• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

NeonZ said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger reaction to those news. Does GAF only like negative discussion?
Most people are sleeping, and most people won't check this thread to see that online has basically been confirmed.

AniHawk said:
Most people are sleeping, and most people won't check this thread to see that online has basically been confirmed.

see, I skimmed through this thread and didnt notice anything about online at all until I read this, its awesome that there is a chance of online now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Slurpy said:
Erm.. these items are kinda starting to annoy me. Was hoping we'd get something substantial today.

What's substantial is not the item, it's that there's a confirmation that the Mother franchise is back.

Haunted

Bah, there's not enough characters with projectile attacks to make this really useful. Although, with the rifle and other shooting items....

I guess it's an ok item after all. :)

If online has been confirmed.....(ALL JAPANESE SPEAKERS GET IN HERE AND TRANSLATE 5 DIFFERENT WAYS):

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS this game is worth fucking $1000 to me now.

zoku88

TheKingsCrown said:
If online has been confirmed.....(ALL JAPANESE SPEAKERS GET IN HERE AND TRANSLATE 5 DIFFERENT WAYS):

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS this game is worth fucking $1000 to me now.
Shh, don't give them any ideas.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Linkzg said:
next week better be Morther update week.

they can also have a non-smash announcement on the site that Mother 3 comming to VC in America.
They'd have to announce they were adding GBA games to the VC before they did that.

Mother 1 is a longshot, but at least semi-plausible. It was officially translated, after all.

ohamsie

item08_070810b-l.jpg

It's cool you can see the biplane in this shot, I wonder if it will fly around the background throughout the level until it's time to hop aboard.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Guys, this thread is for website updates ONLY; news from other sources get posted OUTSIDE this thread.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Been playing through Earthbound and I just recently got up to the part where you need the Franklin Badge, cool to see the item show up, I think I'm gonna play some more in honor of this update.

Jonk

I think I could say "see I told you EarthBound fans would be happy" but I think it is already self-evident. I knew what was coming (and I knew it wasn't Lucas, never stated it was), but you all didnt believe me.

I will never give a hint again to GAF again of anything I receive after this crapshoot.

It just comes to show you how stupid people here can be here.

Enjoy your EarthBound.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Jonk said:
I think I could say "see I told you EarthBound fans would be happy" but I think it is already self-evident. I knew what was coming (and I knew it wasn't Lucas, never stated it was), but you all didnt believe me.

I will never give a hint again to GAF again of anything I receive after this crapshoot.

Enjoy your EarthBound.
All right now, I was on your side but now you're just being a whiny bitch.

NeonZ

-WindYoshi- said:
Game & Watch is not returning... haven't you guys seen the way Wario moves and attacks?

Yes, I've seen. He doesn't pull weapons out of nowhere and his animations don't have only 2 frames, so he's nothing like Game & Watch.

The only real similarity to Game and Watch is his walking animation, but even that one has a much higher number of frames than Mr.G&W's...

I won't argue with ya... he waddles side to side and his attack animations are basically non-existant... Sakurai even says he has a unique fighting style that is hard to see... but, I won't argue with ya.

Zeed

Banned
Jonk said:

Enjoy your EarthBound.
Didn't I tell you guys that this assclown would come running back at the first tiny mention of Earthbound screaming "LULZ I TOLD U SO" at the top of his lungs? Good job dude, thank you for your exclusive inside information about the fantastic fucking Franklin Badge. It's good to know that you weren't trying to build us up just to let us down. Watch him take credit for every Earthbound update we'll be getting within the next month.

ant1532

Banned
I really think Nintendo has been showing the latest build of Smash to some press (Coro Coro, IGN)

Anyways, yeah, I'm feeling Ness next week for sure.

Jammy

Banned
I really want to see the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch. :( It'll just be so weird having had them in past games but not this one. I was just hoping they'd get rid of clones... or at least make them stand out from each other.

ant1532

Banned
I would honestly be pissed if they wasted a character on him.

Why. Because look at him. It's just like playing as a generic crowd character from GTA. Nothing cool about him. The only thing cool about him was that he beat all those boxers but it was really you.

NeonZ

-WindYoshi- said:
I won't argue with ya... he waddles side to side and his attack animations are basically non-existant... Sakurai even says he has a unique fighting style that is hard to see... but, I won't argue with ya.

So 'unique' now stands for 'derivative' according to you? Yes, his weird animation style does resemble G&W's, but they're different. Wario still has a much higher number of frames, it only looks weird because the animation seems to abruptly stop in some key frames.

However, even ignoring that difference, only one of Wario's movements, running, and a single one of his normal attacks shown up to this point, a sliding running headbut, even vaguely resembles G&W's. His revealed special attacks are nothing like G&W's (chargeable waft, bike) and his other normal ones (backwards falling headbut, upside down headbut, bite) also are nothing like G&W's. It makes no sense to claim that he's replacing a completely different character.

If Wario was supposed to be G&W's replacement, he'd have attacks using items from various Wario Ware minigames, just like G&W did with items of his own games, not just plain weird attacks.

Zeed

Banned
-WindYoshi- said:
Yes, but they're hardly identical. There's a similarity in they way they animate and the comparisons pretty much end there. Game and Watch had a unique and functional moveset, and I would be astounded to learn that he was cut. Zero Suit Samus and Shiek resembled each other in some ways, and given that we now have TP Zelda many people (myself included) assumed Shiek was out - but thanks to the Aonuma interview we know Shiek is in fact back.

ant1532 said:
I would honestly be pissed if they wasted a character on him.

Why. Because look at him. It's just like playing as a generic crowd character from GTA. Nothing cool about him. The only thing cool about him was that he beat all those boxers but it was really you.

they would use the SNES Little Mac (even tho he was never given a real name), I mean they used him in Fight Night, or they could just re-design him in the same way they re-did Pit.

and having a boxer as a character would be great and make sense in a game where you fight other people. On top of that, Punchout is a pretty popular game.

they just need to 'Steve Fox' him and base his moves on Ippo, it would be perfect.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
AntMurda said:
What are the chances that we get Lil' Mac. I think the is the next biggest classic character.
I know he was the "hero" of Punch-out, but he had the least personality and signature moves of any of the boxers in it. I'd go with one of the opponents like Bald Bull or King Hippo way before Mac.

ohamsie

Jonk said:

This is probably be for the best for everyone. Nobody likes to hear someone say that they know something if they are unwilling to share it or are unable to, and it will spare you from insults.

If you do have legitimate information, and you are willing to actually share it, and maybe even state what your source is, please go ahead and do so! :)

ant1532

Banned
I'd like to see Lil Mac as an Assist Character. I think he would be way better suited for that.

Oh yeah, and Sakurai already said he was done adding really old school characters. (80% sure he said that but I will look it up again if I gots to)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
sp0rsk said:
Guys, this thread is for website updates ONLY; news from other sources get posted OUTSIDE this thread.

Quoting this for a new page, cause I know people on this forum have reading problems.

ant1532 said:
I'd like to see Lil Mac as an Assist Character. I think he would be way better suited for that.

Oh yeah, and Sakurai already said he was done adding really old school characters. (80% sure he said that but I will look it up again if I gots to)

If they make Little Mac (dont bunch him in with the people who put lil infront of their names) an assist, he will end up just being like Knuckle Joe, thats no fun.

ant1532 said:
We can't talk about Smash news that comes from outside the official site? What?

there was a thing a while back about making "offical game threads" way before the game comes out, this thread technically is only about the Dojo website.

ant1532

Banned
Linkzg said:
there was a thing a while back about making "offical game threads" way before the game comes out, this thread technically is only about the Dojo website.
Dojo site. Which is about Smash news. Smash news is the discussion in this thread.

ant1532 said:
Dojo site. Which is about Smash news. Smash news is the discussion in this thread.

technically this thread is supposed to mainly be about the official Dojo website updates, its not the official Brawl thread, so the news about the online which was from another website isnt a dojo update, so technically it shouldent be in this thread.

it doesnt really matter either way.

Zeed

Banned
Linkzg said:
so the news about the online which was from another website isnt a dojo update, so technically it shouldent be in this thread.
It has it's own thread. It hasn't been discussed for pages. We're now discussing information derived solely from the dojo website - unless he's nitpicking the Aonuma interview references, whose information is completely relevant to the discussion at hand. It's being used as a source, not being debated.

Firestorm

Woke up, saw Mother item, thought GAF probably asploded.

I just got my EGM and they seem to say they'll have hands-on impressions in next month's issue so it's not out of the question some news sites have played it... next month will be fun ^_^

AntMurda

Little Mac is the man and it really is a throw-back to the great punch-out series spanning 2-arcade games and 2-console games.

Wasting a character? That's foolish. I certainly would have rather had Lil Mac in Melee than the lobsided irrational decision to have 4 Pokemon. We all know people would rather be Ash than freaking Jigglypuff.

Haunted

AntMurda said:
Little Mac is the man and it really is a throw-back to the great punch-out series spanning 2-arcade games and 2-console games.

Wasting a character? That's foolish. I certainly would have rather had Lil Mac in Melee than the lobsided irrational decision to have 4 Pokemon. We all know people would rather be Ash than freaking Jigglypuff.
Which Little Mac design are we talking about here? NES or SNES? hm, Little Mac SNES style... yes, please!

Brawl also needs a boxing-only character, every big fighting franchise has one of those! :lol

Jiggy

AntMurda said:
We all know people would rather be Ash than freaking Jigglypuff.
Actually, no. The game needs floaty, air-oriented characters like her, Peach, Pit, and Meta Knight. Seeing as Smash is the only fighter that has an aerial game to begin with, I'm not sure why you'd want a ground-based character instead.

With Pichu you'd have a case, though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Got a question. I could probably just go look, but, i figure I'll just post here. I've been playing smash recently, and have been having a ton of fun in Hyrule Castle. Has any stage been shown, that doesn't look like battlefield number XX?

Jiggy37 said:
Actually, no. The game needs floaty, air-oriented characters like her, Peach, Pit, and Meta Knight. Seeing as Smash is the only fighter that has an aerial game to begin with, I'm not sure why you'd want a ground-based character instead.

With Pichu you'd have a case, though.

Guilty Gear doesn't exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom