• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

wow, nice water effects.

I'm not a pokemon aficionado, but I guess these attacks are taken from the anime/games? Good stuff.

ShinNL

Cool, you can see that Squirtle is a lot more mobile than the heavy type Charizard. Both Squirtle's special attacks move Squirtle and both Charizard's special attacks do not move Charizard at all.

Edit: Oh, there's no way Ivysaur won't have Razorleaf as Side+B. That will make it a projectile type along with the two other special attacks. Wow awesome.

McBacon said:
poke.jpg

I guess the trainer didn't have a very high level badge...
:lol :lol :lol

Odinson

PT is going to be a very versatile character. I'm going to predict that squirtles <b move> is water gun, Ivysaur <side B> is razor leaf, and charizards <up b> is either seismic toss or some flying type move.

woxel1

Firestorm said:
How could anyone doubt Pokemon Trainer =O He's the most unique character to pop up since Ice Climbers.

And come ooonnnn Belly Drum!
There will be no breeding in Smash Brothers.
Or will there?

Dina

So let my get this straight. The Pokemon Trainer actually stands at the back while you fight with one pokemon at a time (and swap em with down-B)?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
As has already been said a number of times these look awesome. There are some neat new ideas here too. Area affects with up+b (waterfall)
and upward firing projectiles which will be interesting to use when guarding air attacks. Can't wait to spam Ivysaur's grab + up throw + bullet seed :D

Dina said:
So let my get this straight. The Pokemon Trainer actually stands at the back while you fight with one pokemon at a time (and swap em with down-B)?
Correct. the Trainer never directly participates.

ohamsie

I'm still pretty hyped for playable Charizard. It was always my favorite pokemon, and I imagine it will be a heavy character like Bowser, but with the ability to make multiple jumps like Kirby and Kid Icarus, which seems like it would be a fun playstyle.

A bit off topic, but as for myself, my favorite Pokemon has always been Mewtwo. Seeing all this awesome Pokemon stuff going in-game is making me hope and pray that he's still in!!! :[

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Olaeh said:
PT is looking to be my character of choice. He just looks so incredibly fun to play as. Very nice update today =)
yeah I can see myself using pokemon trainer quite often, but Link will still be my preferred character.

psycho_snake

GDGF said:
They can't add anyone from FF7. Nintendo says the character has to have appeared on a Nintendo system. And if someone from FF7 does make it in by some strange chance, you can bet your sweet bippy that a FF7 remake is on its way to the Wii or the DS. I shant open that can of worms, though.
It would be a really good surprise if they did include a FF7. I'm probably the only person who would like to see barret as the FF7 character in brawl instead of cloud or sephiroth.

Its pointless to think about it though, I cant see any FF character being included in brawl

Insaniac

i wonder how similar charizard's standard firebreath is to bowsers standard firebreathing.... New standard B move for bowser maybe?

psycho_snake

ohamsie said:
I'm still pretty hyped for playable Charizard. It was always my favorite pokemon, and I imagine it will be a heavy character like Bowser, but with the ability to make multiple jumps like Kirby and Kid Icarus, which seems like it would be a fun playstyle.
That would make charizard one hell of a chracter. He would basically be a fast version of Bowser.

In response to an earlier post: I'm betting Charizard's Flamethrower will work like it did in SSBM.

Anyway, the moveset seems fine, but could be better.

Bullet Seed - eh, I'm sure it's good under certain circumstances, but it should've been Razor Leaf. Well, at least have Razor Leaf be his side + B move.

Withdraw - Eh? Why not Rapid Spin? Withdraw isn't even an attack.

Rock Smash - An HM? Why not, say, Fire Fang? I dunno, Rock Smash just seems boring.

This is what I had for their moveset before this announcement:

Squirtle:

B: Bubblebeam
Smash B: Rapid Spin
Up B: Waterfall
Down B: Switch
Final Smash: Surf

Ivysaur:

B: Razor Leaf
Smash B: Energy Ball
Up B: Leaf Storm (causes him to rise into the air)
Final Smash: Solar Beam

Charizard:

B: Flamethrower
Smash B: Fire Fang
Up B: Fly
Final Smash: Sunny Day (makes Flamethrower and Fire Fang exponentially more powerful)

psycho_snake said:
That would make charizard one hell of a chracter. He would basically be a fast version of Bowser.

Well remember - you have to switch out of Charizard eventually.

Firestorm

woxel1 said:
There will be no breeding in Smash Brothers.
Or will there?

To play Pokemon Trainer to his full potential you must breed the Pokemon for IVs and Natures and then EV train them.

I'd probably kill myself.

psycho_snake

A Link to the Snitch said:
Well remember - you have to switch out of Charizard eventually.
I knew about that. It would be the one downside about charizard; you wont be able to use him throughout the whole battle.

Haunted

I expect a disappointing update tomorrow. Probably a boring music update or some trite.

Also, why does no one mention Phoenix Wright as a playable 3rd party character?
been playing too much GS3 lately. >_<

Haunted One said:
I expect a disappointing update tomorrow. Probably a boring music update or some trite.

Also, why does no one mention Phoenix Wright as a playable 3rd party character?
been playing too much GS3 lately. >_<

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!

want Edgeworth

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A Link to the Snitch said:
Withdraw - Eh? Why not Rapid Spin? Withdraw isn't even an attack.

Since the shell does move along the ground I'm expecting it to be more like Yoshi's Smash B in Melee. Its probably going to be like Rapid Spin only they choose a more well known attack

G-Fex

So since trainers in background that means no one can hurt him physically? Or maybe he'll faint like you do in the pokemon games when you lose a battle.:lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
G-Fex said:
So since trainers in background that means no one can hurt him physically? Or maybe he'll faint like you do in the pokemon games when you lose a battle.:lol

He'll probably just vanish when you lose

Dr.Hadji

grandjedi6 said:
He'll probably just vanish when you lose

I don't think that's what he'll do at all. If it's a stock game, then the game would end right when the last Pokemon is killed. This would leave little time to see PT disappear or show any other kind of reaction.

I think Sakurai is going to bring back the free frame zoom in camera finish instead of just slapping "GAME" on the screen. If he does this, there is an opportunity for finishing taunts or other animations. If that happens, I imagine PT will run on the field and give Squirtle a hug and toss him up in the air.

Haunted

Dr.Hadji said:
I think Sakurai is going to bring back the free frame zoom in camera finish instead of just slapping "GAME" on the screen. If he does this, there is an opportunity for finishing taunts or other animations. If that happens, I imagine PT will run on the field and give Squirtle a hug and toss him up in the air.
or run up to Charizard and break his back trying to lift him.

I've never really thought about it and always assumed GAME! would just appear again when the fight's over. Maybe Sakurai'll change it up for Brawl, though.

Akai

Dr.Hadji said:
I don't think that's what he'll do at all. If it's a stock game, then the game would end right when the last Pokemon is killed. This would leave little time to see PT disappear or show any other kind of reaction.
Uh, how about for those that don't play 1-on-1? =)

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
It becomes a 1v1 once the other player(s) are gone.
What if the Pokemon Trainer loses first? That's the question here - what happens to him in the background after all his Pokemon are gone?

I think he'll probably flop to the ground looking glum or something.

I just have one question. And I mean this totally seriously. Does Nintendo hate us? I mean... cause the lack of official confirmation of online mode in this game makes me feel completley abused. As though Nintendo, as a corporation, is fully aware of the fact that they're toying with my emotions. Seriously, Nintendo. Why do you hate me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom