• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Teasel said:
yes,the same who where in the original kh,those being yuffie,aeris and cloud
Thanks.

I take back what I said earlier, too. I'd accept Yuffie in Smash, but only her. >_> That would never happen, though. Ever.

Sharp

I thought pretty much all SE characters were ruled out of Smash when they revealed their PSP game whose name I can't remember, weren't they?

Sharp said:
I thought pretty much all SE characters were ruled out of Smash when they revealed their PSP game whose name I can't remember, weren't they?

Dissidia? I thought it just ruled out Final Fantasy characters since its a Final Fantasy property.

GamerSoul

I think it might be between Sora and Crono for Square-Enix. Crono would be a sweet oldschool character, one the things I liked most about Smash is seeing characters that are hardly ever seen anymore.

Zeed

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Not you, your name is Snitch (and I do mean that in the nicest way possible).

Do you have a source for that? I'm pretty sure Nintendo's got the rights.

GamerSoul said:
I think it might be between Sora and Crono for Square-Enix.
I know for an absolute fact that Disney owns Sora.

Zeed

Banned
FoneBone said:
The end credits of Mario & Luigi (in which he has a cameo) list him as being "(C) Square-Enix."
That's weird. Nintendo has the rights to the game, but Square has the rights to the original characters? Odd. *shrug*

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely agree that if there will be any Square Enix character at all it will be a Slime. It's the only thing that makes sense.

It would be a representative from THE biggest RPG franchise in Japan, one of the most iconic characters in all of gaming over there, and it would come with Dragon Quest IX impending on the DS as the perfect reminder of the main series' full return to Nintendo platforms.

Honestly, they'd have to be insane to pick another character over Slime (with regards to S-E characters).

Zeed

Banned
Three hours to go, I predict a stage.

I think that because we keep predicting stage, it keeps not happening. But whatever.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Teasel said:
yes,the same who where in the original kh,those being yuffie,aeris and cloud

Oh shit I didn't think of that.

Cloud vs Link would make a lot of otaku skeet bricks. I guess it's certainly a possibility now, yeah.

Jiggy

If there has to be an FF character, it should be Terra and her sweet, sweet, awesome music. But that can't happen because then too many people would complain that it should have been Cloud.

Anyway, stage. Wario > F-Zero > Mother in terms of likelihood. I've decided on Mother being the least likely because if there was a Mother stage, then the first Mother character revealed would probably be shown in that stage (in at least one of the pictures). But I think that the first Mother character revealed will be shown fighting in Smashville, cheered on by the Animal Crossing town residents, since there have been at least a few dozen gaming events this gen that have made Amir0x's head explode and precedent says we're due for another one at some point.

They're going to put Cecil and Golbez from FFIV in. This will help promote the upcoming FFIV remake. Cecil will be able to switch between Dark Knight and Paladin.

At least, that's according to the word on the street.

Forgotten Ancient said:
They're going to put Cecil and Golbez from FFIV in. This will help promote the upcoming FFIV remake. Cecil will be able to switch between Dark Knight and Paladin.

At least, that's according to the word on the street.
Word on the street... or voice in your head?:D

I'll accept either. I've heard some pretty weird things in my noggin that turned out to be true.

I thought I was drunk or stoned when the Wii name was revealed, being I had a dream about it months prior.:lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
Pipedreaming here, but I would love to see Cyan Garamonde.

130px-Cyan_ff.png

FF6 was full of win.

EktorPR

Indeed. One of, if not my favorite Final Fantasy of all time.

Well, decided to take a break from Corruption (OMG IS FUCKING AMAZING!111). I predict for tonight's update a STAGE, like last night, and the night before. Poké Stadium or Metroid Prime-related.

It's been ages since Sakurai last revealed a new stage, so I'm guessing a one will be unveiled tonight.

Let's see if I can start my predictions in this thread with a winner.

Zeed

Banned
IamMattFox said:
It's been ages since Sakurai last revealed a new stage, so I'm guessing a one will be unveiled tonight.
Beat you to it, but like I said it's been ages for a while now and still no stage. Probably won't happen, but I'm sticking to the prediction anyway.

GhaleonQ

I thought, based on those included in the background of Smashville, that Mister Resetti was the most likely Animal Crossing inclusion?

Firestorm

GhaleonQ said:
I thought, based on those included in the background of Smashville, that Mister Resetti was the most likely Animal Crossing inclusion?

Personally I still think Nook is in. If not, AC Villager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom