• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Are these pics new?

super-smash-bros-brawl-20070809084917727.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20070809084919556.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20070809084918477.jpg

KINGMOKU

ant1532 said:
Dojo site. Which is about Smash news. Smash news is the discussion in this thread.
Guess who's back, back again.

dont fucking get banned again. This thread was a damn mess without you.

usea

Jonk said:
I think I could say "see I told you EarthBound fans would be happy" but I think it is already self-evident. I knew what was coming (and I knew it wasn't Lucas, never stated it was), but you all didnt believe me.

I will never give a hint again to GAF again of anything I receive after this crapshoot.

It just comes to show you how stupid people here can be here.

Enjoy your EarthBound.
Chew on a bag of rusty dicks.

Teasel

mmm... i was thinking,mr saturn was an item in melee but since he's in reality a character wouldn't it make more sense to make him an assist trophy now?

Jiggy

Oldschoolgamer said:
Guilty Gear doesn't exist?
I didn't remember Guilty Gear having that much of a focus on aerial fighting, so I went and looked up a couple YouTube matches... and I still don't think it does. :p
But I guess it depends on your definition of an aerial game. Maybe what I should have said isn't that Smash "has" an aerial game but that it fundamentally is one, since nearly every attack knocks you off the ground and forces that situation.

Xeke

Banned
ant1532 said:
I'd like to see Lil Mac as an Assist Character. I think he would be way better suited for that.

Oh yeah, and Sakurai already said he was done adding really old school characters. (80% sure he said that but I will look it up again if I gots to)

No way. We don't have Pickachu yet. Unless you mean, adding to the game. Not the site.

Teasel

mostly of those scan is old stuff already on the site but there are some new screenshot,if you guys want for collection purpose (ie: updating the OP) i can separate the new stuff and upload it somewhere

Zeed

Banned
Teasel said:
mostly of those scan is old stuff already on the site but there are some new screenshot,if you guys want for collection purpose (ie: updating the OP) i can separate the new stuff and upload it somewhere
Please do!

Zeed

Banned
SantaC said:
how many secret characters has been revealed?
We don't know which characters so far, if any, are secret. From what I hear Sakurai saved the secret characters for after the game was out with his Melee website. This might explain why we have not seen Snake yet.

Haunted

We probably won't see any secret characters on the dojo site before its release, but - like Snake - it's possible they'll be revealed by some other source, like Famitsu, or even Nintendo themselves at TGS.

We don't even if Meta-Knight is considered a secret character, or if we'll get his profile on the site soon. He's one of the few revealed characters that don't have a profile yet. I personally expect Peach to be the next character update, though.

Haunted One said:
We probably won't see any secret characters on the dojo site before its release, but - like Snake - it's possible they'll be revealed by some other source, like Famitsu, or even Nintendo themselves at TGS.

We don't even if Meta-Knight is considered a secret character, or if we'll get his profile on the site soon. He's one of the few revealed characters that don't have a profile yet. I personally expect Peach to be the next character update, though.

I don't think characters like snake should be secret
I mean he could be used to promote the game some people might buy it because he's in it
kind of like Soul Calibur 2's comercials

Zeed

Banned
Teasel said:
<Pictures>
Looking at these scan i wonder if we'll get meta knight character profile and super scope page this week
Excellent job! Only thing that could make it better is if we could get Blim in here to use his filter to fix the scan quality.

Stalfos

Teasel said:
Looking at these scan i wonder if we'll get meta knight character profile and super scope page this week

The super scope has already been featured in "moving and shooting" in the techniques section of the update site I doubt they'll do an update just for the item now. No meta knight profile as far as I know though so that could be next week.

Edit: Beaten, took me too long to type up my post since I went to check the site and confirm before I posted.

Jiggy

Sakurai's probably holding off on a Meta Knight profile just so some of you people can continue to speculate that he's the villain when he isn't. Makes things more interesting, generates more hype in a roundabout way.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Sakurai's probably holding off on a Meta Knight profile just so some of you people can continue to speculate that he's the villain when he isn't. Makes things more interesting, generates more hype in a roundabout way.
Personally I'm inclined to label him as the anti-hero, which is the role he's pretty much always played.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Wow, I posted it twice and you people still didn't listen.

This isn't the official Smash brothers thread, this thread is for website updates.

If this is the official thread, I can just close it until a week before the game comes out.

sprsk

selig said:
You heard it, guys, dont talk about SSBB in here, this topic is about the Dojo´s content only.

*sigh*

You guys need to make other threads for other content. That's all I'm saying. If there are Smash updates from other sites and shit there's no reason that they should go in here. How do you people expect anyone to learn anything about the game if you just stuff everything into this massive thread?

You can talk, I don't give a shit about that. Just don't post media and news from other sites here.

I don't let Halo fans make their thread, fans of other games don't get a megathread this early. This game doesn't come out till fucking december, so this thread still has 4 months to grow. By the time its done its going to be a fucking massive ass uncontrollable thread. I'm trying to keep it from getting too big.

If you guys are unhappy with this and want to overreact thats fine, I don't need this thread to go check the smash brothers site every day at 4.

Zeed

Banned
sp0rsk said:
You guys need to make other threads for other content. That's all I'm saying. If there are Smash updates from other sites and shit there's no reason that they should go in here. How do you people expect anyone to learn anything about the game if you just stuff everything into this massive thread?
All that content is also posted and discussed in other threads. Those scans actually originated from another thread, where they were thoroughly discussed, largely by people who don't frequent this thread. In that other thread information and screen shots from the Dojo were also posted because people showed interest in features in the scans that are detailed on the site.

Not only is it doing no one any harm to mention information from other sources (that information gets its own thread anyway), but this is a strange double standard to hold. This thread has a small community of its own, and I'm not sure why you would knowingly want to come in and shut it down simply because the main discussion is augmented by relatively small bits of information from the occasional alternative source (a frequent practice in countless other threads).

If you feel that the thread is mislabeled, I think that a reasonable compromise is to rename this something like "Smash Bros. Brawl Information Megathread".

sprsk

Zeed said:
All that content is also posted and discussed in other threads. Those scans actually originated from another thread, where they were thoroughly discussed, largely by people who don't frequent this thread. In that other thread information and screen shots from the Dojo were also posted because people showed interest in features in the scans that are detailed on the site.

Not only is it doing no one any harm to mention information from other sources (that information gets its own thread anyway), but this is a strange double standard to hold. This thread has a small community of its own, and I'm not sure why you would knowingly want to come in and shut it down simply because the main discussion is augmented by relatively small bits of information from the occasional alternative source.

If you feel that the thread is mislabeled, I think that a reasonable compromise is to rename this something like "Smash Bros. Brawl Information Megathread".

If this is a megathread then I'm closing it. You guys don't get special treatment.

Zeed

Banned
sp0rsk said:
If this is a megathread then I'm closing it. You guys don't get special treatment.
Wait, megathreads are against policy? I wasn't aware of that. Okay then.

Anyway what I understand your complaint being was that all the information would be condensed here, giving it a monopoly on information - I completely agree with that. But I think the misunderstanding here is that we're not posting the information here first, we do make other threads for other sources, and only then mention them here, if at all. It also works in reverse, because occasionally big news from the site is also made into its own thread.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
quick question sporsk, can we post / discuss the other media in here briefly if it has its own thread? or is all talk forbidden.

Would it be that bad to create and use a separate thread to discuss the scans? I mean, we've even opened other threads to discuss big dojo updates. If people want to discuss smash, they should have no problem finding the threads to do it in.

sprsk

Syth_Blade22 said:
quick question sporsk, can we post / discuss the other media in here briefly if it has its own thread? or is all talk forbidden.

I don't see what is so hard about talking about those things in their own thread.

Somnid

Might as well appease sp0rks, we all know how he feels about megathreads. It's not like we'll be getting any special updates outside the dojo anyway at this rate, it's just slightly different screenshots of which we already have hundreds.

In this thread's defense though the alternative is a new thread every single day which I think is a far worse option.

dkeane

Somnid said:
In this thread's defense though the alternative is a new thread every single day which I think is a far worse option.
It would be 4-5 new threads everyday because people would try and beat each other to it. It would be a mess.

Zeed

Banned
sp0rsk said:
I don't see what is so hard about talking about those things in their own thread.
We do! The original thread was here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179181

A lot of the people who replied there were regulars in this thread. But like a lot of things, it quickly slipped off the front page (perhaps because Brawl wasn't even included in its title). A lot of people in this thread didn't know about the news, and because we're eager to spread it, it was reposted here. If every time a person doesn't know about old news they are prompted to go back and resurrect a dead topic, we'd have a lot of old threads coming back out of ancient history. It's just counterintuitive.

sprsk

Zeed said:
We do! The original thread was here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179181

A lot of the people who replied there were regulars in this thread. But like a lot of things, it slipped off the front page (and Brawl wasn't even included in its title). A lot of people in this thread didn't know about the news, and because we're eager to spread it, it was reposted here. If every time a person doesn't know about old news they are prompted to go back and resurrect a dead topic, we'd have a lot of old threads coming back out of ancient history. It's just counterintuitive.

If you can't keep the discussion up then it's not my problem. If people want to see pics or news then they can look at that thread, if they miss out it's their problem. Like I said, this isn't the official smash brothers thread. The only reason I and the rest of the mods let this exist is because we dont want new threads every day about website updates. This new concept of hermiting in threads and creating official threads out of things that clearly aren't is becoming a real annoying problem on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom