• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlad said:
WARNING TO EVERYBODY TRYING TO AVOID SPOILERS

Stay away from Gametrailers. I've been completely unspoiled on secret characters aside from the three revealed through Nintendo's sticker video error, but there's some video titles linked on the site's front page that spoil one of the other secret characters.

It's gonna be a long month for those of us trying to remain unspoiled.

:( I'm just trying to avoid as many SSE spoilers as possible. I would like to see the hidden characters, but it's a damned minefield out there.

Des0lar said:
Fuck Europe. Seriously guys. Just fuck it.
How the hell am I supposed to stay away from spoilers?
I bet we will have to wait till christmas D:

I heard something about australia getting it in July. Europe can't be getting it later then Australia atleast. And if we are I'l import from down under =P

Vlad

Manabanana said:
:( I'm just trying to avoid as many SSE spoilers as possible. I would like to see the hidden characters, but it's a damned minefield out there.

Well, without saying too much... the same thing applies. There was a minor SSE spoiler on the front page as well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Well, we have Ice Climber, Balloon Fight, and Clu Clu Land music confirmed... think there's a good chance we'll get the Wrecking Crew theme?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Now I remember what yell dead cell sounds like. That track is fucking brilliant.

I'm trying to find battle of the base music because I cant remember it.

I was all set to try and avoid character spoilers...... until they broke my heart and delayed the game again. >_>

</3

And decided Japan deserved it so many weeks before I could play it.

I'm not that strong Nintendo.

Anyway, I want to know what other Sonic songs are gonna be in now. The one they had on the Dojo was aaaaawesome. Sonic has some really memorable music.

I'm just so happy the Twilight Princess theme is gonna be in it, now just need Midna playable.... or assist trophy I guess.

Teknoman

You would think with Sonic in, there would be some Sonic related assist trophies. Snake gets Grey Fox...so how about some Eggman,Knuckles, or Tails action.

Core Zero

Have the lyrics/translation for the Intro music been posted anywhere? I looked and couldn't find anything. I know the Fire Emblem ones were on the Dojo.

I can't believe there's 101 pieces to start. And those don't even include some we know are in (Angel Island). I definitely hope an OST gets released in the US.

Conrad Link said:
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Tails one.

Pretty sure a Tails AT was seen at E for All or something. Seems like I remember hearing about it months ago, but I never saw video or picture confirmation. Wouldn't surprise me either though if it's in there.

Also, I want to see more of the modes fully detailed like they did with the Options menu on Monday. Make it happen, Sakurai.

Teknoman

Damn, I just heard the Kirby 64/Gourmet Race/Halberd...thats insane for Kirby. Seriously.

Also YAY they have the Hyrule field theme for TP and OoT!

Halberd music sounds like something from a Treasure game.

I'm going to have to avoid the spoiler thread now. Even roster spoilers seem to go hand in hand with SSE spoilers.

The wait is killing me. ;_;

Keru_Shiri said:
I'm going to have to avoid the spoiler thread now. Even roster spoilers seem to go hand in hand with SSE spoilers.

The wait is killing me. ;_;
I know. I'm reading the other thread but it's really hard avoiding the SSE spoilers. I think I already seen 50% of SSE :(. It'll still be amazing the first time I play it though.

Diablos54

Fuck you NoE, really, FUCK YOU. How the hell am I going to avoid even visiting the DoJo from now on? It's a natural thing these days. I hate NoE. :(

Jiggy

The Kirby boss medley is so, so hot. :eek: Incidentally, though, I'm actually not terribly fond of the medleys as a general rule and I'll probably be setting them pretty low if not off entirely in My Music. >_> There usually manages to be at least one song I don't want to hear, and/or the lack of transitions really bug me. D: Kirby boss medley is somehow fine, though.

Dark World music hot as well.

Teknoman said:
Damn, I just heard the Kirby 64/Gourmet Race/Halberd...thats insane for Kirby. Seriously.
Where have you been? Kirby music has always been insane(ly good) in the first place. :D Respect!

Diablos said:
Fuck you NoE, really, FUCK YOU. How the hell am I going to avoid even visiting the DoJo from now on? It's a natural thing these days. I hate NoE. :(
I might live in the US, but currently I'm blaming NoJ for not making Wii region-free so I could buy Brawl right now. :(

Damn, thats just the start?!

My friends and I may just leave the game running and just listen to the music when we need a break from fighting lol. We did that with Melee, how much more so with Brawl.

So many freaking awesome tunes!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
The Kirby boss medley is so, so hot. :eek: Incidentally, though, I'm actually not terribly fond of the medleys as a general rule and I'll probably be setting them pretty low if not off entirely in My Music. >_> There usually manages to be at least one song I don't want to hear, and/or the lack of transitions really bug me. D: Kirby boss medley is somehow fine, though.

That's because it's Kirby. :D

Seriously, reading responses like this is painful when I can't listen to the music because I'm at university. D:

Teknoman said:

Also YAY they have the Hyrule field theme for TP and OoT!

Halberd music sounds like something from a Treasure game.

:lol

As others have said, Kirby music is serious business.
Jun Ishikawa is just amazing.

Here's a song i'm sure almost all kirby fans are hoping for in the Boss medley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32TMLDPwokk

Kirby music has always been very epic, almost RPGish.

Ninty

Now, for Zelda we need "Gerudo Valley" and a song from Wind Waker (Windfall Island would be a good idea)

MGS need the main theme (for MGS2 please!)

Oh and the Koopa battle from Yoshi's Island. (It's like THE perfect battle song)

And a dream of mine, the music from Gusty Garden and a stage with it from Mario galaxy.

Meloche

Ninty said:
Now, for Zelda we need "Gerudo Valley"
YES, yes please. One of my favourite Zelda themes ever.

I don't know game music as well as most people in this thread I think, and a lot of the ones I do know are already on that (massive) list. Still hoping for some Galaxy music though!

Jiggy

-WindYoshi- said:
As others have said, Kirby music is serious business.
Jun Ishikawa is just amazing.
Truth x10!

Iam Canadian said:
That's because it's Kirby. :D
No, it's actually not even that. >_> I don't really care for [edit: a certain other Kirby medley which, unlike the boss medley, wasn't listed in last night's Dojo update] because [edit: of various reasons which I'm moving into the other thread. :p]... It's not musically dynamic enough for me.

But I suspect many people will differ. And that's okay, since there'll be so much other awesome Kirby music that I'll be happy anyway. :D

Insaniac said:
god trying not to click the spoiler thread is driving me nuts.
I know, I keep fucking goign to click it and then I have to literally pull my hand back. I hope the reactions to whatever is in that evil thread (beyond the intro anda couple other things which I have seen) are positive!

Jiggy

I just want the Dreamland 3 first level theme to show up. As much as I really dislike Dreamland 3 for how much of a step backward it was in every way from Kirby Super Star, and how it signaled the decline of the series for another seven years afterward, that one hyper-cute song almost validated its existence for me.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
I just want the Dreamland 3 first level theme to show up. As much as I really dislike Dreamland 3 for how much of a step backward it was in every way from Kirby Super Star, and how it signaled the decline of the series for another seven years afterward, that one hyper-cute song almost validated its existence for me.

I heap a lot of disparaging on Kirby's Dream Land 3, but the music was really good. The first level theme was great, as was the theme in...1-2, I think, the really energetic, upbeat theme. Plus, it had one of the strongest renditions of the Gourmet Race theme in the series.

I don't think it used the extended version of King Dedede's theme, though, if I'm remembering right. :/

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jiggy quick.

Do a post count of every SSBB thread ever made.

Jiggy

grandjedi6 said:
P.S. Am I the only one who hasn't surrendered to the spoilers?
Probably.

Halycon said:
Jiggy quick.

Do a post count of every SSBB thread ever made.
I probably will after they're all dead and have a finalized count. Except for this thread and the official SSBB thread, since those probably won't ever die; I'll just use whatever numbers are available at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom