• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbarron

Zeed said:
The bows could function in different ways - Link's and Pit's are already vastly different. I'm thinking that Lyn's side-B could be her bow critical. It would take a while to actually fire as she spins the arrow (not chargeable) but the shot would fly straight and hit harder than Link's.
Or since Archers are so great against flying enemies, perhaps it could be a good meteor smash, if timed correctly.

Jiggy

You people are making me listen to Girl of the Plains again. And it's just as awesome as before.
The little remix of it in Companions is good too. So is the Precious Things version. And, of course, Recollection of a Petal. Man, there's a reason FE7 is still my favorite Fire Emblem. :eek:

Edit: Light to Tomorrow is a semi-decent rendition, One Heart is good, Loyalty is good, and the part of it that's in The Grieving Heart is really good. There are some bad versions of this theme in the game, but they're so outweighed by the nice ones. It's just too bad that in terms of sound quality it's limited by the capabilities of the GBA. Needs Wii to do it justice. Make it so, Sakurai. Lyn or bust. :(

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
What say you GAF, is tonights update worth staying up for? Or have we gotten a number of great updates in a row now and are in for a stinker?

Fridays have on average either gotten a Character update or a Stage update, and seeing as we got Diddy Kong on Wed chances are we are in for a stage tonight, especially since its been a while. But again given the quality of recent updates we may be getting something more along the lines of the Franklin Badge than a Stage or Subspace Emissary type update.

Zeed

Banned
Enduin said:
What say you GAF, is tonights update worth staying up for? Or have we gotten a number of great updates in a row now and are in for a stinker?

Fridays have on average either gotten a Character update or a Stage update, and seeing as we got Diddy Kong on Wed chances are we are in for a stage tonight, especially since its been a while. But again given the quality of recent updates we may be getting something more along the lines of the Franklin Badge than a Stage or Subspace Emissary type update.
I think the general consensus is that we're getting a stage. The only question is what stage we're getting. So far we know that part of the Castle Siege stage is unrevealed, we know that the Mario Circuit stage is unrevealed, and that the Pokemon Stadium stage is unrevealed. It could be any of those or something completely new.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
jiangjunizzy said:
yea.. but imagine the amount of effort theyd have to put into 40 different little stories, id imagine characters from the same series would share the same 'story'. ie: mario & luigi

This is Super Smash Bros. with a nearly unlimited budget and Sakurai with free reign to do whatever he wants.

I don't think we can even try to guess what would be "reasonable" here.

Jiggy

Normally I'd say a Kirby stage; that's what I've been predicting for a few days, since we already have stages from Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, and Fire Emblem. That leaves Pokemon, Metroid, and Kirby as some major first-party franchises--and Pokemon and Kirby already have semi-revealed stages, so I'd go with one of them. Of the two, I think Kirby's more likely because his profile has been basically the only SSBB update his franchise has gotten; Pokemon has two characters and two Poke Balls already.

But... this update will be on Kojima's birthday. So I'm going with a Metal Gear Solid stage. If it's not that, it'll be music, again, just to screw with all of our minds in true MGS fashion. I certainly don't anticipate Snake's profile or any sort of MGS-related item.

fusoya59

Enduin said:

No need to stay up. I'm sure the update's something small like a Wiimote item.

fusoya59 said:
No need to stay up. I'm sure the update's something small like a Wiimote item.
sonic_wiimote.jpg

Petey Piranha revealed as a major enemy char!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

modea04_070824a.jpg

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumored that there will be boss appearances.

This time, I’d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!

modea04_070824b-l.jpg

He... He’s huge!

modea04_070824c-l.jpg

Too intense!

Locked in the iron cages he holds are the princesses, Peach and Zelda. He looks angry. Wh-what is he doing?

modea04_070824d-l.jpg

He’s attacking with the iron cages!

You can save either Zelda or Peach, depending on which cage you damage more and subsequently break.

modea04_070824e-l.jpg

What will happen to the one you don’t save?!

Zeed

Banned
Well that certainly came out of nowhere.

I guess this confirms split storyline paths? It seems to follow a semi-linear design. I bet that the princess you don't save ends up playable after breaking out or something, while the one you do save has more immediate concerns?

AMUSIX

So, wait, does this mean that Peach is going to be screwed by the storyline?

OK, ok, so they say you can rescue either one...but who would rescue Peach over Zelda?

(cue popularity battle)

wait, this is pretty awesome news.

that means that on top of assist characters AND playable characters, now Nintendo is giving more fan service with boss characters!

K Rool confirmed as boss character along with King Dedede!

and sorry peach, but Zelda is getting saved everytime.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
hmm... Petey is a boss. This seems to promote the idea of a party based quest where you accumulate characters to choose from rather than picking whoever you want. Here, I'd pick Zelda... and then try to rescue Peach I assume?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Holy crap thats like intense as hell, you have to sacrifice Peach or Zelda? This is going to be so fucking epic. Sakurai wasnt joking when he said characters would be tested.

Though what happens if the character you choose is Peach or Zelda?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder if the adventure has some tunes of it's own? Maybe the Ridley tune is for a boss battle, that'd be awesome!

Somnid

Hell yeah, bosses, it's like Sakurai can secretly read my mind. So can we start throwing stuff like Ridley into the boss pile?

Enduin said:
Holy crap thats like intense as hell, you have to sacrifice Peach or Zelda? This is going to be so fucking epic. Sakurai wasnt joking when he said characters would be tested.

Though what happens if the character you choose is Peach or Zelda?

You probably start as Kirby.

Zeed

Banned
modea04_070824b-l.jpg

modea04_070824c-l.jpg

modea04_070824d-l.jpg

modea04_070824e-l.jpg

The first and last shots look like FMV, which means that apparently there will in fact be different videos made for each branching path. However, since you start off automatically as Kirby, obviously you do not have truly free character selection like people have suggested. It's a dynamic, but linear storyline - WITH FRIGGING CUT SCENES FOR EVERY PATH.

woxel1

Wait, didn't the earlier update show the stadium being engulfed in a subspace explosion?

modea03_070821e-l.jpg

Does this mean the boss battle is timed as well @.@

vareon

Nice, this opens up space for other characters to appear as bosses :D

Ridley, maybe? One of Zelda's bosses? Nice little update.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
woxel1 said:
Wait, didn't the earlier update show the stadium being engulfed in a subspace explosion?

modea03_070821e-l.jpg

Does this mean the boss battle is timed as well @.@

That happens if you fail to kill all the baddies and stop the bomb it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom