in the series, where the world was represented in a pixel-art style reminiscent of the original Super Mario Bros.

But why the "y" on the end of "Mushroom"? What’s the difference?

stage23_080123a-l.jpg

Oh, so that’s why!

This time around, we’ve designed a stage that recreates the layout of World 1-1 in Super Mario Bros. – but with rich backgrounds added to the mix.

stage23_080123b-l.jpg

The stage scrolls forward at a leisurely pace.

stage23_080123c-l.jpg

Pieces of familiar scenery scroll by.

The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years, and it is now your battlefield.

You’ll get to enjoy a wide range of familiar structures. Also, since the stage slowly scrolls sideways, battles here will require you to come up with a very different strategy for winning.

Oh, and when you select this stage, it will occasionally load an alternate underground stage!

stage23_080123d-l.jpg

This is the famous World 1-2. This one’s also quite charming.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
This may be the third Mario level, but this is quite possibly one of the best stage updates on the Dojo. I like how the old stomping grounds are in ruins now.

KevinCow

Banned
Awesome update. The stage kicks ass, and I love the music.

I wonder why the Mushroom Kingdom's turned to ruins, though? Maybe that'll be explained in the SSE...

Scalpel Knight said:
I'm tired of all that character roster nonsense, so I'm hoping for a nice stage or music update tonight.
You are winner!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Hey Jiggy, since this is kind of a double stage update (since the game occasionally loads an entirely different stage when chosen), are you going to count this as an unofficial triple update? :D

The music may be a remix of what is quite possibly the most overused song in video game history but it's still nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom