• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
ant1532 said:
Quick poll time.

Will NO online stop you from getting Smash Brawl this year?

Maybe. I used to play SSBB will friends at college all the time, but I've since graduated. I doubt I'll get many opportunities to play the game 4 player like I used to, and I'd have a hard time buying it as a singleplayer experience. I was thinking my old college buddies and I could play each other online...

PkunkFury

MrCheez said:
So if icons 12-14 are Melee-introduced franchises... and this list is missing the Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch franchises... does this mean all of these franchises will return?

well 14 could be a new franchise for Brawl and still fit the organization scheme (and if that's the scheme, 13 could too, but how many franchises do Nintendo have left?)

however, I'm going out on a limb and saying all Melee franchises return. Cutting a whole franchise seems like a cold move. My guess is that when Sakurai said he was cutting characters, he meant the clones

Tom Nooks super smash would be "leaf power" where he pulls out a leaf and it turns into a random piece of furniture. Then he lays the smack down on you like in the WWF

I think someone had an idea that Tom Nook's Final Smash could be a bomb in disguise. He would hand/sell someone a suitcase or piece of furniture, and it would explode.

thefro

Miyamoto said in the IGN interview when they asked him about SSBB online that all announcements about Brawl will be on the Smash Blog.

So I expect online to be confirmed on the blog in one update.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I'd still buy it with no online. It would be a bitch to round up people every time I feel like playing multiplayer which is why online would be great.

Firestorm said:
Also, are we sure this is Tom Nook or could it be one of his kids/nephews/whatever they were?

stage06_070713a-l.jpg

Did he have nephews/kids? I didn't know that. Its true that Nook isn't wearing his normal clothes in the picture.

PkunkFury

bigmakstudios said:
I think someone had an idea that Tom Nook's Final Smash could be a bomb in disguise. He would hand/sell someone a suitcase or piece of furniture, and it would explode.

I think it will be "Here Comes the Neighborhood". Nook posts a Nookington's Sale sign in the ground. Then all 100 and whatever characters from AC go stampeding from one side of the screen to the other. Characters caught in the mob are trampled to death

It seems like so many of these levels are just flat platforms with different game backgrounds. How is Delfino Plaza any different from Smashville? I want crazy different stages like in Melee, not 30 variations of Battlefield with different graphics.

NeonZ

StrikerObi said:
It seems like so many of these levels are just flat platforms with different game backgrounds. How is Delfino Plaza any different from Smashville? I want crazy different stages like in Melee, not 30 variations of Battlefield with different graphics.

Huh... Delfino Plaza is like Mute city, the platform lands in different locations through the match. The arena doesn't stay the same...

Akai

Amir0x said:
Animal Crossing stage? Brawl confirmed second worst game of all time.
Good job, you pretty much effectively jinxed any hope of Ness and Earthbound-related stages from making the cut... :lol

StrikerObi said:

Eh, from my experience, the allegedly "boring" stages in Melee were the only ones with any real staying power, for casual and hardcore players alike. None of the guys in my dorm corridor back in the day ever wanted to play Big Blue, Icicle Mountain, Zebes Depths, Fourside, etc.

Anyway, I have a feeling that this game will have a staggering number of stages. It's not like characters, which have to be limited to some degree for the sake of game balance. There'll be plenty of room for gimmick stages, I'm sure.

{Mike}

Banned
We could fight into a Super Monkey Ball. The ball would be in 3D, fighters inside, and would roll into a level like in the game. You could break the ball by doing much damage or something.

JCX

I'm hoping for some more crazy stages too. I do like Final destination and its variants, but I also like pokefloats, fourside, and big blue. If we don't want cloned characters, we shouldn't want clone levels either. However, no levels as dumb as Infinte glacier or annoying as flat zone.

[Nintex]

Did you people already forget the Castle and Mario kart stages?
I'd also count on a FZERO GX stage!! and Metroid Stages wich have always been dynamic in some form.

Tom Nook should be able to summon re-animated fossils and use a t-rex as a final smash.

EDIT- Would also be nice to see Smashville's layout change as residents move in and out of town.

Firestorm

JCX9 said:
I'm hoping for some more crazy stages too. I do like Final destination and its variants, but I also like pokefloats, fourside, and big blue. If we don't want cloned characters, we shouldn't want clone levels either. However, no levels as dumb as Infinte glacier or annoying as flat zone.

Then it's a good thing I want more clone characters!
I don't mind Pokefloats too much, but all the more casual players I know don't like it ironically enough.

Amir0x

Banned
moku said:
Justice will come in the form no inclusion of any Earthbound charactors or stages.

good i don't want Earthbound characters associated with that sorta thing. It might start hanging out with that bad crowd and become negatively influenced. Ness deserves only Animal Crossing-free games.

NeonZ

Firestorm said:
Then it's a good thing I want more clone characters!

I'd say the existence of the assist trophies reduce to almost zero the chances of cloned characters this time : /

After looking at what SNK pulled using basically just a few tweaked costumes in Kof2006, the 3d game for PS2- They included a huge number of costumes based on characters from their various franchises who aren't in the game- I'd really like to see a similar thing in Brawl, kind of like what was already done with Daisy and Blood Falcon in melee, only in a larger scale, and possibly with names recognized/ stats tweaks, but, just like real clones, that's really doubtful now, as the minor characters probably will appear as assists.

Chao

I want to see the Brawl version of Green Hill.

Yeah, Green Hill.

Like in Sonic the Hedgehog, that blue bastard, the fastest thing alive etc *wink wink saynomore youknowwhatImean*

Chao said:

Yeah, Green Hill.

Like in Sonic the Hedgehog, that blue bastard, the fastest thing alive etc *wink wink saynomore youknowwhatImean*
This is what it would end up looking like except with sonic and Eggman removed
image.png

Chao said:

Yeah, Green Hill.

If Sonic ever makes it in... watch them put City Escape as his stage instead. :lol

"BLAH BLAH BLAH SUCK MY **** AND WE WILL ESCAPE FROM THE CITY"

Oh God what an horrible thought.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
thefro said:
Miyamoto said in the IGN interview when they asked him about SSBB online that all announcements about Brawl will be on the Smash Blog.

So I expect online to be confirmed on the blog in one update.

The fact that he completely sidestepped that issue was probably due to the fact that they didn't want any negative press after doing a good jo with the conference (for the mainstream, of course).

Smash ain't online, until further confirmation.

Nintaiyo said:
I don't really like how many of the themed stages are simply one or two seemingly simple platforms. Kinda seems like a lazy job especially when they stick a themed background in there with a floating platform over it. I would have liked to actually battle in the village with all of the different animals and buildings. It would have added more personality IMO.

I agree. I liked the Earthbound levels in SSBM because it felt like you were in the level.

Having the platform floating above the world just seems unatural

Dark Ninja said:
This is what it would end up looking like except with sonic and Eggman removed
image.png

And if Dr Robotnik came in once in a while and swung around his wrecking ball that so be so awesome. Kind of like the Zelda bridge level.

Nabs

the latest update made me revisit animal crossing for the gc. i fell back into that game within 10 minutes... according to my neighbors, its been 3 years exactly. great game :) hurry and bring it to the Wii.

usea

Hm, photographs of paused gameplay on a television look a lot better than PR shots professionally posed and captured.

I think comparisons made in this thread have been better.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
BrandNew said:
c'monnnnnn trailer. I want a new trailer.

I have a feeling they'll do a new trailer and show case the game at TGS, or maybe earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom