• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreIII

- Playing Classic Mode, and getting Jigglypuff as a result
- Playing one route of SSE, and reveling in its awesome
- Try a Few Event Challenges
- Deduce a way to unlock
Lucario
- Take my Wii and Smash to play with pals...and let the good times ROLL, repeating any of the above steps as warranted. :D

-Getting together with friends playing Brawl all night
-Trying out every character
-Playing co-op SSE mode
-First online match
-Gaf tournament
-My first win from betting online
-Finding out about trophies/stickers we dont know about
-bascially EVERYTHING!

ant1532 said:
-Turning off items
-Unlocking Final Destination

Enjoy the game. :D

First things i will do:
- Play Pikachu (was my first character i picked for SSB and melee, will continue on with it)
- Go through classic mode with Pikachu then try out SSE
- Find as many trophies, stickers, stuff as i can get
- Then try out the other characters!
- I will try online after i unlocked everything, but if i feel that its taking too long, i go online whenever i want!!

Holy Order Sol said:
Had your question been "what are you going to do first", I wouldn't have been able to answer.

Oh I know what I will do. Immediately go to training mode and try out all the characters. After a few hours of that, I will go to SSE.

The problem is that I don't know WHICH character to try first. Probably Ike.

I've decided what the first thing I'm going to do is for months:

Play a vs. match as Mario against a computer-player Bowser to the Castle Siege stage.

Timeless battle between enemies with beyond epic background music.

Fireblend

Banned
-Unlocking every character
-Unlocking every stage
-Unlocking every extra mode
-Trying to get every trophy just to give up months later
-Beat the SSE
-Beat it again in co-op mode
-Watch all SSE cutscenes
-Playing as Sonic
-Playing as Lucas
-Finding out if
Ness'
moveset has changed
-Beating
Lucario
to a bloody pulp
-Listening to every song on the music mode
-Play with the stage creator
-Playing online for the first time
-Online tournaments
-Play through the events
-Set up an epic Mario vs. Sonic fight in Mushroomy Kingdom
-Play pokeball-only battles.
-Save screenshots

Well the spoiler thread was locked. One of the reasons being "paranoia" of the list being fake..only thing is THERE WAS NO PROOF! Just blind belief.

Twig

Banned
BlueSummers said:
Well the spoiler thread was locked. One of the reasons being "paranoia" of the list being fake..only thing is THERE WAS NO PROOF! Just blind belief.
You wanna get this thread locked, too?

led4lyfe

I'll be using Lucas
until I unlock Ness

Then my friend and I will do battle with
Ness vs Fox.
I remember when we both first got SSB back when we were kids we'd spend all summer having one on one battles no items, on the star fox map. We couldn't play on any other map because of unfair advantage (
Ness is God on DKs stage, but is suicide king at saffron city
)

First, my prediction for tonight: A how to play mechanic of some sort.

Now then...
Jiggy37 said:
What are you all looking most forward to doing in Brawl after you get it?
-Playing against all of my friends. I'll probably pick Mario first, as my tradition demands.
-Give Ike and Pokemon Trainer a try.
-Give everyone else a try.
-Kick all of my friends out but one and play the hell out of SSE (with co-op).
-Unlock a bunch of stuff.
-Playing online
-Stage builder

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jiggy37 said:

Posting in the Official (NA) Brawl thread and handing out cookies and milk to the PAL folk.

- Play every inch of this game. Just like Sakurai said.

- Try To Keep up with Custom Stages supplied by Nintendo

- Convince my bff she needs to buy this game (she's angry at lack of third party)

BlueSummers said:
Why would it be? Because people beleif two posters with no proof? Last time I checked that was a rumor.
Not so much that, but simply arguing about the spoilers in the first place will derail the thread even worse than it normally does, which will make sp0rsk upset.

I don't mean to single you out, but I'm betting this is the reason why both the Dojo thread was locked, and the spoiler thread is now locked.

Firestorm

BlueSummers said:

What?
The thread was locked because:

1. it was a shitstorm
2. sp0rsk doesn't want to moderate it
3. discussion of pirated games is banned and that's what it's going to turn into soon

Why are there people who insist on playing with no items on Final Destination?

Talk about defeating the purpose of playing an SSB game over any other fighting game in thefirst place.

Jiggy37 said:
1. Going through Classic as Samus.
2. Going through Classic as Olimar. As I understand it, he's playable from the beginning.
3. Playing SSE.
4. Playing co-op
with a woman

Oh, I guess I'll play some matches with my sister in between (1) and (2). She seems excited for the game, especially now that Shiek is confirmed.

Firestorm

Guybrush Threepwood said:

Talk about defeating the purpose of playing an SSB game over any other fighting game in thefirst place.

Why do people play with items on Hyrule Temple?

Talk about defeating the purpose of playing SSB over Power Stone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Here we go again.

I used to play on Final Destination with no items. There's nothing wrong with it. When you go to someone's house and they want to play WITH items, and you complain, then there's something wrong with it.

We've been through this over 9000 times. Stop it.

Holy Order Sol said:
We've been through this over 9000 times. Stop it.

In all fairness, I've only started posting in this thread yesterday. Cut me some slack.

Doogles: That is why I asked. I have a couple friends who complain whenever we play with items in SSBM, and it kind of gets annoying.

Keru_Shiri said:
Not so much that, but simply arguing about the spoilers in the first place will derail the thread even worse than it normally does, which will make sp0rsk upset.

Because we all know how hard that is.

</sarcasm>

Keru_Shiri said:

I don't mean to single you out, but I'm betting this is the reason why both the Dojo thread was locked, and the spoiler thread is now locked.

Well it just makes me upset when people take rumor and make it fact. Instaed of locking it, people shouldnt have posted in it until an acutal leaked happended. Now we have no where to discuss it when it does leak.

ant1532

Banned
I might import Smash and mod my Wii just because that weekend would be ridiculous with everyone over all night and day and it would all be innocent which would be nice for a change.

In all fairness, I've only started posting in this thread yesterday. Cut me some slack.
I'll save you some trouble: The size of and duration of this thread has spawned virtually every discussion, argument, or controversy imaginable regarding the Smash Bros. universe. If it's Smash Bros. related, and not yesterdays update, you can guess we've argued it to death, and have not found a reasonable solution. :D

Firestorm

Doogles: That is why I asked. I have a couple friends who complain whenever we play with items in SSBM, and it kind of gets annoying.

Ok. Here's a tip: Don't troll.
Another tip: Any possible discussion on smash that wrecks topics has been done many times on this thread.

Smash Bros. fans are bigger manbabies than the Halo fans were.

Some highlights include:

NO ITEMS
YES ITEMS
ARRRRGH NOT KRYSTAL
SAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAI
NO ITEMS
"FUCK THOSE LITTLE ESKIMO SHITS" (actual quote, delivered by - I believe it was SuperAngelo - when Someone was not announced and the Ice Climbers were and he had a thread-wide ban bet riding on it)
SAKUUUUUUUUUUUURAI OWES US A CHARACTER
NOVEMBORE D:

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
What do I want in Smash? I mentioned this in the spoiler thread, but I'll retype it and expand on it because I'm cool bored like that.

-Open the shrinkwrap. This is practically a thing to look forward to in itself.
-Remove the game from the case.
-Eject Galaxy/Metal Slug/Geometry Wars/whatever instantly obsolete game I have in the Wii.
-Insert Smash.
-Try out Lucas for the very first time. :D :D :D
-Play through Classic mode with Lucas and unlock Jigglypuff.
-Try out Puff, Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.
-Play through the entire SSE, in one sitting if possible.
-Find out how to unlock everyone.
-Unlock everyone.
-Master Lucas. Relearn and adapt to new Kirby and Ness. Learn Meta Knight and Dedede later.
-Experiment with everyone; old favourites (Mario, Capt. Falcon), and try out newcomers.
-Event Mode.
-Create some chaotic awesome stages.
-Get slaughtered by all of you online.
-Break some Targets, Board some Platforms, Race to some Finishes, and create new ones of each.
-Gamble a bit in Spectator. Who needs Vegas?
-Epic Mario vs. Sonic match in Mushroomy Kingdom.
-Spend hours just listening to the Sound Test and reading trophy descriptions.
-Pass out from exhaustion and dream of sweet, sweet Brawl.

Jiggy37 said:
-Playing as Zelda, pausing, and zooming in on her... ...shoes. No, I'm serious. It seems pretty clear to me that they're flat boots, which makes her automatically better than Melee Peach, Brawl Peach, Zero Suit Samus, and Melee Zelda combined.

From anyone else, I'd consider that weird and/or eccentric. It seems oddly fitting for you, though.

BlueSummers said:
Well it just makes me upset when people take rumor and make it fact. Instaed of locking it, people shouldnt have posted in it until an acutal leaked happended. Now we have no where to discuss it when it does leak.
I'm sure another thread will be made, or that one will be unlocked. Or, it'll just be discussed in the Japanese release thread, as I think sp0rsk already made it clear that it would be spoiler-city.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Because we all know how hard that is.

</sarcasm>
Hey, c'mon now! He's just this guy, you know?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The fact of the matter is, the leak already happened. Believe, get over it, move on.

This thread is for dojo updates.

When the game comes out in Japan, J-gaffers will make a thread, it will be for J-gaffers or anyone playing the Japanese version legitemately. We will post impressions and there won't be any of this OFFICIAL THREAD OFFICIAL CUSTOM GIF BANNER!! crap. In a month or so, you guys can make your own "official" thread and post all the retarded crap you want.

BTW: I heard someone from Nintendo who is involved with the game approves of my modding in this thread. SuperAngelowned.

sp0rsk said:
The fact of the matter is, the leak already happened. Believe, get over it, move on.

This thread is for dojo updates.

When the game comes out in Japan, J-gaffers will make a thread, it will be for J-gaffers or anyone playing the Japanese version legitemately. We will post impressions and there won't be any of this OFFICIAL THREAD OFFICIAL CUSTOM GIF BANNER!! crap. In a month or so, you guys can make your own "official" thread and post all the retarded crap you want.

BTW: I heard someone from Nintendo who is involved with the game approves of my modding in this thread. SuperAngelowned.

I actually LIKE the RUMORED list, so its not like im trying to move on about it. Unless there is visual proof of this list, then its just a rumor and just because you believe it dosent make it true.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
But you're not going to share it with us or even give us the slightest indication of where this proof originates, of course.

For the record, I believe the "leaked" roster. It sounds legitimate enough. I just find it odd that we can't even get the slightest hint as to where this leak originates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom