• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
thefro said:
I believe the Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Country/Jungle Beat/Smash is actually DK Jr grown-up, according to Rare. That's why Cranky Kong is his dad.

There are hordes of crazed Rare DKC fanatics who will kill you for saying that.

Personally, I'd go for the current DK being DK Jr's son (hence Cranky's grandson, as referenced multiplke times), given that DK Jr. last appeared in Mario Tennis for the VB (and in Super Mario kart)... fully grown in a t-shirt.

Not that it matters...

Diddy Kong had better have his cartwheel attack.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maxrpg said:
doesn't this reveal put some credibility to someone's rumors posted?
The apparent "insider's info" someone posted on GFAQs only got on point right, that there would be two character updates in one week (Pokémon Trainer and Peach). However, he later posted saying the next character to be revealed would be Lucas. Well we now know that was wrong, so if you weren't doubting the "insider" you can now.

Also, there is a lot more proof that the whole thing was fake and he had a lucky guess.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Great update--Diddy has always been my favorite Nintendo character. Hopefully the jetpack is a little bit easier to control than on DK64.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hell Yeah! Good thing I decided to get up after my two hour power nap. Looks like they are trying to have at least two characters from each franchise in Brawl?

mclem

Missed opportunity.

No, not the character, I'm fine with that, I'm down wit' Diddy (ugh).

Just thinking, if they're going to delay the update for a new character, it'd be awesomer if they put the "WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!" logo up at Official Japan Time, and then just sit on the rest of the update until they're ready to post.

Vitani

Interestingly enough I was playing against Diddy Kong in Strikers on Monday night (finally won the Crystal Cup) and my (5yr old) son asked me if he would be in "the new Smash Bros for Wii" (I've been filling him in on the interesting updates, he's looking forward to playing as a Pokémon trainer and is glad Link still has bombs), so I replied along the lines of "I imagine so, but it's not been confirmed yet", this means I can give him some nice news when I get home from work tonight :eek:)

Interestingly enough he's actually getting quite good at Melee, can kick my ass when handicap is on (he's usually around 3-4, me around 5-6) so Brawl should be fun

Awesome new character. At first, it didn't show "New Character Approaching" for me and I didn't see a new character icon, so I assumed it was an assist trophy. This was further emphasized when it said he twirled about the level, which I figured meant he randomly ran around the screen cartwheeling peole. I'm glad I was wrong.

lexi

Banned
I've been following this thread somewhat but please will this update prove to the horde of people with their ABSOLUTE certainty and twisted logic that if this is that then surely this can't/can be that.

I'm referring to a number of incidents, one for instance people being CERTAIN about Sheik not being in the game, or some shit about Samus, whether or not any of that crap has been proven yet remains irrelevant after this update. You know nothing; anything goes with this game. Who cares about Diddy? Oh shit, he's now a main, non-secret playable character. Shut the fuck up.

diddykong_070822d-l.jpg

So, can we except the characters watching the fight in Smashville to act according to the fight?

Ashodin

ggnoobIGN said:
From some "Insider: from Smash boards:

I'm going through a lot of trouble to post this, and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Let's just say I know some people who know some stuff about Brawl. Here's what I know:

All together, there will be 42 playable characters in Brawl.

The characters being removed from the Melee to Brawl transfer are:
Pichu
Dr Mario
Sheik
Young Link
Roy

Unannounced Newcomers are:
3rd Party
Sega - Sonic
Capcom - Megaman

1st Party
Animal Crossing Boy
Meowth
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
King DeDeDe
Lucas
Captain Olimar
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario [Via transformation]
Kat & Ana (Duo)

A few assist trophies:
3rd Party
Sega - Chaos [A stampede of Chaos charge the screen, knocking away all foes]
Sega - Tails [Tails swoops from the skies in his airplane, firing missiles down at the stage.]
Capcom - Zero [Zero charges back and forth across the stage, damaging anyone in his path.]
Capcom - The Judge [The judge from Phoenix Wright appears over head, much bigger than normal. He slams his giant gavel onto the stage repeatedly, crushing anyone in the way.]

1st Party
Zant [The sky turns a tone of orange as Zant crushes a single random character]

An unreleased stage:
Sonic's level - Space Station Arc [The fight progresses through several different areas outside the space station. Gravity is reduced, so jumps are much higher.]

Also says Peach final smash will be next week and Captain Falcon will be confirmed next week to prove himself.

Quoting this post to keep it up as a checklist.

Bolding parts which have shown up.

I'll keep watching the week go on. Peach's final smash is probably a lock, but Captain Falcon would be a good guess since the newcomer for the week has been revealed.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Me on page 133 said:
I think Diddy is EXTREMELY likely, probably the most prominent and obvious Nintendo character absent from previous installments aside from Wario.
What what.

LOL at people clamoring for Dixie. Awful, awful character design. 80's workout leggings, shirt tied in the front, and a headband under her beret. And you want to reward the creators of this abomination? Yikes. The quicker forgotten the better.

Maxrpg said:
Quoting this post to keep it up as a checklist.

Bolding parts which have shown up.

I'll keep watching the week go on. Peach's final smash is probably a lock, but Captain Falcon would be a good guess since the newcomer for the week has been revealed.

Fake.

By the way isn't Shiek confirmed to be in the game?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
MicVlaD said:
Diddy? Diddy!?

Yuck.
Is it really that surprising? He's been in quite a few games. Like I said earlier in the thread, he's basically the Luigi of the DK universe.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Akinola said:
Man, I knew Diddy was next in line to be in this game.

Now all they need is cranky. Or better yet, K.Rool.
I hope that most of the big boss of the main Nintendo games will make an apparition in the story mode.

Shig said:
Is it really that surprising? He's been in quite a few games. Like I said earlier in the thread, he's basically the Luigi of the DK universe.
Knew he'd be in Brawl in some way or another, but I was hoping Diddy would be an assist trophy. There are better Nintendo characters out there that should be playable instead.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
By the way, its obvious that Cranky Kong = Donkey Kong from the arcade, just look at the goddamn intro from DKC and all the things DK talks about (the good old days). Donkey Kong JR. grew a bit and started wearing a tie.

Anyways Diddy is a cool character but please, leave Dixie the fuck away, her design is goddamn awful and if you like gorillas with make up on theres something wrong with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom