• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazan

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ the wikipedia entry. They change it the whole time

"As to the future of the Super Smash Bros. series, former HAL Laboratory President and current President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, during the Nintendo E³ 2005 press conference, promised an online iteration of the game to come with Nintendo's next videogame console, Wii. In issue #885 of Famitsu magazine, Sakurai first revealed that he will be serving as a director and game designer on Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Nintendo's next-gen console Wii. FUCK'FUCK'FUCK'FUCK'FUCK'FUCK'FUCK
GAMEFAQSERS FUCKING SUCK.

SINCERELY SMASHINGPMKNS""

And
"Masahiro Sakurai is currently living in an apartment in Tokyo, close to the studio in which Super Smash Bros. Brawl is being developed. Sakurai's apartment is home to a number of cats as well, of which he is very fond, it was recently confirmed that Sakurai's cats ate him alive after they caught him "fapping" to controversial pictures of Krystal from the Nintendo series Star Fox. Officials believe that the cats were jealous of the fictional character. Fanboys around the globe are currently pressing charges against the cats, but PETA has taken the cats side saying that it was Sakurai's fault for neglecting them for fictional characters.":lol :lol

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Zerodoppler said:
Well, at least he's not as bad as Waluigi, Shyguy or Tom Nook.

Take. That. BACK! Waluigi may have not had the best entrance to the Mario universe, but he has mroe character than everyone!

Olaeh

Man still no Ice Climbers, I'm hoping they make the cut along w/ Mr. G&W.... I'm starting to get a bit worried.

Anyway Diddy is a welcomed addition, its nice to have another character from the DK franchise.

Sule

wikipedia said:
As he tragically died today,he heard fans screaming "DO A BARREL ROLL!" and "SO I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ!"

Masahiro Sakurai is currently living in an apartment in Tokyo, close to the studio in which Super Smash Bros. Brawl is being developed. Sakurai's apartment is home to a number of cats as well, of which he is very fond, it was recently confirmed that Sakurai's cats ate him alive after they caught him "fapping" to controversial pictures of Krystal from the Nintendo series Star Fox. Officials believe that the cats were jealous of the fictional character. Fanboys around the globe are currently pressing charges against the cats, but PETA has taken the cats side saying that it was Sakurai's fault for neglecting them for fictional characters.

:lol somebody is pissed at the updates

Haunted

Waluigi got really likely the second Wario was announced. I believe he might make it in. Petey Piranha as well, for that matter.

Haunted

I really like his model. The cap is funny, the shirt is classic, and the fur looks really good/fitting, imo. The DK franchise definitely deserved another character anyway.

Did today confirm delay = new character?

Haunted One said:
Waluigi got really likely the second Wario was announced. I believe he might make it in. Petey Piranha as well, for that matter.

I would love Petey Piranha and Tom Nook :D

Diddy is kinda meh to me but I guess its nice to have new faces but I would put him in as a support trophy

Varjet

diddykong_070822a-l.jpg

Diddy has teeth in this shot, but not in the others. Kinda strange.

Olaeh

Haunted One said:
Petey Piranha as well, for that matter.

I'm probably the only one on GAF who really wants Petey playable in Smash, he looked great in the new video and I'm hoping he's in as playable.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AniHawk said:
Did Diddy do it?

Diddy didn't...

Sorry, anyway, Diddy looks very nice, and will be a fun little character to play with, decent update :)

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
So there is 16 starting characters so far which is 2 more than what Melee started you with. I am going to assume at least 4 more starters and maybe that means we will get more than 11 secret characters. Hmmm....

Haunted

Outside from releasing a trailer, a new challenger is the biggest thing that can be shown on the site, imo. anti-climactic my ass. :p

sp0rsk said:
You guys killed the site.

This is why we host our own images.
No, the site is fine. It was actually much slower when it was F5'ed permanently 3 hours ago.

Desperado

AlternativeUlster said:
So there is 16 starting characters so far which is 2 more than what Melee started you with. I am going to assume at least 4 more starters and maybe that means we will get more than 11 secret characters. Hmmm....

There are 17 character profiles on the site and the ones for Meta Knight and Solid Snake are still not up yet. So 19.

PkunkFury

Desperado said:
There are 17 character profiles on the site and the ones for Meta Knight and Solid Snake are still not up yet. So 19.

Snake is not a starting character

we don't know about metaKnight

Zero Suit Samus is one of those 17, but she is a transform of Samus

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But to "celebrate" Diddy Kong's arrival, I believe we should listen to a verse of a great classic:

He's back again and about time too,
And this time he's in the mood,
He can fly real high with his jetpack on,
With his pistols out he's one tough Kong,
He'll make you smile when he plays his tune,
But Kremlings beware 'cause he's after you!

thefro

Gunloc said:
Interesting. I personally would have prefered Donkey Kong Jr. over Diddy, oh well.

I believe the Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Country/Jungle Beat/Smash is actually DK Jr grown-up, according to Rare. That's why Cranky Kong is his dad.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
thefro said:
I believe the Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Country/Jungle Beat/Smash is actually DK Jr grown-up, according to Rare. That's why Cranky Kong is his dad.

I like this theory but wonder about how old Mario is supposed to be then.

Nabs

oh my goodness, this is going to be so great. i can't wait!

I guess I chose a good day to sleep a lil early.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
AniHawk said:
Gorillas age faster than humans.

How do you know? Have you been invited to any of their birthday parties?

NeonZ said:
I thought he wouldn't get in because he wasn't even a trophy in melee...

Well that idea is pretty naff, because in the original Smash Bros. lots of characters were never mentioned and they still appeared in Melee. Even Bowser wasn't talked about in name (Mario's profile only ever mentioned "the Turtle Tribe" as his counterpart enemies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom