• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW CHARACTER!

It's Reggie of Nintendo of America fame!

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20050722113203813.jpg

And boy is he ugly.

Kafel

Banned
Where is the Earthbound guy ?

How do you feel ?

Hope everything will be fine for you today ( yeah, I want my Mother update )

It is a Mother/Earthbound update.

The Franklin Badge.

http://www.smashbros.com/it/index.html

Q: Why does it say MOTHER on this item?
A: Is there anything WRONG with having an item that says that?

item08_070810b-l.jpg

The Franklin Badge. It’s a little small.

item08_070810c-l.jpg

Just put it on your chest for now. I mean, it IS a badge...

It doesn’t stand out much, but characters who wear this badge are protected from projectiles.

item08_070810d-l.jpg

I’ve been shot!

item08_070810e-l.jpg

It... It bounced off!

In other words, this item gives you reflector capabilities—and you don’t even have to do anything. Talk about handy! And reliable!

But it won’t stay on through an entire match, so be sure to notice when it comes off partway through the match. Otherwise, you’ll regret it.

item08_070810f-l.jpg

Come on, now! Where are you sticking that thing?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Franklin Badge, when you pick it up you wear it and all projectiles bounce off of you and hit other characters. This, based on my rough translation of the Spanish site.

[edit] You guys realize that this basically confirms Ness is back, right? They're obviously not ignoring the Earthbound series so they're not going to ignore a character that was unlockable in the first game and a starter in the second game.

Hear that Amir0x? Ness is in!

Jenga

Banned

Zeed

Banned
Nintaiyo said:
There you go, Mother fans! Maybe next week... :D
To be fair now that they've given us this shitty Mother update, I think we can probably expect a...not so shitty Mother update? Soon? Hopefully?

Zeed said:
Wait, so is this what was supposed to make "Mother Fans really happy"? This is it?

Well, while the badge itself is pretty weak, the fact that Nintendo is dropping the "Earthbound" name and utilizing the game's proper title is pretty cool.

It's like they are trying to act like Mother never existed anywhere.

*sigh*

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Zeed said:
To be fair now that they've given us this shitty Mother update, I think we can probably expect a...not so shitty Mother update? Soon? Hopefully?

The pattern in the past would indicate yes. Especially these past few dealing with FE. So I wouldnt be surprised if we got the Ness update next week along with his final smash or one of his moves.

jvalioli

perfectchaos007 said:

It's like they are trying to act like Mother never existed anywhere.

*sigh*
By confirming that MOTHER characters/items/stages/whatever else will be in Brawl.

Zeed

Banned
Enduin said:
The pattern in the past would indicate yes. Especially these past few dealing with FE. So I wouldnt be surprised if we got the Ness update next week along with his final smash or one of his moves.
The FE pattern was completely different - they just sprung Ike on us out of nowhere and followed up with an FE stage. Then came the Subspace Megaton. Still, maybe Lucas will show up next week, he's overdue already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom